Reply to topic  [ 4412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292, 293 ... 295  Next
The TV thread 
What's a life?

Watched The Outpost last night. Jesus, that was nonsense. Maybe I’ll watch episode 3 next week. Who knows? That is all.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:10 am
What's a life?

Been watching iZombie on Netflix. It]s fun, a little light-headed in places, but watchable at the end of the day. Apparently, it shifts gear a bit in series 3 or 4. A bit surprised SyFy or similar hasn’t screened it here. They’re making a final fifth series.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:35 pm

paulzolo wrote:
Been watching iZombie on Netflix. It]s fun, a little light-headed in places, but watchable at the end of the day. Apparently, it shifts gear a bit in series 3 or 4. A bit surprised SyFy or similar hasn’t screened it here. They’re making a final fifth series.
Yeah, S4 goes off in a weird direction. Still very watchable, just a little bit weirder than the rest.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:46 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

timark_uk wrote:
paulzolo wrote:
Yeah, S4 goes off in a weird direction. Still very watchable, just a little bit weirder than the rest.

Mark

It does explain a line in the SyFy trailer for Stitchers that mentioned not needing to eat brains. Stitchers (which I haven’t watched) seems to involve dropping the consciousness of a deceased person into someone else so that the death can be explored. In iZombie, Liv eats brains and gets the personality of the brain, as well as visions of that person’t past and inevitable demise. Crime solving ensues.

Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:14 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Grizzy and the Lemmings. One of the very few cartoons that is funny for children and adults. Here's an example dealing with the dangers of drone deliveries (7 min).

Cellular Bear

Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:38 pm

paulzolo wrote:
timark_uk wrote:
paulzolo wrote:

Mark

It does explain a line in the SyFy trailer for Stitchers that mentioned not needing to eat brains. Stitchers (which I haven’t watched) seems to involve dropping the consciousness of a deceased person into someone else so that the death can be explored. In iZombie, Liv eats brains and gets the personality of the brain, as well as visions of that person’t past and inevitable demise. Crime solving ensues.

just about finished S4 of iZombie - its good (and a bit darker than previous series)
Enjoyed Stitchers but not as much

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:14 am
What's a life?

hifidelity2 wrote:
just about finished S4 of iZombie - its good (and a bit darker than previous series)

Just started S3 of iZombie - it’s changing a bit already now that more people know about Liv’s identity. Some of the names are poor quality puns. Fillmore Graves?! Ha!

I’ve not watched Stitchers. The trailer didn’t appeal, and based on recent experience, SyFy seems to be overselling their new programmes rather too much.

Fun fact: iZombie lead Rose McIver was in an episode of Xena: Warrior Princess when she was obviously much younger. It was a body swap episode, so she got to be Xena for a while.

Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:27 am

paulzolo wrote:
hifidelity2 wrote:

Just started S3 of iZombie - it’s changing a bit already now that more people know about Liv’s identity. Some of the names are poor quality puns. Fillmore Graves?! Ha!

I’ve not watched Stitchers. The trailer didn’t appeal, and based on recent experience, SyFy seems to be overselling their new programmes rather too much.

Fun fact: iZombie lead Rose McIver was in an episode of Xena: Warrior Princess when she was obviously much younger. It was a body swap episode, so she got to be Xena for a while.

One thing you will notice is that the effect on brains Liv gets much more pronounced in that it almost totally takes over her personality

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:23 am
Official forum cat lady

OH! iZombie is based on a comic. Of course you've all been watching it

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Last edited by oceanicitl on Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:56 am

oceanicitl wrote:
OH! iZombie is based on a comic. If course you've all been watching it

Haven't seen a second of it. I remember reading the promo stuff before it aired and it sounded wee bit too silly for me.

Still, nice of you to generalise. :P

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:01 pm
What's a life?

oceanicitl wrote:

Based very, very loosely. The premise comes from the iZombie comic, but that’s about where it ends. In the comic, the protagonist works in a funeral home. In the TV series, she’s in the police morgue, and so on. I think pretty much all that’s remained is the title and the artwork in the credits and the ad breaks which are done by the original comic artist.

It‘s silly, yeah, but I find it fun.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:51 am
Official forum cat lady

Spreadie wrote:
oceanicitl wrote:

Haven't seen a second of it. I remember reading the promo stuff before it aired and it sounded wee bit too silly for me.

Still, nice of you to generalise. :P

You're welcome :D

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:37 pm

Luke Cage has been cancelled. That leaves three other Marvel/Netflix shows currently on the go.
One of which has just started S3 and as far as I know the other two are mid-production, so at least one other outing for each of those.
I guess now Luke and Danny are at a loose end, we could get that Heroes for Hire show.
Then of course there's always the Daughters of the Dragon.

Mark

Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:33 am
Profile WWW

I saw Daredevil S3 E4 last night (I'll be watching more later tonight) but not to give away any spoilers, even though I know people tend to dive right in with the Netflix/Marvel shows, but that fight sequence!
And it was all done in one take.
Phenomenal stuff.

Mark

Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
Doesn't have much of a life

Hello everyone.
Apparently Season 3 of The Expanse will stream on Amazon from November 15th.
Which has been a long wait.

Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 4412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292, 293 ... 295  Next