Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
The little tipple thread 
Occasionally has a life

JJW009 wrote:
RedFlames wrote:
Beer - can't stand the stuff... though I dislike Newcastle Brown Ale more than most others...

The beauty of Newcy is it tastes exactly the same coming up as it did going down :lol:

At one time it was my favourite tipple, primarily because you drink it from the bottle so it can't be watered down. I drank in some pretty low establishments.

to quote a friend of mine ... it's looks like the Tyne ... and it tastes like the Tyne ...

another thing... when I was Newcastle I hardly, if ever, saw anyone drinking the stuff... come to Preston and nearly everyone's drinking the stuff... that or snakebite and blackcurrant [even the thought of which makes me want to hurl]...

it's also no longer made in Newcastle

Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:06 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Tall glass full of ice.
One or two shots of Southern Comfort.
Fill rest of glass with good brand ginger ale.
Enjoy!

Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:29 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

If its hot a pint of Stella goes down well, otherwise a good real ale is excellent.

If at home a large Gordon's Gin and Schweppes tonic occasionally or a crisp cold glass of Chardonnay goes down well. :D

Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:46 am
Profile WWW

Growing up we never had larger in the house, and Dad made cider on occasion. When I started to drink out I was amazed by how many people drank larger, and the sheer number of people who drank cider (Strongbow). I love sweet cloudy cider, really dislike the dry stuff, but cider doesn't agree with me...I get terrible hangovers after just a pint and a half...

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:37 am
Profile WWW
Has a life

Do like a nice Laphroaig every now and again ;)

Also a nice Akvavit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akvavit

but dont really drink beer.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:14 am
Occasionally has a life

PaulKey wrote:
My scotch of choice would probably be Bushmills. Come to think of it it's been some time since I had that too !

uummmm Bushmills aint scotch its whiskey from Ireland :roll:

Rather fond of Black Bush,Glenfiddich and quite a few real ales(though not easy to get over here :( )

Whiskey should be drunk as your god made it.....

Red wines and some home made wines have been responsible for many a bad day in the past :oops:

I cant let them be at times,though nowadays I don't drink many due to the fact the medication I'm on reacts worse with wine than other alcohol.

yours wecrookie :shock:

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:26 pm
Occasionally has a life

Spirts - Vodka and lots of it, I'm one of the odd ones that like it neat.

Cider - I can take or leave, I will have it if theres nothing else, normal prefer something abit sharper than strongbow but I'm no expert.

Beer - some largers, white beer but mainly ale, can you guess which is my favorite?

Hobgob.

^^^^^^^

Nietzsche wrote:
Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:53 pm
Has a life

Dark rum, definitely not white, with Coke and a slice of lemon. Only time I touch coke but a nice drink and unlike others one I can drink a lot of and not get a hangover from. A nice malt whisky with a drop of water, no ice, is a very nice drink but not one for a serious drinking session given the after effects.

On a hot day a decent lager is a great thirst quencher but otherwise I prefer a good real ale. Not keen on stout but not fussy about style otherwise. Not for a serious drinking session though as generally the result is a bad stomach, bad head or both the next day depending which one I've been drinking.

Don't drink a lot of wine, really just the odd glass with a meal so not to fussy about it as long as it isn't cheap plonk.

Richard.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:34 pm
Doesn't have much of a life

Mmmmm - this might take some typing.....

Anyway, I suppose at home I'm a Bacardi and Coke chappie. I don't like getting up from the puter much so I drink it out of a pint glass and the glass is always full to start with. One usually does but 4 is my absolute limit.

I do like a glass of red and Claret is my fave although any of the full bodied stuff is cool (am drinking a South African Shiraz at the moment - very peppery).

Being a Jock it may surprise you that I don't really like whisky but by the time the third one is down the gullet I'm an expert. George and J G Smiths Glenlivet is my absolute fave and the proof stuff at that. I was taught to drink whisky by my dad who insisted always on a drop of water - about 20% again to bring out the flavour.

Beer - I like a fine real ale, Guinness or lager but it has to be cider on a hot day.

I do like Southern Comfort - straight with loads of ice or with lemonade. Cointreau by the bucketload - straight, with ice or at room temperature. It's amazing how different it is. Baileys - in the bottom of the fridge for two days, glass beside it and loads of ice. Gin and tonic - not diet anything but it does need a slice of lemon.

Part 2 tomorrow night.... :shock:

Al

Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:06 pm

I drink less and less these days. Gone are the boozy nights involving ten pints of Guinness and a long walk home, to sober up.

I still enjoy the occasional Scotch or G&T, but I'm getting increasingly picky about which ones. I still have two unopened bottles of JD in the cupboard, because I lost the taste for it. Single malts, and some of the better blends, never last very long though, I find them very moreish; often combined with Glayva for a 'Rusty Nail'.

Jamesons and Bailey's was a surprising discovery quite recently, it is very nice; but I have to be in the right mood.

Fri May 01, 2009 9:25 am
Has a life

Cider for everyday (MerryDown Dry), wine has to be red and Australian, water has to fizzy and Italian, coffee has to be hot. ATM on the cider...

Fri May 01, 2009 7:14 pm
What's a life?

onemac wrote:
I do like Southern Comfort - straight with loads of ice or with lemonade.

In my formative still-at-school-but-drinking-anyway years, I drank lots of Southern Comfort. Then later, they changed it and dropped the percentage and changed the bottle, and it's just not the same as it was. I'd love them to reinstate SC as it should be.

Charlie Brooker wrote:
Windows works for me. But I'd never recommend it to anybody else, ever.

Fri May 01, 2009 7:15 pm

I've got some Guinness Original in at the minute, great stuff, better than the draught in my opinion. My Grampy used to drink a bottle a day, I remember sitting on the arm of his chair and taking a mouthful of the stuff from his pint glass. When ever I drink it the first gulp takes me right back to those days...

Fri May 01, 2009 7:24 pm
Profile WWW

ProfessorF wrote:
In my formative still-at-school-but-drinking-anyway years, I drank lots of Southern Comfort. Then later, they changed it and dropped the percentage and changed the bottle, and it's just not the same as it was. I'd love them to reinstate SC as it should be.

So that wasn't my imagination!

I hardly ever touch it, but back in the 90s I used to have a shot every once in a while for something different. I had some recently, and it was just awful. I thought I'd lost my mind :x

When you're feeling too silly for x404, youRwired.net

Fri May 01, 2009 7:56 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2