Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Need a loophole 
What's a life?

Fun and games. Our practice server is being migrated and we’re being given roaming profiles. We will be connecting to the hospital network and using their internet connection. No biggie. Except part of this means they can see everything I do in terms of visiting websites. Yup I’ll have a quick look at X404 whilst waiting for the next patient to turn up. Or maybe I’ll order that thing off Amazon. Well now it’ll be monitored and tracked.

I normally use Firefox portable on a USB stick to avoid leaving any traces on the computer in case others have needed to use it on days when I’m not in.

We have a separate wifi service for staff. Most will use their phones to connect to it. I’m using it now to type up this thread. Unmonitored and WPA secured. Perfect except I’d like to use my desktop computer to run firefox portable but connect to the practice wifi.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:30 am
What's a life?

Can you use a VPN service or will it be blocked?

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:39 pm
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

Probably blocked. Even before the migration, if I searched for VPN websites, my search result page would be blocked.

I’m now looking at the possibility of a raspberry pi set up. I have two monitors and I use them for different clinical software so I can have them side by side. But I’m considering sacrificing one monitor, hooking it up to the Pi and using it to run portable firefox from a memory stick.

Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]