Reply to topic  [ 4975 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 324, 325, 326, 327, 328, 329, 330 ... 332  Next
Random $h!t Thread - Part VI 
Spends far too much time on here

cloaked_wolf wrote:
For the first time in four years I was unwell enough to come home from work. Felt fantastic yesterday. Energetic. Started shivering last night out of the blue. Slept poorly. Ached all over this morning but persevered and got into work. Temp was 38.1*C. Took some paracetamol. Temp went up to 38.4 then 38.7. At that point I knew I couldn't cope for the rest of th day so took the afternoon off. Reception reallocated the booked patients. Feeling sorry myself and annoyed my weekend is ruined.

hope you are feeling better. next time you run a temp try drinking some Indian tonic water. it will reduce temps pretty fast ...
(please try it before having a go at me. it does work)

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:19 am
What's a life?

Wouldn't have a go at anyone for suggesting reasonable conservative measures. TBH I was a bit better by saturday and much better by sunday. Still tired and lightheaded but ready enough to come into work on Monday.

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:14 am
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Having to use a VPN to access X404.
Forsome reason the openDNS the rig uses is blocking it as a malware site.

Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
I haven't seen my friends in so long

l3v1ck wrote:

I had that problem for years, when I worked for AI - bloody IT system kept flagging it as unsafe and even when it did let me in, attempting to reply to certain threads sent it into overdrive.

Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:23 pm
What's a life?

l3v1ck wrote:

Microsoft also registered it as a malware site and blocked in Edge and IE for a while. I posted at the time.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:05 am
Profile ICQ
Official forum cat lady

I had a problem accessing it from work recently as it came up with malware error too. Reported it as a safe site and now it's working again.

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:17 am
What's a life?

Aldi Dairyfine Whole Nut. Got given a 200g block of this by a patient. Nice. Really nice. So much nicer than the crap that Cadbury's now spew out. Cadbury's is waxy and greasy tasting. This Aldi bar tasted close to what Cadbury's used to be like. Really impressed.

Neither are a patch on Lindt Hazelnut though.

Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:32 pm
What's a life?

I'll see your Aldi chocolate and raise you Marabou

Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:04 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Cadbury's must really have gone down hill. Aldi is about the worst chocolate you can get over here, Milka is marginally worse. The other store brands (Lidl and supermarket own brands) are about the same quality as Aldi.

Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:45 am
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

l3v1ck wrote:
I'll see your Aldi chocolate and raise you Marabou

Wow. Looks good. Where do you buy it from? I can see only Ocado and Amazon.

big_D wrote:
Cadbury's must really have gone down hill. Aldi is about the worst chocolate you can get over here, Milka is marginally worse. The other store brands (Lidl and supermarket own brands) are about the same quality as Aldi.

Y'know, I used to prefer Cadbury's to Lindt. I used to find Lindt too creamy and not chocolatey enough in comparison. Then, when it got taken over by Kraft and Mondelez, they had obviously changed the recipe and the production methods. Nestle chocolate used to be rubbish but Cadbury's has fallen down so far, I've even preferred Nestle on occasion.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:53 am
What's a life?

Ikea. (our local one sells it in the small food shop at the end why we get teh meatballs).

I buy it on oil rigs. All offshore oil rig bonds sell Marabou.
Unfortuntely the rig I'm on at the moment only has a very small bond, so they only sell plain and nut Marabou. The last rig I worked on had loads of types to choose from.
I strongly recommend the orange one.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:51 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:06 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

The police here had an action day yesterday. They were stopping people with mobile phones in the hand.

Over 50,000 people were stopped and over 3,500 people became fines of 100€ and a point in Flensberg (a point on the license, we have a maximum of 8).

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:00 pm
Profile ICQ
I haven't seen my friends in so long

big_D wrote:
The police here had an action day yesterday. They were stopping people with mobile phones in the hand.

Over 50,000 people were stopped and over 3,500 people became fines of 100€ and a point in Flensberg (a point on the license, we have a maximum of 8).

When I read the 1st line I thought it was people walking were being stopped - and then realised it was people driving :D

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:25 am
What's a life?

hifidelity2 wrote:
When I read the 1st line I thought it was people walking were being stopped

Me too. I was about to post the same. Then I thought I'd just out myself as an idiot so didn't bother.

Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4975 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 324, 325, 326, 327, 328, 329, 330 ... 332  Next