Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next
Games you've played recently 
Legend

With both a Lovefilm and Blockbuster account on the go (you know me :lol: ), I've played a lot of games recently:

Splatterhouse - a lot of work's gone into the incidentals, it's just a pity nothing went into the combat controls, and getting a loading screen every time you die (which is once every 5 minutes) in 2012?!

Goldeneye (remake) - Old skool fun, currently playing it. It's really a glossed-up PS2 game in every way but it's well-paced.

Far Cry 2 - Great ideas and well presented, it's just so fiddly you won't be arsed playing for any amount of time.

Prototype 2 - you just repeat the same missions over and over again, though fine as a rental if you just want something dumb to play.

Castlevania - GREAT game, so why did they spoil it with button presses that need to be EXACT and a loading screen every time you die? :cry:

There's loads more, but what have you been playing? :)

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:12 pm
Legend

The entire God of War series - it's been pretty much the same game five times over, but some of the puzzles and scenery are just fantastic 8-)

Binary Domain - everything about this game is just painful.

Captain America - decent enough, however I got to a boss that had the same problem as Castlevania above and just gave up, that [LIFTED]'s not fun :roll:

Devil May Cry HD trilogy - Trying to pull off juggling combos with PS2 controls? No thanks.

The Darkness 2 - Recommended, this game does just about everything well :D

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition - Fighting the way it used to be, without the six people on screen/9000 hit combos OCD requirement :twisted:

Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:12 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

u dont have steam? :x

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:15 pm
Legend

brataccas wrote:
u dont have steam? :x

Got a rubbish laptop in that sense.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:24 pm

My most recent games are, in no particular order...

Fez: an awesome indie title that I heard about years ago. You play a character living in a 2D world until one day he is given the ability to see in 3 dimensions. It plays as a 2d platformer but you can rotate the entire world through 90degrees at a time.

Bastion: another XBLA game. You explore the world trying to put it back together after an apocalyptic event.

Braid: an old indie game that I decided to have another go with. Until I realised I had done something that couldn't be undone and meant I couldn't collect all the stars I wanted to get so I stopped playing.

Minecraft: well... it's Minecraft.

JJW009 wrote:
The count will go up until they stop counting. That's the way counting works.

Doodle Sub!
Game Of Life

Image Image

Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:46 am
Profile WWW

I think fogmeister should use steam and look out for the indie bundles, they used to cost 1p minimum, some are just a $ and u get a pack of games for just that single price, saving u paying the full proper steam price as the codes work on steam

Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:59 am

Fogmeister wrote:
Bastion: another XBLA game. You explore the world trying to put it back together after an apocalyptic event.

I bought that recently as part of a 'Humble Bundle' - but haven't gotten round to it yet.

Currently replaying Mass Effect 2 to build a character for ME3

Picked up Dead Space 2 for £4 last week - so that'll be next

Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:13 am
What's a life?

Was playing Diablo III but to be honest I've got a bit bored with it. I'm also considering going back to ME2 to complete it so I can move the same character over to ME3. Also have Kingdoms of Amalur to finish come to think of it...

Jon

Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:37 am

I haven't played anything with the house move making a meal of any spare time I have but the most recent would be:

Battlefield 3 (360)
Bastion (Mac)

Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
Legend

veato wrote:
I haven't played anything with the house move making a meal of any spare time I have but the most recent would be:

Battlefield 3 (360)
Bastion (Mac)

Forgot about BF3, and no wonder. It's a stunning game in every sense bar the mechanics of actually shooting! Every gun just felt the same, from a belt-fed monster to an assault rifle. Same effect on the enemy too :roll: :?

And I don't know how many times my own squad mates trapped me in the scenery! I'm amazed they even bothered with the SP campaign, half an hour was enough for me :evil:

Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:25 pm
Legend

Forgot about Harley's Revenge or whatever it's called (Batman Arkham City DLC), it's not even worth £6.50. It'll last you about two hours at most and adds next to nothing to the story. It's also loaded with the sort of laziness that sees you spending 15 minutes stealthily taking down goons (seriously) only for more to appear. Guess what? That thing you've been doing the whole game? Not applicable in this section...

I'll have to seriously consider the next Batman game after the utter BS with this and the Catwoman DLC - it's part of the game and always was, but they make you download it with a code or buy a pass as their retarded way of screwing over the second-hand market. Never mind that people pre-ordered and then spent over an hour downloading part of their game off sh1tty PSN. [LIFTED].

Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:39 pm

BF3, civ 5 and a few facebook games on the PC
Tower defence and CS portable (counterstrike on your phone FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Im mean on your muthfreaking phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) on the SG3

Amnesia10 wrote:
Yes but the opportunity to legally kill someone with a giant dildo does not happen every day.

Finally joined Flickr

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:40 am

Just bought Portal 2 on the steam sale (£3.74) so will - SWMBO willing - be playing that for the next few weeks

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:11 pm
What's a life?

Portal 2 is aces. The ending is possibly the best thing I've seen in a game since.. well , the ending of Portal 1 actually.

Borderlands is also v. cheap at the mo - if you can get some mates together it is THE best online co-op shooter around.

Jon

Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Put 8 hours straight into Civ5 yesterday and had a blast on Skyrim today. I've got man-flu so nothing better to do!

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:31 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 462 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next