Reply to topic  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62
Brexit Britain 
Spends far too much time on here

Quote:
Mr Johnson yesterday signed off the Brexit deal for the UK to leave the EU on January 31.

He tweeted: “Today I have signed the Withdrawal Agreement for the UK to leave the EU on January 31st, honouring the democratic mandate of the British people.

“This signature heralds a new chapter in our nation’s history."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/12 ... ffs-quotas

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:19 pm
What's a life?

Lovely piece in The Register yesterday. The Conservatives have organised a Brexit Kit - tea towel, lapel pin and magnet - to celebrate Brexit-Day... Only they made the mistake of ordering the kit in the UK, so purchasers won't be receiving it until 10th February! :roll:

Farewell and adieu, see you all post Brexpocalypse... I saw a tweet from Gav that he had no electricity and no hot water this morning, that bodes well for the future...

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:11 pm
Profile ICQ

As a wise man once said:

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

The battle for Brexit may be over; the battle for Britain is about to begin.

the UK has left the EU building. hope they have a nice EU day ...

Last edited by MrStevenRogers on Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:20 pm

big_D wrote:
Lovely piece in The Register yesterday. The Conservatives have organised a Brexit Kit - tea towel, lapel pin and magnet - to celebrate Brexit-Day... Only they made the mistake of ordering the kit in the UK, so purchasers won't be receiving it until 10th February! :roll:

Farewell and adieu, see you all post Brexpocalypse... I saw a tweet from Gav that he had no electricity and no hot water this morning, that bodes well for the future...

most of the big privatised energy companies in the UK are owned and run by the nationalised energy companies of are 'so called' EU partners and you are right it doesn't bode well for the future ...

Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:23 pm

today a trade deal with the EU has been completed, only the fine print to be done. the UK heads into the new year as a independent, sovereign, free trading nation.

please have a good Xmas, the best you can under the circumstances as we move into an even happier new year, best wishes to all ...

Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:35 pm

This is Brexit Britain … https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55475433
A Britain where the people drafting very important legislation simply can't be arsed to check what it is they are submitting.
But that's okay, because we can now take back control of … something undefined that we never had control of in the first place.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
I haven't seen my friends in so long

My work is split in two regions. UK+France and Denmark+Northern Europe. Having so much trouble shipping to France from the UK that they're moving production from UK to Denmark. Fortunately having 2 locations means it's easy to switch, but that will be 2-3 jobs lost from the UK.

><(((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>
•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>

If one is diving so close to the limits that +/- 1% will make a difference then the error has already been made.

Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:15 pm
What's a life?

A lot of people on Twitter bleating on about how unfair it is that they need visas to work in Europe now... What did they expect, that is what they voted for!

Interestingly, I'm being targeted with adverts from the UK Government saying "living and working in Germany, are you prepared?" A little bit late, don't you think?

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:29 am
Profile ICQ
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Personally I am still waiting for all these supposed benefits from Brexit, particularly the £350 million a week that was to be put into the NHS etc.

Where is the land of milk and honey? Soon won't be able to afford either!

Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:02 pm

Paul1965 wrote:
Personally I am still waiting for all these supposed benefits from Brexit, particularly the £350 million a week that was to be put into the NHS etc.

Where is the land of milk and honey? Soon won't be able to afford either!

Brexit hasn't fully happened yet, but it will. the benefits of Brexit are the UK is no longer a member of a minority but a member of the majority. as of the NHS the more money given the larger the NHS management grows. the NHS sorely needs more diversity managers at the expense of frontline staff (sarcasm). but be that as it may, Brexit is here Brexit will stay, kult remain will just have to live with it ...

Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62