Reply to topic  [ 2233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 149  Next
The Response to FPOTD thread 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

BishBashBosh! wrote:
P.S. Someone make this bloody thread sticky so I don't get teased by the juicy threads.

Nooooo! Don't do it! You could look upon this as being some sort of commitment test. If the first thing is you when you log onto the forum in the morning is anything other than find the FPOTD thread then you don't deserve to post there!

:shock: ;) :lol: :roll: 8-)

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Tue May 12, 2009 7:25 am
Profile WWW
Spends far too much time on here

John_Vella wrote:
BishBashBosh! wrote:
P.S. Someone make this bloody thread sticky so I don't get teased by the juicy threads.

Nooooo! Don't do it! You could look upon this as being some sort of commitment test. If the first thing is you when you log onto the forum in the morning is anything other than find the FPOTD thread then you don't deserve to post there!

:shock: ;) :lol: :roll: 8-)

Don't worry Vella, it's not going to happen. ;)

(That's right, back to stalking you 8-) )

Tue May 12, 2009 7:38 am
Profile WWW
Doesn't have much of a life

Talk about having a nice clean forums. But you have 50 pages of junk, so called the 5 word story.

Yet seem to make it a rule that "Please make sure that your post in here is your first of the day - Blue"

Yet, don't want to make it sticky? Sense in that? Anyone?

Tue May 12, 2009 7:42 am

HeatherKay wrote:
There is a growing consensus this thread should be stickied. I think that's a good idea, but I would like one or two of the current stickies to be reconsidered for unstickiedom before we make this one stuck. Any more than four sticky threads makes things messy, I find.

I agree, and there's a couple of stickies that will be removed in due course, however I'm still not sure the FPOTD thread should be stickied.

I've got my reasons, but if the general consensus is that it should be stickied then so be it.

Tue May 12, 2009 7:47 am
Profile WWW

bish wrote:
Yet, don't want to make it sticky? Sense in that? Anyone?

I can see your point, but I agree with the others.

The thread has always been "loose", and like JV said it shows a level of commitment that you might have to retrieve it from page three or whatever to make your first post of the day. I'm happy for it to remain so. I don't like lots of sticky threads, and if FPOTD was stickied, it would be lost to many posters who never bother to look at stickies. :)

Tue May 12, 2009 7:49 am

bish, in the FPOTD thread (so I moved it) wrote:
HeatherKay wrote:
Morning.

Not much else to say. The sky was uniformly grey today, so I can't even wax lyrical about that.

*sigh*

There is a growing consensus this thread should be stickied. I think that's a good idea, but I would like one or two of the current stickies to be reconsidered for unstickiedom before we make this one stuck. Any more than four sticky threads makes things messy, I find.

Thoughts?

Laters.

We do have some uneccisary stickies in the Meeting Place.

Personally I think we don't need the ideas thread to be stickied. I think we have enought ideas now to last us a lifetime, and personally there is literally no room for more.

We also shouldn't sticky Updates either. That should be a thread in anouncments, if and when there is an update, why clog up the stickies?

As for the anouncments aswell, delete them after 2-4 weeks of them being there. People will already be aware of them through word of mouth anyway.

I think we should keep Rogue's Gallery and the Photo Comp as the 2 stickies, myself.

Tue May 12, 2009 8:04 am
Profile WWW

bish wrote:
Good morning everyone! :)

Does anyone know where I can get cheap train tickets? I'm going to Derby on the 29th until the 21st and I don't fancy driving up myself, not for the fact that I can't drive, because I can/ It's the fact that if something happens, I break down, have a flat tyre/blow out I'd [LIFTED] myself to be fair! :P

So yeah £44.50 is the cheapest I can find. I don't mind paying that because it's cheaper than the petrol I'd put in. But I'd like to get it cheaper if I could, just for money saving aspects of it all.

Sign up for an account at Quidco, then use TheTrainLine to purchase your ticket. If you've gone through the link on Quidco you'll get up to 3% of your fair back :D
Not that the Train Line would be the cheapest, but it could make a difference :)

Ben

Wed May 13, 2009 7:37 am
Profile WWW

Trainline is really expensive. £57.10 for a return ticket.

I've been looking at Raileasy and they are £44.50 on there for a return.

Now, I don't want to sound like a skingy biotch. But I'd rather keep that extra £12.60 in my ar5e pocket, tbf.

Has anyone used that site before? I kinda don't wanna buy unless I know it's 100% legit like...

Wed May 13, 2009 7:47 am
What's a life?

I've always found The Trainline to be as cheap as anyone else.
When I've checked the train companies sites, it's always the same.
I'd be surprised if there's a 3rd party who can get the tickets cheaper, tbh.

FWIW, if there is one I'd love to know, as I'm off to London tomorrow for something that's come up at the last minute.

Charlie Brooker wrote:
Windows works for me. But I'd never recommend it to anybody else, ever.

Wed May 13, 2009 7:56 am

bish wrote:
I've been looking at Raileasy and they are £44.50 on there for a return.

Now, I don't want to sound like a skingy biotch. But I'd rather keep that extra £12.60 in my ar5e pocket, tbf.

Has anyone used that site before? I kinda don't wanna buy unless I know it's 100% legit like...

Double check on the Quidco site, if they have it then it might be OK (I'm guessing one business wouldn't do business with someone dodgy)
If you're gonna do trips like that often, consider a rail card, for 25 quid for the year, it's worth it after about three or four return trips...

Wed May 13, 2009 8:01 am
Profile WWW

Quidco have them as a company there, with a 2.5% cashback!

Ohhh, I think I might just sign up.

Wed May 13, 2009 8:08 am

They are good, I racked up 20quid over the Christmas period...It took three months to come back to me...But it was money back nonetheless...

Wed May 13, 2009 8:10 am
Profile WWW

We have a business account with the Trainline so it's an automagic 20% discount and we get all our fees back once a year as well, even so, they're usually pretty competitive.

We've recently figured out that we can easily drive to Watford and get the Metropolitan line from there, so we're much more keen on day-tripping to London now without being crippled by train fares :D

This above all: To Thine Own Self Be True

"Red sky at night, Shepherds Delight"..Which is a bit like Shepherds Pie, but with whipped topping instead of mashed potato.

Wed May 13, 2009 10:52 am

Blue wrote:
Customers on my back already.

What is it you do for a living again? :oops: ;) :lol:

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Thu May 14, 2009 7:21 am
Profile WWW

John_Vella wrote:
Blue wrote:
Customers on my back already.

What is it you do for a living again? :oops: ;) :lol:

I'm a monkey trainer, but I call the monkeys my customers. Takes away the personal aspect of the job. :roll: ;)

Thu May 14, 2009 7:31 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 149  Next