Reply to topic  [ 2233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149  Next
The Response to FPOTD thread 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

rustybucket wrote:
Evenin' all - been a while.

Am off work due to stress so I thought I'd pop by

Sorry to hear that, rusty. The way things are going at my place, I might be doing the same... very soon!

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:14 pm
Profile WWW

I might not have a job to be off with soon

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:37 am

hifidelity2 wrote:

Hmm 20% is a pretty severe reduction. Hope you keep your job (if that's what you actually want).

Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:04 am
What's a life?

davrosG5 wrote:
Morning all.

The boss is away at the Health and Safety Labs in Buxton for training today and tomorrow so that's nice.

I'm so hoping that's a Portal-seque euphemism for a collection of rooms filled with fiendish and brutal traps.

Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:13 am

jonbwfc wrote:
davrosG5 wrote:
Morning all.

The boss is away at the Health and Safety Labs in Buxton for training today and tomorrow so that's nice.

I'm so hoping that's a Portal-seque euphemism for a collection of rooms filled with fiendish and brutal traps.

Unfortunately he's only there today (I should really check his calendar more often).

Well, I've been there for a two day course before and I made it out alive :D
Just getting there can be a challenge at this time of year. It's not actually in Buxton but up a rather steep hill in the middle of nowhere (which is a very useful feature when you do explosives testing).
I'm not making this sound any better am I :lol:

Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:48 am

davrosG5 wrote:
hifidelity2 wrote:

Hmm 20% is a pretty severe reduction. Hope you keep your job (if that's what you actually want).

Would like to keep the job if possible

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:01 am
What's a life?

davrosG5 wrote:
Morning all.
So Valentines day, or the reason trying to do the weekly shopping last night was total nightmare.
Anywho, have a great day folks.

You should have tried it this evening. It was grimly hilarious. Men walking round with bouquets of roses and a desperate, haunted look in their eyes. Women staring at the 'Valentine's Day isle' with plainly no clue at all what they were going to do, because the entire contents was aimed entirely at men buying presents for women...

I'm single at the mo so I can observe the whole thing with a vaguely dispassionate eye, but even in my last relationship (which lasted almost a decade) we never indulged in this farce of passive emotional blackmail. She was far too matter of fact and I'm just a naturally contrary bastard anyway.

If your loved one loves you, they do. They don't need to prove it, and especially don't on a day anointed by purely commercial interests as being the day for doing so.

Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:15 pm

jonbwfc wrote:
davrosG5 wrote:
Morning all.
So Valentines day, or the reason trying to do the weekly shopping last night was total nightmare.

You should have tried it this evening. It was grimly hilarious. Men walking round with bouquets of roses and a desperate, haunted look in their eyes. Women staring at the 'Valentine's Day isle' with plainly no clue at all what they were going to do, because the entire contents was aimed entirely at men buying presents for women...

I'm single at the mo so I can observe the whole thing with a vaguely dispassionate eye, but even in my last relationship (which lasted almost a decade) we never indulged in this farce of passive emotional blackmail. She was far too matter of fact and I'm just a naturally contrary bastard anyway.

If your loved one loves you, they do. They don't need to prove it, and especially don't on a day anointed by purely commercial interests as being the day for doing so.

We do a card each and then get some ready(ish) meals so minimal cooking and open a bottle of bubbly

Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:28 am
Official forum cat lady

jonbwfc wrote:
davrosG5 wrote:
Morning all.

There's nothing wrong with a card and a box of chocolates or similar on the 14th. I'm actually going out with my other half on 16th this year but that's only because I bought a restaurant deal back in December and the restaurant is under my office :lol:

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:34 am
What's a life?

oceanicitl wrote:
There's nothing wrong with a card and a box of chocolates or similar on the 14th. I'm actually going out with my other half on 16th this year but that's only because I bought a restaurant deal back in December and the restaurant is under my office :lol:

Romance AND convenience :D.

I'm not against people being romantic. I just think if they only bother to do it on the 14th (and only even bother figuring out what to do at 5PM on the 14th) because they feel obliged to makes the whole thing pointless.

Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:44 am
Official forum cat lady

jonbwfc wrote:
oceanicitl wrote:

Romance AND convenience :D.

I'm not against people being romantic. I just think if they only bother to do it on the 14th (and only even bother figuring out what to do at 5PM on the 14th) because they feel obliged to makes the whole thing pointless.

Romance? I was home alone watching Suits and eating chocolate the bloke brought me lol.

I know what you mean though.

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:50 pm
Official forum cat lady

davrosG5 wrote:
So, did we all survive the tender mercies of storm Doris yesterday? She certainly made driving more interesting than usual.

So, Friday at last and it even looks like it's going to be a nice day.

Have a good one folks.

I had to get a cab home from Tottenham and at 7.30pm I was up a ladder bringing down 2 scaffolding planks from the garage roof as they had become dislodged. There were some plant pots scattered over the garden but couldn't see any other damage apart from that. I'll have a proper look in daylight tomorrow.

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:54 am

oceanicitl wrote:
So, did we all survive the tender mercies of storm Doris yesterday? She certainly made driving more interesting than usual.

So, Friday at last and it even looks like it's going to be a nice day.

Have a good one folks.

A few tree branches on the road and a load of bins but do damage to the house

Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:29 am
What's a life?

The staff lounge where I have lunch most days has floor to ceiling windows down one side which look out onto a 'quad' that you'd assume was fairly sheltered. Nevertheless Doris picked up a plastic litter bin and slammed it against the glass - with some force - right next to where we were sitting. We moved pretty sharpish.

Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:18 am

John_Vella wrote:
Morning all,

Have you ever sat down at your desk, looked at the monitor and thought "I don't want to do this any more"?

That was me this morning. Which is why I have just placed my letter of resignation on the bosses desk.

Guess I'd better spend the weekend thinking about what I'm going to do next!

Have a great day, everyone.

:)

:shock:

Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 2233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149  Next