What's a life?

Prices are up

32GB wifi - £679
128GB wifi - £799
128GB 4G - £899

Smart keyboard case - £139
Apple pencil - £79

Hmm.

Gruber's got an early review of course. His opinion is his own, but I find this segment surpsising..

Quote:
The iPad Pro is without question faster than the new one-port MacBook or the latest MacBook Airs. I’ve looked at several of my favorite benchmarks — Geekbench 3, Mozilla’s Kraken, and Google’s Octane 2 — and the iPad Pro is a race car. It’s only a hair slower than my year-old 13-inch MacBook Pro in single-core measurements. Graphics-wise, testing with GFXBench, it blows my MacBook Pro away. A one-year-old maxed-out MacBook Pro, rivaled by an iPad in performance benchmarks. Just think about that. According to Geekbench’s online results, the iPad Pro is faster in single-core testing than Microsoft’s new Surface Pro 4 with a Core-i5 processor. The Core-i7 version of the Surface Pro 4 isn’t shipping until December — that model will almost certainly test faster than the iPad Pro. But that’s a $1599 machine with an Intel x86 CPU.

It seems to me that, if not already, there will very soon be no effective difference at all in terms of computing power between tablets and commodity laptops. His section on 'using the ipad pro plus keyboard as a laptop' is also interesting, but too big to quote here.

Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]