Reply to topic  [ 4412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 289, 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 295  Next
The TV thread 
Official forum cat lady

paulzolo wrote:
I’’m finding Ozark starting to be more interesting

If you're just finding Ozark 'interesting' you must have impossibly high standards for TV. I thought it was one of the best shows of 2017 and I'm slowly watching the latest series as I want to savour it.

It gave me new respect for Jason Bateman.

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:29 am

Marvel and Netflix, but really just Marvel, cancel Daredevil.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:48 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

oceanicitl wrote:
paulzolo wrote:
I’’m finding Ozark starting to be more interesting

If you're just finding Ozark 'interesting' you must have impossibly high standards for TV. I thought it was one of the best shows of 2017 and I'm slowly watching the latest series as I want to savour it.

It gave me new respect for Jason Bateman.

I’d only seen the first couple of episodes when I made that comment. I do like it. Been watching an episode a day as I’m not a fan of binge watching.

One thing about Ozark is the clocks - have you noticed them? There are a number of tall grandfather clock types. The Byrdes have one (on their lawn in ep. 2, and in the house from then on), and there are others scattered around the place. They are instantly recognisable to me as I was given one earlier in the year. They are Chinese copies, and a bit tacky (we‘re slowly removing the tackiness from the one we have - a better pendulum might actually make it tell the time more accurately, the weights are purely decorative - the clock is wound with a key).

Actually, one turned up in Bates Motel too - in the posh mental health facility Norma is trying to get Norman in to.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:12 am
What's a life?

Quote:
Gillian Anderson Is Thatcher In “The Crown” S4

Gillian Anderson (“The Fall,” “The X-Files”) will play former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher in the fourth season of Netflix’s “The Crown”. Both the third and fourth season are being filmed and produced together with the third to air later this year and the fourth in 2020.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/gillian-and ... -crown-s4/

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:22 am

The first three seasons of The Expanse will be available on Amazon Prime Video from the 8th of February.
There's still no word yet on when we can expect the start of S4.

Mark

Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:53 pm
Profile WWW
I haven't seen my friends in so long

timark_uk wrote:
The first three seasons of The Expanse will be available on Amazon Prime Video from the 8th of February.
There's still no word yet on when we can expect the start of S4.

Mark

Love the books and enjoying the TV series

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:00 pm

In news that should come as no surprise to anyone, Netflix has officially announced the cancellations of The Punisher and Jessica Jones.

Mark

Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:58 pm
Profile WWW
Legend

timark_uk wrote:
In news that should come as no surprise to anyone, Netflix has officially announced the cancellations of The Punisher and Jessica Jones.

Mark

It's kinda hard to care, far as I'm concerned. Dragged out for 13 episodes every time, super-dull side characters for that very purpose, and an incredible ability to make the likes of Luke Cage and Iron Fist boring through a lazy storytelling need to neuter their powers.

I was kinda glad to see even Daredevil end, truth be told. Trying to give Bullseye backstory... there's a reason he's a blank canvas in the books. And the Kingpin storyline was... remind me again? :oops:

And Loeb is still threatening to bring it back! It seems he's the reason the shows were/got so lacklustre in the first place, and Marvel is bound to know that. Like many, I didn't even watch season 2 of Cage or Fist. And obviously I'm now glad I didn't!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:54 pm

I thought Luke Cage was sh!te, and didn't care enough about Jessica Jones to finish watching the first season. I did like the the first season of The Punisher though. Haven't seen any of Iron Fist.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:25 am

pcernie wrote:
Dragged out for 13 episodes every time, super-dull side characters for that very purpose, and an incredible ability to make the likes of Luke Cage and Iron Fist boring through a lazy storytelling need to neuter their powers.
See, that's where I think differently ... I think if there were actually a couple more episodes each season it'd make it better.
I don't want to watch ten hours straight of all-out fighting and character angst, throw in a few more standalone episodes amongst all the mayhem just to slow things down a little and let the audience catch their breath and even process a little of what's just happened on-screen before launching into the next round.
But it's all academic now, as the whole Marvel/Netflix shared universe has come to an end.
At least there's still the excellent Jessica Jones still to air.
And to add insult to injury, S3 of Legion is to be the end of that show too. *sigh*

Mark

Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:39 pm
Profile WWW
Legend

timark_uk wrote:
pcernie wrote:
Dragged out for 13 episodes every time, super-dull side characters for that very purpose, and an incredible ability to make the likes of Luke Cage and Iron Fist boring through a lazy storytelling need to neuter their powers.
See, that's where I think differently ... I think if there were actually a couple more episodes each season it'd make it better.
I don't want to watch ten hours straight of all-out fighting and character angst, throw in a few more standalone episodes amongst all the mayhem just to slow things down a little and let the audience catch their breath and even process a little of what's just happened on-screen before launching into the next round.
But it's all academic now, as the whole Marvel/Netflix shared universe has come to an end.
At least there's still the excellent Jessica Jones still to air.
And to add insult to injury, S3 of Legion is to be the end of that show too. *sigh*

Mark

I usually found, say, Daredevil talking more interesting than the latest corridor fight. But that didn't extend to the absolutely needless crap with Karen for instance.

No matter the show there was more filler going on than a Chesney Hawkes greatest hits album. I could live with it if it was interesting, but it never was.

It's so weird that Disney-Marvel can keep an entire decades-spanning movie universe together, but not TV shows that should be WAY simpler. And WB-DC have the inverse problem!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:41 am

For fans of The Expanse, you may find these two videos interesting:
The Artificial Gravity Lab
Blindfold Balancing in the Spinning Space Chair

The first one is about the Coriolis force which is important on the 'Belter's spun up moons (and also ships that generate gravity through rotating sections).
The second is about trying to fly a ship without the guidance of gravity.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:39 pm
What's a life?

iZombie series 5 on Netflix alert. Ravi Kholi claims the first use of the word “nonce” in a US TV show.

Sun May 05, 2019 2:56 pm
Doesn't have much of a life

The new HBO mini-series 'Chernobyl' is out on Sky/NowTV. The first episode is suitably grim, but worth a watch.

Tue May 07, 2019 8:16 pm
Profile WWW

gavomatic57 wrote:
The new HBO mini-series 'Chernobyl' is out on Sky/NowTV. The first episode is suitably grim, but worth a watch.

You were expecting fun times from one of the worst nuclear disasters in human history?
Saw the trailer but don't have Sky or NowTV. Did look grim but probably pretty accurate.

Wed May 08, 2019 4:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 289, 290, 291, 292, 293, 294, 295  Next