Reply to topic  [ 1628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 109  Next
Best/worst things you've bought recently 
Legend

davrosG5 wrote:
From the picture it looks like the arms have a very powerful vibrate function :lol:

big_D wrote:
We also bought a water bed, but that doesn't arrive until the middle of January...

:lol:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:49 am
What's a life?

Not bought but gifted as presents for Xmas

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Toys-Games/D ... B00T6TNCWO

Was fun to build, though the parts didn't always slot in perfectly and some of the print was slightly out of alignment.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Building-Con ... B014H1W2K8

i had fun building this. Took me about three hours.

Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:18 am
Legend

cloaked_wolf wrote:
Not bought but gifted as presents for Xmas

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Toys-Games/D ... B00T6TNCWO

Was fun to build, though the parts didn't always slot in perfectly and some of the print was slightly out of alignment.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Building-Con ... B014H1W2K8

i had fun building this. Took me about three hours.

Got this, the Batwing and Signal, but I haven't had a chance to make them yet

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fascinations-M ... +batmobile

Can't remember if I mentioned it before, but I've got the Lego Buckingham Palace set made, in work of all places lol. Looks well.

A tub of Swarfega will have to go back as someone has helped themselves to some of it. A Predator figure is badly painted and glued, an LED light bulb blew when they generally last for years, t-shirts arrived that are way too fcuking small... At least most of my purchases like figures have worked out recently like this champ here

Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:23 am
Official forum cat lady

big_D wrote:
We also bought a water bed, but that doesn't arrive until the middle of January...

Good luck with that.

Ever had one before?

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:57 am
What's a life?

No, but we spent between 3 and 4 hours in the shop trying different beds.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:05 am
Profile ICQ
Official forum cat lady

big_D wrote:

They move about too much for my liking. My Aunt used to have one.

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:05 am
Doesn't have much of a life

How does anyone make any sort of properly informed decision about a mattress without being able to use it for at least a week - by which time it is going to be too late to take it back and swap it for something else.

Case in point, the mattress on my girlfriend's bed is much too hard for me, but it's only noticeable if I spend more than two nights in a row sleeping there, by which time my right shoulder (which is the side I mostly sleep on) is aching really badly in the morning (as if it had been punched repeatedly during the night). I'd never pick up on something like that from trying it out in the shop.

Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:37 am
Profile WWW
Official forum cat lady

BigRedX wrote:
How does anyone make any sort of properly informed decision about a mattress without being able to use it for at least a week - by which time it is going to be too late to take it back and swap it for something else.

Case in point, the mattress on my girlfriend's bed is much too hard for me, but it's only noticeable if I spend more than two nights in a row sleeping there, by which time my right shoulder (which is the side I mostly sleep on) is aching really badly in the morning (as if it had been punched repeatedly during the night). I'd never pick up on something like that from trying it out in the shop.

I have a memory foam mattress and my boyfriend says it's hard. Not sure why he thinks that as it molds itself round your body. He has box spring at home which is slightly softer but I think they're both as comfortable. I do sometimes get back ache sleeping in another bed though.

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:42 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

BigRedX wrote:

I guess it depends where you buy the bed or mattress from. Dreams and Bensons (the two big suppliers I checked) both offer a 40 day comfort exhange so if you find it's not suitable you can switch within 40 days of receipt.

Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:52 am
Legend

Got some spray primer and coat, 40 acrylic paint tubes (!, just about every colour imaginable), some super cheap brushes (use and dump), Classic Rock magazine, a load of comic book £1 annuals/origin stories, a Minecraft annual for the nephew, and 'The Untold Legend of the Batman' novel-looking thing from 1982. Whatever that is lol.

Also found a load of shops that have exactly what I need for diorama building :D

Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:28 pm
Legend

Some recent purchases....

The Prometheus figs complete the line so far even though I'm not especially fussed on them, Viper at the back there is for displaying on a MASSIVE vehicle, the other Predator's called 'Gort' and is the original mask design for the film. It was later used at the end of Predator 2 on the ship... Then you've Animated Joker there, an LED stick as a brilliant way of getting light effect shots and short vids for my upcoming dioramas, a 5 port hub that should actually be usable compared to the PS4 grief, and The Book of Alien. Whatever that's about...

Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:18 am
Legend

Mostly stuff for making dioramas or just generally useful... That Sugaru stuff has me intrigued (Google it), but I'll have to wait for something to fix... The magnifier/light/clamp doodah looks well dodgy next to that IRA book now that I look at it lol.

Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:23 am
Legend

Started cleaning this up tonight for spraying with primer tomorrow. NECA are putting out an Ali/Superman pack so I'm turning this into a boxing ring once I've got all the stickers and crap off it. The wrestlers are going to my nephew.

Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:27 am
What's a life?

BigRedX wrote:

Casper mattresses, you can try them for 100 days and if you don't like it, they will come and pick it up. It was a US startup, but they are now in Germany as well, I don't know if they are in the UK.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:50 am
Profile ICQ
I haven't seen my friends in so long

big_D wrote:

Holy s***. If I spend more than 15 minutes in any one shop I'm likely to start killing randomly. I might make an exception of a bit longer if I'm buying a bed or so but 4 hours! Did you fall aslpeep trying them out?

Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:15 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 109  Next