Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PCs are rubbish 
What's a life?

okenobi wrote:
Assassin8or wrote:
I think the reason that PC users get so miffed with Mac users is that the Mac user will assume that their way is far superior to the PC way and won't budge.

Ever come across .stix compressed files? Bloody designers and their Macs, and the normal people with Windows/Linux have to run around trying to find a free decompression program to get at the contained files :x

But my Skoda's better than yours ;) :D

I no longer have a Skoda. I sold my Felicia last year.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:53 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Assassin8or wrote:
Ever come across .stix compressed files? Bloody designers and their Macs, and the normal people with Windows/Linux have to run around trying to find a free decompression program to get at the contained files :x

I hate it when I've just used bzip2 on a tar file and sent it to a mate using Windows who then proceeds to complain he can't open it...

trigen_killer wrote:
MAC vs PC. If you want a PC, get a PC, if you want a MAC, get a MAC. If you can use both, get both and if you're so sad to think that MAC vs PC flame wars are funny/justified/welcome, get a life. :roll:

It's a Mac, not a MAC, a Mac...:wink: :P

The one thing I dislike about the PC Vs. Mac is that it's not PC Vs. Mac, it's Windows Vs. Mac. Never does Linux or other UNIX systems get a look in...(Prepare for sweeping generalisation) Windows people probably know about as Mac OS as they do about Linux/UNIX and the same goes t'other way around (Though I will note that may Mac users here have to use Windows at work)

Other than that, it's all a bit of fun, and occasionally a learning experience.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:09 pm
Profile WWW

Assassin8or wrote:
Ever come across .stix compressed files? Bloody designers and their Macs

What the heck are .stix files? Never heard of them, and I've been a designer for more than 20 years, using Macs the whole time.

Whenever I send files to anyone other than another Mac user, I make sure I ask them what format they'd like. If it's something I can't actually handle, then we work it out from there until we agree.

The Mac OS standard compressed file is a .zip. Can't say I've come across any problems sending those to anyone, to be honest.

Just saying, so you know not all designers and their Macs are thick as pig sh*t, or twice as arrogant. ;)

Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:13 pm
Doesn't have much of a life

forquare1 wrote:

The one thing I dislike about the PC Vs. Mac is that it's not PC Vs. Mac, it's Windows Vs. Mac. Never does Linux or other UNIX systems get a look in...(Prepare for sweeping generalisation) Windows people probably know about as Mac OS as they do about Linux/UNIX and the same goes t'other way around (Though I will note that may Mac users here have to use Windows at work)

Quite right there. I'll settle the argument right now. Both Windows and the Mac are rubbish, it's linux you want! Does everything the other two can do but for less money. Some say there is too much choice, but that's like saying you have too much money or get too much sex. ;) :lol:

Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:22 pm
Profile WWW

Well said, Gavin, you Nikon user you.
:P

Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:23 pm
Occasionally has a life

I wouldnt say rubbish, just sometimes the software they run is :)

Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:46 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

KRKux wrote:

PC's? Well said!

And Heather, Canons are best right?

:wink: :P

Last edited by forquare1 on Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:48 pm
Profile WWW

KRKux wrote:

In what way? Only the Adobe stuff I use seems to be rubbish - Acrobat Pro drives me bonkers, for a start.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:48 pm
Occasionally has a life

I mean vista, its a snail compared to OSX.

If only Macs were cheaper.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:04 pm
Occasionally has a life

forquare1 wrote:
I hate it when I've just used bzip2 on a tar file and sent it to a mate using Windows who then proceeds to complain he can't open it...

Tarballs are fine, just use WinRar I think.

forquare1 wrote:

Other than that, it's all a bit of fun, and occasionally a learning experience.

Yeah, I understand this point of view as a Linux user too.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:18 pm
What's a life?

HeatherKay wrote:
Assassin8or wrote:

What the heck are .stix files? Never heard of them, and I've been a designer for more than 20 years, using Macs the whole time.

Whenever I send files to anyone other than another Mac user, I make sure I ask them what format they'd like. If it's something I can't actually handle, then we work it out from there until we agree.

The Mac OS standard compressed file is a .zip. Can't say I've come across any problems sending those to anyone, to be honest.

Just saying, so you know not all designers and their Macs are thick as pig sh*t, or twice as arrogant. ;)

I think he means .sitx - which is a form of Stuffit file. They still make Stuffit, but I wonder why. The .zip format is used by all platforms now.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:20 pm
Doesn't have much of a life

forquare1 wrote:
KRKux wrote:

PC's? Well said!

And Heather, Canons are best right?

:wink: :P

Naaa, Nikon are better! The Canon bodies look and feel a bit low-rent by comparison...! :)

Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:22 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

HeatherKay wrote:
Assassin8or wrote:

Re. designers and their fondness of the Stuffit format - I gather sending some font formats in a .zip is a good way of messing them up. Hence the .sitx format which doesn't. Trying to make your life easier, they are. You do get Stuffit for Windows, don't you?
Tombolt might know what I'm on about.

Charlie Brooker wrote:
Windows works for me. But I'd never recommend it to anybody else, ever.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:22 pm
Occasionally has a life

HeatherKay wrote:

Stuff-it compression program. Yeah zip is predominant these days, but it doesn't stop certain Mac designers from using .sitx.

HeatherKay wrote:

Some designers aren't bothered by such concerns.

HeatherKay wrote:

:D Just like not all Windows are that thick or arrogant; not all of them.

Edit: oops keep misspelling the extension :S

Last edited by Assassin8or on Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:24 pm
Occasionally has a life

ProfessorF wrote:
HeatherKay wrote:
Assassin8or wrote:

Re. designers and their fondness of the Stuffit format - I gather sending some font formats in a .zip is a good way of messing them up. Hence the .sitx format which doesn't. Trying to make your life easier, they are. You do get Stuffit for Windows, don't you?
Tombolt might know what I'm on about.

This was design files not fonts. I've never come across an issue with transferring fonts, though I tend to send them in an uncompressed format as there is little need.

You do get stuff-it for Windows, when you pay for it. You can have a trial version, however, that's no good when you're working with a designer over a period of time.

You get WinRAR for a Mac too ;)

And how about Linux users? I think I definitely mentioned them.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next