Reply to topic  [ 4975 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 325, 326, 327, 328, 329, 330, 331, 332  Next
Random $h!t Thread - Part VI 
What's a life?

For the idiots that walk whilst looking at their mobile phones, they have started putting traffic lights into the ground at pedestrian crossings, to stop people blindly walking out into traffic.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:58 pm
Profile ICQ
Occasionally has a life

John_Vella wrote:
Just tweeted a tweet asking for help identifying a logo... If anyone who knows about these things could have a look, I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance.

https://twitter.com/JohnVella68/status/ ... 13312?s=19

Thats Control Logic.

Heres a more crude version on a board ..

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/bB4AAOxy ... -l1600.jpg

Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:11 pm
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
big_D wrote:
For the idiots that walk whilst looking at their mobile phones, they have started putting traffic lights into the ground at pedestrian crossings, to stop people blindly walking out into traffic.

I'd have a message on the floor saying:
"Reading this? You're about to die!"

Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:49 am
Profile WWW
Official forum cat lady

big_D wrote:

:roll:

Had to walk to the other end of Liverpool Street station this morning to pop to the shop. Can't tell you the amount of people that nearly walked in to me as they were looking at their phones.

And in the last couple of weeks I've been nearly run over by scooters, twice. This type, not the ones that mods ride with engines

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:00 am
What's a life?

You need to carry my brother with you...

A courier ran a red light and ploughed into him as he was walking across the pedestrian crossing on a green light. The courier and bike hit the ground, my brother stared down at him.

The courier stood back up and started swearing at my brother, he just picked up the bike and threw it clear across the street into a lampost, which got the courier even madder, until he also went flying headlong across the street towards his bent bike.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:25 am
Profile ICQ
Official forum cat lady

big_D wrote:

A courier ran a red light and ploughed into him as he was walking across the pedestrian crossing on a green light. The courier and bike hit the ground, my brother stared down at him.

The courier stood back up and started swearing at my brother, he just picked up the bike and threw it clear across the street into a lampost, which got the courier even madder, until he also went flying headlong across the street towards his bent bike.

Sounds like I do lol

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:41 am
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
big_D wrote:

I like your brother.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:32 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Went to the genius bar yesterday.

I went about a year ago because my iPhone 6S was playing up and the phone shut down at 35% sometimes for no reason. At the time, there was a recall on the batteries for some phones. I rocked up and had no idea you had to book an appointment. I ended up doing the diagnostics over a phonecall to some chap in America who said the battery was fine.

This time around, my battery life was horrendous (I was having to charge 2-3x a day) and given the drop in price of a new battery (£25 for a replacement), I booked an appointment a week in advance. Checked in and then stood around for a bit, waiting for someone to call my name. Got the battery diagnostics done which confirmed the need for a replacement and was told I could have it done there and then, with collection in an hour's time. Off I went for some lunch and came to collect it. Again, had to check in, stand around aimlessly for a bit and then got my phone.

Mostly a painless process. What I hated was the lack of a queue or official waiting area. You just kind of hang around the store (it was after lunchtime which is obviously much more busy).

Also tried on the iWatches. The small one is a bit too small for me and the large one is a bit too large. I think the strap has an influence on fitting as well.

Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:38 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

big_D wrote:

I wish Jack Reacher was my brother.

Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:22 pm

didgeman wrote:
John_Vella wrote:
Just tweeted a tweet asking for help identifying a logo... If anyone who knows about these things could have a look, I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance.

https://twitter.com/JohnVella68/status/ ... 13312?s=19

Thats Control Logic.

Heres a more crude version on a board ..

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/bB4AAOxy ... -l1600.jpg

Thanks, I'll pass on the information.

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:10 am
Profile WWW

My two girls (6 and 8) were very much enjoying playing with Generation 1 Transformers last night. It's crazy to think 30 years ago I was playing with the same toy(s).

Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:32 am
Profile WWW

veato wrote:
My two girls (6 and 8) were very much enjoying playing with Generation 1 Transformers last night. It's crazy to think 30 years ago I was playing with the same toy(s).

Right up until the last two words, I thought you'd introduced your girls to electronics. I was thinking how coincidental that I was also playing with transformers thirty years ago. And also bridge rectifiers. :)

PS. Yes, I just re-read the original post and realised that it was Transformers with a capital T...

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:48 pm
Profile WWW
Spends far too much time on here

veato wrote:

please make the most of it they will grow up all to quickly :) ...

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:01 am
What's a life?

First snow of the season fell over the last couple of days. Nothing remained for long. It was snowing again as I drove to work.

Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:56 am
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

Yup it was snowing here in the West Midlands in UK today yesterday. I looked out the window expecting it to rain and it started snowing. For all of two minutes before it stopped. Today I got out to the car and it was covered in frost. Took me about 10 minutes before I could drive off.

Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 4975 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 325, 326, 327, 328, 329, 330, 331, 332  Next