Filter 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
Cafetier 22%  22%  [ 5 ]
Other(give us a clue) 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
Hate the stuff 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Inevitable Pie choice. Hmm Coffee pie, now there's a thought 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 23

Coffee machines. 
Doesn't have much of a life

I have a feeling some/many here will be coffee addicts. Some coffee haters/unable to drink it too.

Favourite coffee production method? And anyone tried one of the new bean to cup machines for home use? This is in gadgets as I would like some info on these!

Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:24 am

At home I drink instant - usual Kenco.

At work it's a mixture of instant and illy (as we are UK distributors) using an X7 coffee machine.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:07 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

All of the above? I drink too much coffee.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:10 pm
Legend

Just as an anecdotal aside, I very rarely see anyone drinking tea these days whether out and about or in the office or whatever. Except my house, though I don't really drink either.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:58 pm

Mainly instant coffee. The cheapest, nastiest brand at work (because they're tight!) But something better at home, one of the barista wholebean instants (Kenco Millicano at the moment) whichever one's on offer, as they aren't cheap. I do like a proper ground coffee but don't have the time on a morning and then there's the mess of filters and washing the cafetière out. The wholebean instants are a compromise but not too far away from the real thing.

We're moving offices soon at work and part of the office plans I've sketched out has an area with a coffee machine - we'll see if that ever becomes a reality! I suspect not :-(

I'd like to hear if anyone's using one of those coffee machines with the pods that you put in - are they any good? What are the prices like for the capsules? I'm always cautious about buying into hardware that means you're tied into the consumables - with my luck I'll buy one the week they stop making the refills meaning you're left with an obsolete machine.

* Witty statement goes here *

Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:22 pm

steve74 wrote:
I'd like to hear if anyone's using one of those coffee machines with the pods that you put in - are they any good? What are the prices like for the capsules? I'm always cautious about buying into hardware that means you're tied into the consumables - with my luck I'll buy one the week they stop making the refills meaning you're left with an obsolete machine.

The illy X7 I use at work uses pods - dead easy machine to use.

Hope it's ok to do a link - but have a look here http://www.espressocrazy.com/ as thats our coffee website

Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:46 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

pcernie wrote:
Just as an anecdotal aside, I very rarely see anyone drinking tea these days whether out and about or in the office or whatever. Except my house, though I don't really drink either.

Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon. Plus it's pretty much impossible to tell what people are drinking on the move as all the major high street vendors serve everything in the same paper cups...

Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:09 pm
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Coffee. Smells lovely, tastes vile.

My wife has Nescafe Azera at home and Costa when she's out.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:21 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Now where did I see that article on how at least one coffee machine manufacturer had tried to DRM their coffee pots so other brands wouldn't ever work?

* Heads off to google *

EDIT

Found it CLICKY

Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
Legend

The slightly fussy types in work love their Kenco pod machine, I know that much.

jonbwfc wrote:
pcernie wrote:

Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon. Plus it's pretty much impossible to tell what people are drinking on the move as all the major high street vendors serve everything in the same paper cups...

We've got a bit of an old-skool cafe culture over here, so we've a load of 'The Streat' outlets inside and outside of Belfast Sh1tty Centre. We're not as massively into Costa and Starbucks etc as the mainland, though they're obviously encroaching.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:52 pm
What's a life?

Stove top.
Yum.

Charlie Brooker wrote:
Windows works for me. But I'd never recommend it to anybody else, ever.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:08 pm

Tea. Coffee makes me ill.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:37 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

I drink Dalmayr coffee at home through a filter coffee maker. I used to have an espresso cafetiera, the one you put on the stove, with espresso coffee sent to me by a friend in Italy - last time I visited him, I came back with about 10Kg in the back of the car. But we now have an induction hob and the aluminium cafetiera doesn't work.

At work we used to use a large filter machine with cheap Aldi coffee, drinkable, but not good. They switched to a Dallmayr coffee automat, with Dallmayr coffee beans, so much better.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:11 am
Profile ICQ
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Those Tassimo/ Dolce Gusto type machines are complete boll0cks - you can achieve the same results blending different instant coffee brands for a fraction of the cost.

I mainly drink instant, if anything - more than a cup or two a day gives me headaches - but if I want a treat, I'll break out the cafetiere.

Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:30 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Basic coffee machine with either Jacobs Kronung or Taylor's half-caff, depending on how fragile I feel

Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next