Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Ten years of X404 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

veato wrote:
10 years is crazy.

I think I came over from Custom PC IIRC.

In the last 10 years I:

Had a child
Bought my 1st iMac

Ahh the folly of youth

veato wrote:
10 years is crazy.

Got married
Bought a lizard
Had another child
Bought a house
Made sure I can't have any more children
Bought a cat
Went back to Windows
Turned 40

.....and then maturity

;)

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:01 am
Doesn't have much of a life

Wow, 10 years! It has been an interesting 10 years, must admit.

The last three have been pretty rough, but starting to make sense of it now and trying to put everything back together again.

Still on the Internet far too much, but closed all my social media accounts a while ago, before starting all over again a couple of months ago. Still working in the same place, still building PCs for gaming, still using Macs for everything else, but recently acquired an Xbox and the two Red Dead's, so that's my free time for the next few months taken care of.

Hoping to get back to cycling soon. Re-discovered it a couple of years ago, got some 100-milers in before getting sidetracked by other things. Lost two stone in a few months, thanks to the bike, before putting it back on again. Oops.

Glad to see so many of you still here!

Fri May 03, 2019 4:21 pm
Profile WWW

Good grief...a whole decade.

Migrated from the much-missed MacUser forum and was relieved to find that saspro was quickly able to set up x404 so there was some continuity of members. Haven't been able to contribute much over the past year or so due to pressures from real life, but I hope to change things for the better soon.

Ten years...I've seen my work supply dwindle due to outsourcing necessitating an imminent career change where I'm going to find out if one can get a job in game creation without having played (m)any of them! Had a daughter (now nearly 8) who is developing an amazing aptitude for maths and who is one of the few high points during a rough few years.

Apart from that, I have got older and have just bought a skateboard. That's about it.

Fri May 03, 2019 7:45 pm

A very belated Happy 10th Birthday!

Wow, ten years...I used to visit the Dennis forums initially via PCPro then MacUser...The migration to x404 was a exciting and sad, and a bit of a whirlwind, IIRC...I was on a university Industrial Year at the time (did I even mention I worked for Sun Microsystems...? ;) )

Since then...
Went back for my final year of uni
Lost what would have become my future father-in-law
Graduated uni
Got engaged to The Purple One
Worked on the railway
Moved back to England and got into IT via a consultancy company that paid peanuts and got me commuting 6hrs a day for the last 6 months
Moved to a support job that lasted 9 months - though I'm pretty sure Tim Ark was in my contacts list!
Finally got married after a 6 year engagement, and moved back to Wales and into a new job within two weeks.

Probably sums it up...

I think about x404 often. I used to really enjoy some of the tech discussion that went on here, augmented with the chit-chat. As people started to drop off I saw less and less people wanting to talk about real geeky stuff, and I learnt about Twitter and started following tech people on there.

I have some wonderful memories about this forum and its inhabitants, though.

Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:22 pm
Profile WWW

Lost my job.
Sold up and moved south for a new job.
Bought a house
Lost my job
Got a job
Lost my job
Got a job, paying almost half what I was earning 7 years earlier
Sold the house

Ten years to try and forget, I think.

Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:57 am
Spends far too much time on here

[LIFTED] me.

Can't believe you're all still in here. Spent the day with Prof a week ago.

Happy birthday to you all...

Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:08 am

Joined PcPro or Custom PC forums because of a problem when I was living in Oz and wanted help in English. They were a good laugh because of the link between the magazines as others have mentioned.

Migrated here to X404 in 2009 and since then:

Moved to UK
Moved to Denmark
Moved to OZ
Moved to NZ
Moved to UK very briefly
Moved to Cayman Islands
Moved to Denmark

Still running Windows, wondering when I will settle down. In the last 15 years this current period in Denmark is the longest I have been in one place. Hate Brexit, too many simple options to move and explore gone.

><(((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>
•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>

If one is diving so close to the limits that +/- 1% will make a difference then the error has already been made.

Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2