Reply to topic  [ 4412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 291, 292, 293, 294, 295  Next
The TV thread 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

timark_uk wrote:
In other shows, I just finished watching the first episode of the BBC War of the Worlds adaptation.
Is anyone else watching this?

Mark

I hadn't realised it had started yet. I will get around to watching it, but in the meantime is it any good?

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:42 am
Profile WWW

John_Vella wrote:
timark_uk wrote:
In other shows, I just finished watching the first episode of the BBC War of the Worlds adaptation.
Is anyone else watching this?
I hadn't realised it had started yet. I will get around to watching it, but in the meantime is it any good?
I enjoyed it.
There's an addition of a new character, and whilst I can totally understand their inclusion in the overall story, their particular story within the context of everything that's going on just seems a bit out of place, but this didn't detract from the overall enjoyment.
It's a slow burn, but there's another two episodes to come yet, so perhaps things will pick up a bit in those parts.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:49 pm
Profile WWW
Legend

Finished She-Ra season 4 and it gets better towards the end, but by then it's doing too much too quick. There's simply too many characters who are all getting a line/mini segment here or there to set up something you'll see next year. And truth be told every time there is an interesting moment it cuts away to someone/somewhere else.

But what's really infuriating is a massive showdown was implied with the ending of season 3; it still hasn't happened by the end of season 4!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:51 am
What's a life?

Finished watching Art of Crime a couple of weeks back. Shame it was only 6 episodes, I found it very interesting.

Then we found "Profilage" or Profiling Paris. Similar sort of concept, but with a ditzy psychologist. But only the first 2 seasons are available... Grrr!

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:04 am
Profile ICQ
Legend

Started Black Lightning on Netflix last night as a test of it before I cancelled my Netfix sub... and I'll be carrying on with it via other means; 4 episodes in and it's way more coherent and focused than that Titans load of crap!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:12 am
Doesn't have much of a life

Did anyone catch "The Bureau"?

It's French and sort of on Amazon Prime (you need to sign up for a trial to Sundance to catch seasons 3 & 4) but despite that I found it quite compelling lock-down viewing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bureau_(TV_series)

Oh and in other news Binky is getting on well. Was it 2013???

Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:05 pm

Pingu is back on Amazon Prime video.
This is a good thing. (8+)

Mark

Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:19 pm
Profile WWW

The Sandman, on Netflix.
I haven't seen any of this yet, I'll be watching the first couple of episodes tonight, but so far the reviews are good, so this is a good sign.
I have all the graphic novels, I bought them as they were released years ago, so I've been a Sandman fan for as long as it's been around.
I've been awaiting this show with cautious optimism, I guess I'll make my own mind up later this evening.

Mark

Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:07 pm
Profile WWW

timark_uk wrote:
The Sandman, on Netflix.
I haven't seen any of this yet, I'll be watching the first couple of episodes tonight, but so far the reviews are good, so this is a good sign.
I have all the graphic novels, I bought them as they were released years ago, so I've been a Sandman fan for as long as it's been around.
I've been awaiting this show with cautious optimism, I guess I'll make my own mind up later this evening.
Well, that was a rather fine show.
If you do plan on seeing it, try watching episodes 5 & 6 back-to-back. It's not a two-part episode, but the themes and subject matter explored in these two episodes make for really good viewing seen this way.

Mark

Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:02 pm
Profile WWW

New bonus episode of The Sandman made available today. \•/

Mark

Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:19 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Quite enjoyed Reacher on Amazon Prime. Basically the first book Killing Floor over six episodes.

Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:29 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

The new series of Ghosts, (Series 4, I believe) is available on iPlayer, and if you've never seen it before start from series 1. You won't regret it. :)

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:58 pm
Profile WWW

cloaked_wolf wrote:
Quite enjoyed Reacher on Amazon Prime. Basically the first book Killing Floor over six episodes.
I just saw that they have started filming on the second season of this.

Mark

Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:43 pm
Profile WWW

John_Vella wrote:
The new series of Ghosts, (Series 4, I believe) is available on iPlayer, and if you've never seen it before start from series 1. You won't regret it. :)
I'll be starting S4 on Saturday night, I’m working until then so can't get to it any sooner.

Mark

Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:44 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

timark_uk wrote:
I just saw that they have started filming on the second season of this.

Mark

I hope they're following the books although some of them weren't that great. Having said that, I always thought the first few were awesome.

Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 291, 292, 293, 294, 295  Next