Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
iPhone camera 
Dennis Magazines

Much criticised, but as I’ve said many times before the hardware is much less important than the human eye:

http://www.chasejarvis.com/#mi=2&pt=1&p ... 5&a=0&at=0 (Flash required)

Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:27 am
Profile WWW
Doesn't have much of a life

He has some interesting ideas, just a shame he used an iphone camera really. I think phone cameras are useful for capturing a moment, maybe with friends or family, or scoping a scene so that you can go back with a good camera and capture it properly, but using an iphone for the final product seems like a waste of a good idea. The ability to upload them straight to the web is useful, but again, only in the situations I've already mentioned. I like to look at my images on a large screen before anyone else sees them.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:15 am
Profile WWW
Dennis Magazines

I think his point is that if all you have to hand is an iPhone, or any other camera phone for that matter, you shouldn’t think that you can’t take good pictures. Obviously if you have a better camera to hand use that, but not everyone takes a camera with them at all times.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:34 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

There's also this exhibition by a woman who spent 3 months on her back after being hospitalised with only the use of one arm. Her iPhone (here comes the cliche) was the only way she could witness the world around her, rather than stare at the ceiling.

Charlie Brooker wrote:
Windows works for me. But I'd never recommend it to anybody else, ever.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:26 am
What's a life?

I find the iPhone camera’s lack of a physical button tricky to manage at the moment. You only have to brush it with your finger or thumb and you have a shot of your feet :-)

I did manage to get this picture with my iPhone, which surprised me as I thought it might fail spectacularly.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:48 am
Occasionally has a life

SAughton wrote:
I think his point is that if all you have to hand is an iPhone, or any other camera phone for that matter, you shouldn’t think that you can’t take good pictures. Obviously if you have a better camera to hand use that, but not everyone takes a camera with them at all times.

Exactly. It's not an advert for the iPhone's camera, it's merely reinforcing the point that a good eye is the most important thing in photography. You can have the most expensive, top-of-the-line kit in the world, but if you're a [LIFTED] photographer you will take [LIFTED] photographs. Conversely, put a crap camera in the hands of a genius and they'll still take fantastic shots.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]