Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Elite: Dangerous gets Docking & Ship Outfitting video 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Tried a bit of powerplay but got bored. Decided to take a trip to Empire space to get some rep as I fancy a go in a Clipper. Sold my Vulture and Diamondback and am running goods in a T7. Current assets are 50mil but I'm still only a Serf so no Clipper for me yet.

Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:43 am
Profile WWW

I still haven't bought this game, mainly because it sounds like a serious life-sink.

"just 5 more minutes, love... what do you mean 3am?!"

Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:37 pm

It is a little bit but I find I can leave it for a while and come back to it. I'm happy with steady progression rather than pulling all nighters trying to grind enough for the latest ship.

My problem with the game is staying motivated. I find I get bored after a while.

Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:57 pm
Profile WWW

Since I broke my elbow (and so unable to use the joystick) I have not gone back to it - must find some time one evening to have a play

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:13 am

Available for a bargain price currently

https://www.frontierstore.net/games/elite-dangerous-cat/elite-dangerous.html

Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:46 am
Profile WWW

Can someone explain why you'd buy (with real money IRL) paint schemes for your ship?

Surely you can design the colour scheme of your own ship in detail?

Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:25 pm

You can have the look it comes with or buy a paint job. There aren't any customisation options I'm aware of.

Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:41 pm
Profile WWW

veato wrote:
You can have the look it comes with or buy a paint job. There aren't any customisation options I'm aware of.

So you have to pay if you want a different colour?

Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:05 pm

Yes. Although in normal gameplay you wouldn't normally see the outside of your own ship so there's arguably very little point in doing so.

Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

veato wrote:
Yes. Although in normal gameplay you wouldn't normally see the outside of your own ship so there's arguably very little point in doing so.

I Horizons you will. You’ll be landing your ship on a planet and buzzing around like a Stig on a Quad Bike.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:41 pm

Well a bit of the thread resurrection

Played this the other night for the 1st time in ages – probably like 9 months – well with having the house done, then summer(I play a lot less in the summer)

There have been a lot of changes just to the basic game in terms of improved graphics, sound etc
However almost died as have forgotten the bindings to my joystick so had real problems in doing stuff that was almost second nature

I think I will have to cruise around the space station and practise until it becomes second nature again and read up on the new kit you can buy

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:11 am

I went back recently, forgot everything, spent all my money and traded my ships for a fully kittted out top spec Asp and promptly died. Restarted with a Sidewinder light years from where I was with nothing. :( I'd give anyting to have my kick ass Vulture back :cry: Even my big transporter.

I played for a day or two, worked my way back up to a reasonbly specced Eagle to do some bounty/res point hunting but found it difficult. Either the Eagle is worse than I thought, I'm worse than I was, or the game has rebalanced combat. Either way I did pretty poorly and I haven't been back since.

I might try again when I get time or/if the season pass has a sale as I'd like to try planetary landings.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:06 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

I’ve not played for probably a year now. I think I started to lose heart about it when they dropped Mac support when Horizons came out.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:51 pm

veato wrote:
I went back recently, forgot everything, spent all my money and traded my ships for a fully kittted out top spec Asp and promptly died. Restarted with a Sidewinder light years from where I was with nothing. :( I'd give anyting to have my kick ass Vulture back :cry: Even my big transporter.

I might try again when I get time or/if the season pass has a sale as I'd like to try planetary landings.

I have a reasonably spec'd Asp - thankfully I was in Solo mode - but still was down to 30% hull by the time I managed to get away - problem was of course that once to start to get flustered in the fight and not 100% sure of the key bindings it all goes down hill!!

Anyway will play around near the space station until at least I get comfortable with being able to runaway quickly!

Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11