Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Apple kills off iPod nano and shuffle 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Apple to discontinue iPod nano and shuffle

Quote:
They were the company's last two music players without the ability to run streaming service Apple Music and hadn't been upgraded for ages.
The move is part what's been described as a "simplification" of the iPod range to leave just the Touch model.

Quote:
Nanos and shuffles have already been removed from Apple's online store and will soon be made unavailable for purchase from physical stores as well.

More here.

Not impressed. The shuffle was great for portability and relatively cheap compared to larger models in the range. The Touch starts at £179.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:25 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

I saw this news last night as I went to the Apple site to show my daughter some iPods (I've just given her my Shuffle to listen to audio books). It almost guarantees that the next audio player I buy won't be an Apple. Yes, I know I can just use my phone but the Shuffle with it's clip and tiny size was great for the gym and even better as a simple device for my kids.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

You have to suspect it's because there are now so few dedicated music players being sold. At least for Apple, who at the scale they now do things would consider a waste of time something someone else might consider decent business. There is also the issue that they just don't break so there's no 'churn' in existing owners once you stop updating them in a significant way.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:34 am
Legend

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00VXM ... eva_mobile

I have a much earlier version of that still going strong (has a scroll wheel). The card slot is the business; bored with your tunes? Stick in a fully loaded £5 card! Immense battery life too.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]