Reply to topic  [ 4990 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 329, 330, 331, 332, 333
The Ranting (or Venting) Thread. 
Author Message
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:11 pm
Posts: 12124
Location: Belfast
Reply with quote
pcernie wrote:
timark_uk wrote:
pcernie wrote:
Got a new oil tank fitted months ago.
How much did this cost? You can DM me the answer if you don't wanna put it on open forum.
This might have to be done in a new house so it's not just idle curiosity.
Not sure on just the tank itself, but £800 for it, transferring the oil into it, and installing it on a concrete plinth that was made.
Cheers man.
We'll definitely need oil transferring from our current premises to the new one, not sure we'll get a new tank immediately as I have to check capacity of current one.

Mark

_________________
okenobi wrote:
All I know so far is that Mark, Jimmy Olsen and Peter Parker use Nikon and everybody else seems to use Canon.
ShockWaffle wrote:
Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.


Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:31 am
Profile WWW
Legend

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:30 pm
Posts: 45921
Location: Belfast
Reply with quote
Apologies if you're a jogger but I'd imagine you're not a berk like the ones I encounter.

5k runners taking up almost the entire path between them and nearly standing on my dogs' feet. Even worse, one 5k set now goes on a different night to the other set so they don't get in each others' way. The only consolation is most of them will have the knees of a pensioner by the time they're 45.

It used to be one or two folks in the entire park, now if it's not a park run crowd swarming from side to side, it's two or three berks running up the middle of the path in some sort of high-vis civil partnership.

One of these days I'm gonna hold a meeting in the park along the lines of, 'Look, just eat less and go for a walk. No messing your legs up, no need for disturbing lycra, no upsetting EVERYBODY ELSE.'

_________________
Plain English advice on everything money, purchase and service related:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/


Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:33 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:11 pm
Posts: 12124
Location: Belfast
Reply with quote
We are preparing to move house (signing contract in just over a week) and I wanted to buy some properly sturdy boxes to transport my records in.
I found some ones online that looked perfect.
Shipping for five flat-packed cardboard boxes seemed a bit much at a tenner, but these are going to be protecting items are are considerably more valuable than that, so I thought 'okay'.
Then I see that shipping was set to England, Wales and Scotland, so I hit the drop-down and select Northern Ireland … you can probably guess what's coming …
Thirty [LIFTED] quid to ship five boxes to me over here.
And it's not like they are coming from Canada or somewhere like that, it is an England based company.
That would have put the total cost for five cardboard boxes up to around £60 (after VAT was added).

I wasn't having that, so I went on to Amazon and found 10 boxes, around the same dimensions and construction as the ones above, for £22 and free shipping.

I tried not to go to Amazon in the first place because I wanted to give the smaller independent a go. In this instance that was certainly a mistake.

Mark

_________________
okenobi wrote:
All I know so far is that Mark, Jimmy Olsen and Peter Parker use Nikon and everybody else seems to use Canon.
ShockWaffle wrote:
Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.


Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:31 am
Profile WWW
Legend

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:30 pm
Posts: 45921
Location: Belfast
Reply with quote
timark_uk wrote:
We are preparing to move house (signing contract in just over a week) and I wanted to buy some properly sturdy boxes to transport my records in.
I found some ones online that looked perfect.
Shipping for five flat-packed cardboard boxes seemed a bit much at a tenner, but these are going to be protecting items are are considerably more valuable than that, so I thought 'okay'.
Then I see that shipping was set to England, Wales and Scotland, so I hit the drop-down and select Northern Ireland … you can probably guess what's coming …
Thirty [LIFTED] quid to ship five boxes to me over here.
And it's not like they are coming from Canada or somewhere like that, it is an England based company.
That would have put the total cost for five cardboard boxes up to around £60 (after VAT was added).

I wasn't having that, so I went on to Amazon and found 10 boxes, around the same dimensions and construction as the ones above, for £22 and free shipping.

I tried not to go to Amazon in the first place because I wanted to give the smaller independent a go. In this instance that was certainly a mistake.

Mark


It's incredible that in 2020 they're still pulling that one. Mind you, we can add it to more expensive insurance and not getting supermarket deals like EVERYBODY ELSE DOES.

In other news, joggers have taken over the park to the extent they've got people with radios telling you not to drive in. I'm sick of the lot of them, they're ruining a public park for people who aren't [LIFTED] demented.

_________________
Plain English advice on everything money, purchase and service related:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/


Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:37 pm
Profile
Legend

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:30 pm
Posts: 45921
Location: Belfast
Reply with quote
Does this happen to anyone else? You randomly need to check account details on a site you haven't been near in months, and THAT'S when they're doing maintenance? :x

_________________
Plain English advice on everything money, purchase and service related:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/


Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:22 am
Profile
I haven't seen my friends in so long
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:17 am
Posts: 5550
Location: Nottingham
Reply with quote
Trying to arrange a refund from Microsoft Store (online) including speaking with the support people on the phone. My god. It's so bad I'm thinking of giving up the £33.50 as a lost cause.

At one point I was told "you'll receive the refund yesterday." Time travelling refunds FTW.

I didn't.

_________________
Twitter
Blog
flickr


Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
Legend

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:30 pm
Posts: 45921
Location: Belfast
Reply with quote
My irreplaceable American Transformers exclusives are sat in Kildare instead of Belfast... At least they'd better be :cry:

Honestly, I never have anything go missing of all the hundreds of deliveries I get bar the most fcuking important stuff! Nnngggghhh!

_________________
Plain English advice on everything money, purchase and service related:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/


Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:04 pm
Profile
Legend

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:30 pm
Posts: 45921
Location: Belfast
Reply with quote
I'm sick to the back teeth of scumbag online sellers of every hue. When I come to power they'll be hung, drawn, quartered, shot, burnt, stabbed, infected...

_________________
Plain English advice on everything money, purchase and service related:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/


Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:06 am
Profile
I haven't seen my friends in so long
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:14 pm
Posts: 5663
Location: Scotland
Reply with quote
pcernie wrote:
John_Vella wrote:
I didn't see your name before I read the reply and just for a moment I thought that bratty had returned! :lol:


You're not paranoid if it's true. Or something. I miss Bratty!


He's not posted or been here since 2018.

_________________
Image


Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:29 am
Profile
I haven't seen my friends in so long
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:55 am
Posts: 7922
Location: Manchester.
Reply with quote
brataccas wrote:
pcernie wrote:
John_Vella wrote:
I didn't see your name before I read the reply and just for a moment I thought that bratty had returned! :lol:


You're not paranoid if it's true. Or something. I miss Bratty!


He's not posted or been here since 2018.


Ooh, I wonder what happened to him? :o :shock: :? :roll: :lol:

_________________
okenobi wrote:
John's hot. No denying it. But he's hardly Karen now, is he ;)

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)


Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 4990 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 329, 330, 331, 332, 333

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.