Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Remote app on iPhone & AppleTV 

'lo childs,

The Remote app on my phone won't pick up my AppleTV, and it is making me sad. (8+(

I have done a hard reset on the phone (which seems to be the online answer to this issue with other people) but it hasn't resolved the issue for me.
I have restarted the AppleTV, Home Sharing is on and working fine as the Remote app on the iPad picks up the device without any issue.
I am using iOS8 on an iPhone 6.
The AppleTV software is fully up-to-date and the version of the App is the latest.

I can't think what else to do as troubleshooting methods, so I'm hoping someone here can help.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:32 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

You might want to check your network settings, most likely the DHCP settings for your wifi network. Bonjour really hates two endpoints being on different subnets. So if say your wired network is 192.168.0.* and your wifi network is 192.168.1.*, Bonjour can play up an awful lot. especially if your subnet mask is set to 255.255.255.0. This is assuming both of them aren't on wifi of course.

It could also be Apple's servers being glitchy - I believe Home Sharing requires some data to be exchanged with the servers and if they're not playing, it doesn't work.

Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:06 pm

jonbwfc wrote:
Bonjour really hates two endpoints being on different subnets. So if say your wired network is 192.168.0.* and your wifi network is 192.168.1.*, Bonjour can play up an awful lot. especially if your subnet mask is set to 255.255.255.0. This is assuming both of them aren't on wifi of course.
My iPad, iPhone and AppleTV are all on Subnet Mask of 255.255.255.0.
The iPad picks up the AppleTV and the iPhone doesn't.
Any other things I can check/try to get this working?

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:35 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

You could do a quick google for 'bonjour browser' or similar on the app store. Have a look what results you get on both the ipad and the iphone?

Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:48 pm
Has a life

for safe usage of apps you can consider Apple TV VPN to stay away from hackers and to be more safe.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]