Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
iPad help for PC user 
What's a life?

hifidelity2 wrote:
okenobi wrote:
Every solution above (and others I encountered) required some sort of wifi component.

Finally last night, I bit the bullet and installed iTunes (gah!). Found a program called iFunbox for windows which uses the iTunes drivers but allows me to drag n drop movies onto the iPad. However, due to the gay way that Apple won't handle DTS on mkvs, I have to convert my mkvs in Handbrake before OPlayer HD Lite on the iPad, will play them.

Massive time suck, but the HD quality in bed with bluetooth speaker is nice!

which is why I have an Android Tablet - Find file, drag and drop, play

And that is why I use a Windows tablet, no converting or copying, just unplug it from the desktop docking station and use it as a tablet in bed.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:21 am
Profile ICQ
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Which is why I have a Mac. No need to plug, unplug, drag or drop. If I have it in one place I have it in all places.

JJW009 wrote:
The count will go up until they stop counting. That's the way counting works.

Doodle Sub!
Game Of Life

Image Image

Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:26 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Fogmeister wrote:
Which is why I have a Mac. No need to plug, unplug, drag or drop. If I have it in one place I have it in all places.

The same as a Windows tablet, unplug yout Mac from your Thunderbolt display when you leave, plug it back in when you get back... That is what I meant, not that it is plugged into another computer.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:06 pm
Profile ICQ
Spends far too much time on here

You can all argue platforms all you want. You still need a router and a fast wifi/wired network.

All this cloud bollocks is annoying. I want to be able to move my data where I want it and USB is most obvious way to do it when you're without a network.

Maybe I'm just old.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:37 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

okenobi wrote:
You can all argue platforms all you want. You still need a router and a fast wifi/wired network.

All this cloud bollocks is annoying. I want to be able to move my data where I want it and USB is most obvious way to do it when you're without a network.

Maybe I'm just old.

Maybe you are, but it's still true. In the olden days, it was floppy disk, then CD and now it's USB. I know that CD is not "normally" re-writeable, but it's still moving data, and it's a lot more convenient than using the cloud.

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:26 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2