Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Uber gets itself banned in Italy 
Legend

Uber gets itself banned in Italy | TechRadar
http://www.techradar.com/news/uber-gets ... d-in-italy

Hmm, never heard of 'privileged profits' before. That's usually more to do with the politicians in Italy... But I wouldn't be giving Uber money in any case; they're the dodgiest, almost slave labour group going. And they've got competition for that accolade, frankly.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:08 pm
What's a life?

They are also essentially banned in Germany. They have declared illegal, although I think they still operate.

The problem here is, that they do not vet that their drivers have a professional driving license and insurance to carry paying passengers - you can't have the latter without the former. As they refused to ensure that all drivers had the correct driving license and insurance (they argued, that that is not within their remit, the courts argued, as Uber is employing/subcontracting the drivers, they have a duty to ensure that they are driving legally), they have been banned.

Without a professional license and without commercial insurance, the drivers cannot take paying passengers. What they would be allowed to do:
  • Carry a passenger on a route that they were already planning to drive (E.g. car sharing going to work, taking a passenger to another town that you were already planning to visit
  • If they are carrying a passenger, at best, the passenger is allowed to pay for their share of the fuel used for the journey.

There are already several ride sharing services, where people can register and share a ride to a common destination (or a town on the route). The passenger is then expected to pay their share of the fuel for the journey.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:51 am
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

Uber will continue to be a problem until the venture capitalist funds run out. Uber is cheap because of this ongoing support, and until the VCs decide that they’ll never see a penny of their investments returned, they’ll carry on.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]