Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Dipping the toe in - Swift, Xcode, adaptive layouts 
What's a life?

More stuff done. On the aesthetic side, I have some rather nicely meshing cogs that rotate in the background of a clock face I’m testing things on.

On a code fron,t I’ve stopped using the second hand animation as the governor. I was getting animation upon animation upon animation for some reason. It didn’t make sense, and I thought that this could be storing problems for the future.

So after some blind alleys, I found a dispatchafter which lets you call a block of code after a set period of time. So I’ve now got a delay that sets the hour and minute hand every decimal minute, and then calls itself. That way, the time keeping and second hands are independent of each other. I expect that this is a better way of doing things than before.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:05 pm
What's a life?

Another one I’m working on:
ImageClick for large view - Uploaded with Skitch

This one is making me make the second hand more clever. It can rotate 360 degrees, but I’ve made it so that I can set a start and end rotation (in degrees), and a duration (just n case I want to really mess with someone’s mind and have the second hand rotate twice every “minute” for example).

The above picture shows what I mean. The second hand is the red line to the left. It will take the correct amount of time to rotate through the aperture, after which time it will return to the start position and begin again.

The other hands will change - this is just a test to see what I can do.

I’m also learning more about what I can do with Affinity Designer - the app I am using to build these faces. You can get it to spit out x1, x2 and x3 images based on “slices” you set up. Ideally, I can see that I’d need an iPad and an iPhone design - to allow for minor adjustments according to size, but I like the idea that it will just create a pile of images without me having to do too much monkeying around.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:48 pm
What's a life?

We all forgot - Metropolis has a metric clock. May have to do a homage to that one too. Image

Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:50 pm
What's a life?

It’s been a while - I’ve not looked at this for ages, but I decided I need to continue.

So I made the selector a little nicer - this now looks consistent on an iPad and an iPhone. Basically, I found out how to make the selector change the size of cells!

And, yes, those clocks all run!

Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6