Reply to topic  [ 1628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 109  Next
Best/worst things you've bought recently 
Official forum cat lady

big_D wrote:
BigRedX wrote:
How does anyone make any sort of properly informed decision about a mattress without being able to use it for at least a week - by which time it is going to be too late to take it back and swap it for something else.

Case in point, the mattress on my girlfriend's bed is much too hard for me, but it's only noticeable if I spend more than two nights in a row sleeping there, by which time my right shoulder (which is the side I mostly sleep on) is aching really badly in the morning (as if it had been punched repeatedly during the night). I'd never pick up on something like that from trying it out in the shop.

Casper mattresses, you can try them for 100 days and if you don't like it, they will come and pick it up. It was a US startup, but they are now in Germany as well, I don't know if they are in the UK.

Yep they are. I've seen them advertised.

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:25 am
What's a life?

veato wrote:
big_D wrote:
No, but we spent between 3 and 4 hours in the shop trying different beds.

Holy s***. If I spend more than 15 minutes in any one shop I'm likely to start killing randomly. I might make an exception of a bit longer if I'm buying a bed or so but 4 hours! Did you fall aslpeep trying them out?

Pretty much, spent 20-30 minutes at a time in some of the beds.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:17 pm
Profile ICQ
Official forum cat lady

big_D wrote:
veato wrote:
big_D wrote:
No, but we spent between 3 and 4 hours in the shop trying different beds.

Holy s***. If I spend more than 15 minutes in any one shop I'm likely to start killing randomly. I might make an exception of a bit longer if I'm buying a bed or so but 4 hours! Did you fall aslpeep trying them out?

Pretty much, spent 20-30 minutes at a time in some of the beds.

:shock:

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:11 pm
Legend

Tantric mattress shopping - Dave's ahead of his time, I'm telling you... ;)

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:26 pm
Legend

cloaked_wolf wrote:
Perfect. Does the Sword of Omens fit into the claw shield?

Looks like Mumm-Ra is on after all, there's also an updated Lion-o
http://www.mezcotoyz.com/thundercats-mu ... xe-edition

Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:34 pm
Official forum cat lady

pcernie wrote:
Tantric mattress shopping - Dave's ahead of his time, I'm telling you... ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:07 am
What's a life?

Cadbury Creme Egg. The nostalgia got to me. The creamy filling was the same as always but the chocolate shell was just rubbish.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:16 am
Legend

cloaked_wolf wrote:
Cadbury Creme Egg. The nostalgia got to me. The creamy filling was the same as always but the chocolate shell was just rubbish.

And [LIFTED] tiny with it.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:28 pm
What's a life?

49" Sony Bravia UHD HDR TV, with Android.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:10 pm
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

The TV is excellent and watching The Grand Tour in UHD is a great experience (it is surprising how many Amazon Originals are available in UHD).

Just got the new Microsoft Surface Bluetooth Keyboard. It looks a lot like the cabled version of the Mac keybaord, but with dark grey keys. The feel of the keyboard is the best I've found on any of the chicklet style keyboards I've ever experienced. I have 2 Mac keyboards, as well as the Microsoft Designer bluetooth keyboard. The feel is a lot better than any of them. It is a little pricey, but the quality makes the price acceptable.

I was trying to hold out for the Ergonomic version, but I've waited over 3 months for the standard version to appear over here, so I jumped at it. Plus, in my job, I am constantly moving between different machines, so having the ergonomic layout makes it a little awkward, when I have to sit at users machines or configure new machines.

Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:51 am
Profile ICQ
Legend

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001CC ... ref=plSrch

It will have paid for itself in weeks IMO - no creaking board or leaking iron, no fannying about for ages just trying to get the wrinkles out of one item. XXL t shirt done in a minute the first time I used it, jeans done in the same time. Dries damp clothes. Might even make toasties lol.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:52 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

pcernie wrote:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001CC1BK8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489234441&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=singer+steam+press&dpPl=1&dpID=31F3vZhv1iL&ref=plSrch

It will have paid for itself in weeks IMO - no creaking board or leaking iron, no fannying about for ages just trying to get the wrinkles out of one item. XXL t shirt done in a minute the first time I used it, jeans done in the same time. Dries damp clothes. Might even make toasties lol.

I wonder if SWMBO would like one for her birthday ;)

Bought a set of Pry bars from Aldi - means I wont have to use (and ruin) my screwdrivers to pry things apart now

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:34 am
What's a life?

TBH we have a steam generator iron and have had one for a few years now. Makes a massive difference to ironing. Takes a while to warm up but even a t-shirt can be done in about 15 seconds. I've always been wary of flat presses as unless you get everything right, it will iron new creases into the garment. Would be interesting to see how the steam version avoids this.

Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:07 am
Legend

cloaked_wolf wrote:
TBH we have a steam generator iron and have had one for a few years now. Makes a massive difference to ironing. Takes a while to warm up but even a t-shirt can be done in about 15 seconds. I've always been wary of flat presses as unless you get everything right, it will iron new creases into the garment. Would be interesting to see how the steam version avoids this.

I just smooth everything with my hand, press, then roll it over to the next bit. Did an entire collection of t shirts in minutes last night. It's an absolute game changer and I've become something of a promoter!

Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:12 am
Official forum cat lady

Just bought the wallpaper for the living room to be delivered Friday eek!

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1628 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 109  Next