Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
iOS App Stores 
What's a life?

We provide apps for our customers. These are "private" apps, they aren't for general consumption - they are custom written for the customer.

The customers are often small and don't have a coporate iTunes Store (that costs $300 a year). The cost of the corporate store for 1 app for 1 iPad doesn't make sense.

Officially we can't run a corporate store and add customer iPads to "our" business.

Is there another way around this?

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:07 am
Profile ICQ
Doesn't have much of a life

Can you jailbreak the iPads to install what you want?

* Witty statement goes here *

Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:20 pm
What's a life?

Not really, we are talking about slaughter houses with no IT staff and he user is a stall boy who still has a Nokia dumb phone...

Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:37 am
Profile ICQ
Site Admin

Your company buys the iPads then rents them to the customer with the app so they can be loaded from your corporate account?

I've only ever done it with a chicken so far, but if required I wouldn't have any problems doing it with other animals at all.

Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:28 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

saspro wrote:
Your company buys the iPads then rents them to the customer with the app so they can be loaded from your corporate account?

I also thought about that as a possibility... At the moment, they buy an iPad and pay us for the module for their ERP system (which includes the App). Given that the iPad is used in the pig sty at a slaughter house (it is in a Griffin IP67 and shock resistant case), renting might work out expensive. ;)

Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:35 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]