Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Netflix's gamble pays off 
Official forum cat lady

Netflix's gamble pays off as subscriptions soar

They certainly have produced a lot of good new shows. Even my step Mum asked about it at the weekend and she's in her 70s.

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:30 am
Official forum cat lady

I've read it through fully now and I'm quite glad that it will mean there will be other players in the market and not just the cable companies. I think Sky and Virgin charge way too much. Hopefully this will bring the monthly fees down in the future.

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:55 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

One of the big changes for me is them finally allowing off line viewing

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:41 am
Official forum cat lady

hifidelity2 wrote:
One of the big changes for me is them finally allowing off line viewing

I haven't had the need to use the download function yet as I keep quite a lot of content on my laptop & iPad anyway. Is it working OK? Does it automatically download the next episode when you have access to internet?

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:43 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Downloaded a couple of things but not watched any of them as currently watching a couple of shows already but will start next week maybe and see - however I doubt it is that smart

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:36 am
Official forum cat lady

hifidelity2 wrote:
Downloaded a couple of things but not watched any of them as currently watching a couple of shows already but will start next week maybe and see - however I doubt it is that smart

I don't know, Sky seems to be behind on a lot of things. They still have very few films available to 'watch immediately' whereas all of Netflix's content is available. Sky have only just started the facility where it automatically downloads the next episode if you are watching a series. Anyway let me know :)

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:22 am
Doesn't have much of a life

oceanicitl wrote:
I've read it through fully now and I'm quite glad that it will mean there will be other players in the market and not just the cable companies. I think Sky and Virgin charge way too much. Hopefully this will bring the monthly fees down in the future.

The problem is that IMO there are already too many players in the market each trying to grab a slice by having a few decent shows and padding the rest out with crap. Already have to sign up the a cable/satellite service plus Netflix and Amazon Prime if you want to be able to watch all the interesting new programmes, and IMO it's all already too expensive.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:25 am
Profile WWW
Official forum cat lady

BigRedX wrote:
oceanicitl wrote:

The problem is that IMO there are already too many players in the market each trying to grab a slice by having a few decent shows and padding the rest out with crap. Already have to sign up the a cable/satellite service plus Netflix and Amazon Prime if you want to be able to watch all the interesting new programmes, and IMO it's all already too expensive.

Yeah I agree but the Prime and Netflix subscriptions are approximately 10% of the minimum Sky charge. I don't know about Virgin but I think that's at least £40 a month.

The big cable companies need to start dropping their charges or they will lose out in the future as more and more people will be watching content online rather than on their TVs.

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]