Reply to topic  [ 1628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 109  Next
Best/worst things you've bought recently 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:30 pm
What's a life?

Looks nice, but a waste of time over here. You can only fly them on model airfields and open fields.

Any flying in built-up areas needs a special dispensation from the local council - E.g. you are filming for a film, TV series, documentary etc. or you are filming an industrial site for the owner for a promotional video.

You can fly it on your own property, but only if there is no camera, or the camera cannot see outside of your property. That means, if you have a small garden, you can probably fly it up to 50cm from the ground.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:34 am
Profile ICQ
Doesn't have much of a life

In Isolation have just filmed part of our latest promo video using drones, with us playing on a disused railway viaduct. Despite doing the filming before 9.00am on a weekday morning it was very hard to get shots that didn't also include dog-walkers etc.

Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:22 am
Profile WWW
Legend

The Rock Album - a Sony music compilation album available at all good/bad supermarkets for a fiver, it's got all the usual suspects so it suits me.

I continue to buy and love the Transformers Siege figures.

Oh, and if you haven't tried those Cadbury's Snowman bars (orange), you're in for a treat... 50p. And way better than those Orange Twirls FFS.

[LIFTED] items...

A Spiral (used to love this company, they're now AWFUL) backpack that was already ripped and no wonder; it was made of the thinnest material this side of Strictly.

And their long-sleeved top was apparently made for someone with serious arm muscles...

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:10 pm

Trying to upgrade the Mac Mini hard drive, so I ordered a removal kit. To open up the Mac you need a security H6 driver with a hole in the middle. The one I received didn't have that.
Ordered another set, from another company. Despite both saying that they were the security drivers, neither were. Have ordered a third one, from iFixit.
Luckily, Amazon have a decent returns system but still... FFS!

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:21 am
Profile WWW
Legend

John_Vella wrote:
Trying to upgrade the Mac Mini hard drive, so I ordered a removal kit. To open up the Mac you need a security H6 driver with a hole in the middle. The one I received didn't have that.
Ordered another set, from another company. Despite both saying that they were the security drivers, neither were. Have ordered a third one, from iFixit.

If it's Amazon themselves who supplied it complain like mad and say they've wasted your time, why am I paying for Prime, or whatever... They usually cave without a return ;)

I just bought a pet hair roller from Amazon because a reviewer said it worked on clothes... it doesn't, and once again I have to question the brain power of some of these fcukers. The worst was a 'masonry drill' someone swore worked on an outer wall. They must have been there for days cos I knew from just spinning it that was nonsense.

Anyway, the roller's got a dodgy mechanism to boot, so I can hopefully just get a refund without return.

ION, Marvel Sandman and Iggy Pop Funkos turned out great.

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:16 pm

pcernie wrote:
John_Vella wrote:

If it's Amazon themselves who supplied it complain like mad and say they've wasted your time, why am I paying for Prime, or whatever... They usually cave without a return ;)

I just bought a pet hair roller from Amazon because a reviewer said it worked on clothes... it doesn't, and once again I have to question the brain power of some of these fcukers. The worst was a 'masonry drill' someone swore worked on an outer wall. They must have been there for days cos I knew from just spinning it that was nonsense.

Anyway, the roller's got a dodgy mechanism to boot, so I can hopefully just get a refund without return.

ION, Marvel Sandman and Iggy Pop Funkos turned out great.

I can just take them to the local Next store, and they do everything for me, so it's no big deal. In other news, the new drivers arrived last night and they fit, so hooray!

Bloody Apple, though. You have to remove literally every component in the Mac Mini to get to the hard drive, which I did, and it all went smoothly. The only problem is that it won't install OS X over the Internet. Oh well, looks like I'll have to try plugging my old drive in as an external device and clone that. I suppose I can always do a reset when I'm done, but still... C'mon Apple!

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:07 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Bose QC-20 noise cancelling headphones.
They make quite the difference on diesel trains.

Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

PiDP-11 kit from Oscar Vermulen

https://obsolescence.wixsite.com/obsolescence/pidp-11

I will be soldering it together this weekend.

Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:01 am
Profile ICQ

big_D wrote:
PiDP-11 kit from Oscar Vermulen

https://obsolescence.wixsite.com/obsolescence/pidp-11

I will be soldering it together this weekend.

That looks interesting. Let us know how you get on with it. :)

I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:26 am
Profile WWW
Legend

Private Eye - ALWAYS a good read.

Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:27 pm
What's a life?

It is built and I got a new Pi yesterday... Only it came with Rasbian Stretch and the software seems to be for Buster, so it is in the middle of doing an upgrade at the moment...

Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:19 pm
Profile ICQ
Legend

Matchmaker McFlurry - just don't.

EDIT - Oooh, forgot Lego Dinosaur Fossils; look it up! :D

Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:06 pm

Ordered the Das Keyboard Professional Mac today, which I'm hoping will fall into the "best thing" category...

I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:57 pm
Profile WWW
Spends far too much time on here

bought myself an early Xmas present.

Brother MFC-L3710CW Colour Laser Printer, Wireless and PC Connected, Print, Copy, Scan and Fax, A4
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HNQCRJ5/ ... 11_TE_item

will set it up tomorrow ...

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 109  Next