Reply to topic  [ 4412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 295  Next
The TV thread 
Doesn't have much of a life

davrosG5 wrote:
gavomatic57 wrote:
The new HBO mini-series 'Chernobyl' is out on Sky/NowTV. The first episode is suitably grim, but worth a watch.

You were expecting fun times from one of the worst nuclear disasters in human history?
Saw the trailer but don't have Sky or NowTV. Did look grim but probably pretty accurate.

Haha, certainly not, but I did wonder if they would TVify it for a wider audience. They didn't and it is pretty raw. Looking forward to part 2.

Wed May 08, 2019 5:46 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

HBO’s film Newark - a 1960s prequel to the Sopranos Michael Galdolfini as a young Tony Soprano.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/set-photos- ... in-newark/

Well, he certainly looks the part.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Fri May 10, 2019 7:48 pm
What's a life?

I've been run down with a cold for a few days (on my week off work!). So I was in bed the other night, unable to sleep (because I'd taken Sudafed), and came across Jack Ryan on Amazon Video. Now, I know of Tom Clancy and watched the Hunt for Red October. But I've not read of his novels.

I ended up watching all eight episodes of season 1 over 24 hours. And I loved it. Sure there's a few small potholes here and there. But the writing and pacing was good, and I was hooked from start to end. Wish there was Season 2 but it won't be out till autumn.

Sat May 18, 2019 10:38 am
What's a life?

Finished watching the two series of The OA on Netflix. That season 2 ending is a bit of a mind fcuk.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Tue May 21, 2019 8:33 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

paulzolo wrote:
Finished watching the two series of The OA on Netflix. That season 2 ending is a bit of a mind fcuk.

Its on my list to watch

Just finishing off "Hell on Wheels" on Prime
and then will move to iZombie the latest series but when I catch up on that might start OA

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Wed May 22, 2019 10:51 am

Sandman is going to Netflix!

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:51 am
Profile WWW

Jean-Luc now has a dog
And the it has the best name a dog for that character could ever have.

Mark

Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:05 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Not sure if it should go here.

Just discovered the TV show House. I saw some clips on youtube after watching clips of Fry & Laurie, decided I liked it enough to watch and have been watching a couple of episodes every night. Obviously it’s OTT (which doctor goes investigating CSI-style into people’s homes? Apart from maybe GPs) but very well written.

Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:02 pm

cloaked_wolf wrote:
Not sure if it should go here.

Just discovered the TV show House. I saw some clips on youtube after watching clips of Fry & Laurie, decided I liked it enough to watch and have been watching a couple of episodes every night. Obviously it’s OTT (which doctor goes investigating CSI-style into people’s homes? Apart from maybe GPs) but very well written.

I loved the original premise for the show - the idea was that doctors say mean things about their patients after they've left, but what if the doctor said it while the patient was still in the room...

House was my favourite show for years.

Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:59 pm
What's a life?

Jack Ryan Season 2.

After loving Season 1, I was salivating for Season 2. S1 had a double cat-and-mouse game throughout, which had me hooked. S2 was much plainer, less exciting action, a much more convoluted plot and felt more political propaganda than action-spy-thriller.

Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:56 am
Legend

I'm watching She-Ra season 4 and about six episodes in it's just so obviously filler. You can really see the writer(s) know it too, with a real focus on genuinely funny lines. Even songs!

You know when writers have been forced to create unnecessary tension between characters because of the season structure? That's going on and it's tedious.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

paulzolo wrote:
HBO’s film Newark - a 1960s prequel to the Sopranos Michael Galdolfini as a young Tony Soprano.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/set-photos- ... in-newark/

Well, he certainly looks the part.

I thought it was Susan Boyle for a moment.

Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:36 pm
What's a life?

pcernie wrote:
I'm watching She-Ra season 4

I'm guessing this is the reboot? I heard they had a real "gay agenda" with no straight characters. Didn't watch it but then again I didn't watch the original. Loved the MOTU 2002/3 show but it lost out to the TMNT show at the time which was my favourite.

Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:54 am
Legend

cloaked_wolf wrote:
pcernie wrote:
I'm watching She-Ra season 4

I'm guessing this is the reboot? I heard they had a real "gay agenda" with no straight characters. Didn't watch it but then again I didn't watch the original. Loved the MOTU 2002/3 show but it lost out to the TMNT show at the time which was my favourite.

Reboot. It's been good up until now but it definitely wouldn't be for everyone. It's pushing every gender agenda going but there are straight characters. It was always going to be camp but it's usually good enough for that not to hurt it, and the Horde are the welcome flip side.

Give it a go, but I know it looks horrific to the average bloke from the outside though!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:41 am

I've just recently started watching The Magicians (on Prime). It's been on my radar for a while but only just getting to it.
It was enjoyable enough for the most of S1, a little more adult than your average fare for 'just another teen show', dropping the odd swear word here and there, abut then, right at the end of S1 … BOOM!
It gets properly dark and adult.
S2 has started off a little patchy in terms of pacing, but it carries right along with the themes left from S1.

In other shows, I just finished watching the first episode of the BBC War of the Worlds adaptation.
Is anyone else watching this?

Mark

Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 295  Next