Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Samsung AllShare 
What's a life?

We have a Samsung smart TV in the office and we are streaming a video (of a PowerPoint) to it for an open day later this week.

The video was generated by exporting from PowerPoint as MP4. All fine. I can play the video locally.

I installed Samsung AllShare on the PC and connected to the TV and it plays the video fine... The first time through. I have it on repeat. Every time it repeats, the screen displays "audio file not supported" (translated from German). The video is the only thing on the PC, in the folder and it is the only thing that has been shared, so there is no "audio" file that is can be having problems with!!!

The error message is only displayed for about 10 seconds on the TV, but it is still not very professional.

Does anyone have any experience with Samsung and AllShare?

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:07 pm
Profile ICQ
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Works fine for me but then again that's using a Samsung phone and TV.

Amnesia10 wrote:
Yes but the opportunity to legally kill someone with a giant dildo does not happen every day.

Finally joined Flickr

Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:38 pm
What's a life?

Still don't know what the cause of the problem was, but I have solved it by recoding the video in WMV format.

The PowerPoint video doesn't have a soundtrack and with the default MP4 coding the TV was complaining that the audio file (audio track?) wasn't supported, so I'm guessing that there was something iffy in the coding of the MP4 without sound that the TV didn't like (and the PC doesn't complain about - possibly a more robust codec, as it has more memory and processing power...

Anyway the transcoded to WMV version works fine.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:30 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]