Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Secure WiFi Connection From Hackers....! 
Has a life

Hello everyone,
i just need a few suggestions on securing my WiFi on a public place. I recently experienced that i logged into my social accounts and after sometime it just hacked.
After internet surfing, i get some solutions for protecting yourself from identity theft through VPN, but what VPN you recommend best for this situation...?
    PureVPN
    USA VPN
    Ivacy
    Torrents VPN
    VPN Sports
Just suggest from any of them mentioned above...
Thank you,
Regards,
Chris

Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:35 am
Site Admin

A vpn won't help you for this. Step 1 is change all passwords (different passwords for all of them), lock down your wifi & watch what you click on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've only ever done it with a chicken so far, but if required I wouldn't have any problems doing it with other animals at all.

Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

I think he might mean securing his wifi connection while in a public place, rather than being a wifi access point in a public place?

A VPN would be a reasonable step assuming you're sending data over the wifi connection without encrypting it first. In reality these days almost all sensitive data IS sent over encrypted channels (e.g. HTTPS rather than HTTP), so you're effectively already doing what a VPN would do anyway (not quite, but in general terms) anyway. If you then set up a VPN the main difference is with encrypted comms they can't read the messages but they can see where you're sending them to and from, whereas with a VPN they can't see that. To be honest knowing you're talking to facebook is of fairly limited use to a hacker.

Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:07 pm
Has a life

Yes jonbwfc...
You are right. I just read a post on public wifi security & got the solution for this. Thanks jonbwfc & saspro....:)

Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]