Reply to topic  [ 7547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 492, 493, 494, 495, 496, 497, 498 ... 504  Next
What's on your mind right now? 
Official forum cat lady

hifidelity2 wrote:
oceanicitl wrote:
Date night tonight. It's the first time I've had a request to bring a home made shepherds pie. But whatever - he's worth it :D

;) is "home made shepherds pie" the new term for Netflix and Chill - its so hard to keep up with the "yuf" these days

No it was literally eating a home made meal together and having a couple of glasses of wine. You know... like a date

However what happened the following night cannot be repeated in polite company.

Yuf? You know I'm 50 right?

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:18 pm
Doesn't have much of a life

oceanicitl wrote:
However what happened the following night cannot be repeated in polite company.

Pudding?
:lol:

* Witty statement goes here *

Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:53 pm
What's a life?

My brother broke off contact with me in 2011. I still send him an SMS on his birthday and for New Year...

A few weeks ago, a woman claiming to be his wife (he wasn't married when I last spoke to him) contacted me. It turns out he did remarry. He had disappeared and after a few days, he resurfaced.

Now, I got an email from her at about 3 this morning (luckily I leave my phone downstairs, so I first saw the email when I got up at 5:30). I called her as soon as I could.

It seems he has sent her and his solicitor a suicide note and the police and coastguard had been looking for him yesterday evening, scouring the coast and waterways west of Manchester. They have found his car. But it got too dark, so they had to pause the search. They will be (I assume have) restarted the search this morning.

I am still in shock at the moment, not sure what to believe or what is going on.

I just hope they find him in time and he gets some help!

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:59 am
Profile ICQ
Official forum cat lady

big_D wrote:
My brother broke off contact with me in 2011. I still send him an SMS on his birthday and for New Year...

A few weeks ago, a woman claiming to be his wife (he wasn't married when I last spoke to him) contacted me. It turns out he did remarry. He had disappeared and after a few days, he resurfaced.

Now, I got an email from her at about 3 this morning (luckily I leave my phone downstairs, so I first saw the email when I got up at 5:30). I called her as soon as I could.

It seems he has sent her and his solicitor a suicide note and the police and coastguard had been looking for him yesterday evening, scouring the coast and waterways west of Manchester. They have found his car. But it got too dark, so they had to pause the search. They will be (I assume have) restarted the search this morning.

I am still in shock at the moment, not sure what to believe or what is going on.

I just hope they find him in time and he gets some help!

Sorry to hear that D. Keep us posted. Sending positive thoughts

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:30 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

oceanicitl wrote:

Yuf? You know I'm 50 right?

a mear whipersnapper

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:10 am
What's a life?

Just heard from his wife. The police found him at the bottom of a cliff, he had jumped.

He is was concious and is being flown to hospital...

Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:14 am
Profile ICQ

That’s terrible, I hope he recovers and gets the help that he so obviously needs. I hope he lets you back in his life... if that’s what he and you want of course.

Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:54 pm
What's a life?

big_D wrote:
Just heard from his wife. The police found him at the bottom of a cliff, he had jumped.

He is was concious and is being flown to hospital...

Yikes. That's horrible to hear a close relative going missing, and then finding out they had attempted suicide. Really crap. I hope he makes a good recovery, both physically and mentally.

FWIW I've worked in psychiatry. Men are notorious for hiding their depressive symptoms, and when they attempt something, it's much more likely to succeed. I remember one guy who had tried to hang himself in the loft of his house. He had weighed down the loft hatch with some weights and had a noose around his neck. His wife somehow managed to force the hatch open and had to wrestle the noose away. The worst part? I felt he was too unsafe to be left at home and needed a psychiatric admission. I spoke to the consultant. There were no available beds in the country so there was nowhere to keep him safe. I ended up having to tell the wife to keep an eye on her husband and the day time would pick things up. Psychiatric services in the UK are rubbish and (at least locally) there have been restructuring which makes it difficult to be seen by a psychiatric doctor, and services are cut to the bone.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:49 am
What's a life?

I'm still waiting to hear any more information.

Both his wife and ex-wife called the hospital yesterday and neither could get any information out of them, other than he was in theater and bein operated on.

Edit: I've been wondering, could the reason they are not getting information be GDPR? Or could he have told the doctors, that he doesn't want anyone to be informed?

Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:06 am
Profile ICQ
Official forum cat lady

big_D wrote:
I'm still waiting to hear any more information.

Both his wife and ex-wife called the hospital yesterday and neither could get any information out of them, other than he was in theater and bein operated on.

Edit: I've been wondering, could the reason they are not getting information be GDPR? Or could he have told the doctors, that he doesn't want anyone to be informed?

You're family. You should be able to get information

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:56 pm
What's a life?

Next of kin normally should be informed. Other family members probably not.

It may be it's just too early to tell what's happening at this stage. It'd be easier to go down in person and visit. GDPR doesn't apply (I think) but patient confidentiality would and if a patient doesn't want any information to be passed on to the next of kin or family, you have to respect their wishes (provided they have capacity to make decisions).

Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:21 pm
What's a life?

So, his ex-wife finally got some information. It seems like he didn't jump, he was just found at the bottom of a cliff and it was assumed he jumped... :?

So his injuries aren't as bad as we feared, although we still don't know what happened or what the extent of his injuries are.

Very confusing, sitting here and getting everything second hand.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:30 am
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

I guess no one really knows what happened. But it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that if he was feeling suicidal, left a note, and was found at the bottom of the cliff, that he had jumped.

Hopefully he makes a full recovery. Both physically and mentally.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:49 am

The boss has booked us all into a team building day at an “Urban Activity Centre” today. Complete with rope ladders, climbing wall, trapeze and a zip wire.

Considering I’m 44, overweight with a dodgy knee and a chronic fear of heights, to say I’m not looking forward to this would be an understatement.
:o :shock:

Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:51 am
Official forum cat lady

steve74 wrote:
The boss has booked us all into a team building day at an “Urban Activity Centre” today. Complete with rope ladders, climbing wall, trapeze and a zip wire.

Considering I’m 44, overweight with a dodgy knee and a chronic fear of heights, to say I’m not looking forward to this would be an understatement.
:o :shock:

We did one of those bonding days. One of the tasks was to drive a landrover around a course blind folded. Guess who was chosen to drive first?

What fun!

Good luck

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 7547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 492, 493, 494, 495, 496, 497, 498 ... 504  Next