Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
E10 Fuel - check that your car can use it before filling up 
What's a life?

Quote:
Some of the most popular family cars will be unable to use a new fuel the government hopes to roll out in an effort to cut carbon emissions.

Hundreds of thousands of vehicles, including Volkswagen, Ford and Nissan models, are not compatible with E10 petrol, which has already been introduced across the EU, US and Australia.

https://www.independent.co.uk/environme ... 09856.html

Normally, I’d put this in the News section, but it’s probably more prominent here as knowing about this could save you a lot of problems.

There is a vehicle compatibility list here: https://www.acea.be/publications/articl ... ility-list
Note that while my car is specifically NOT mentioned on the list, it might be OK as it seems the Mercedes equivalent is listed (for clarity: unless my car is specifically listed, I’m not going to risk E10).

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:31 am
What's a life?

We've had E10 for at least 9 years here. When it was first introduced, some manufacturers recommended that people don't use E10 with certain engines, but I assumed all modern cars should be compatible - I drive a diesel, so it isn't an issue.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:21 am
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

I've always used superunleaded in my car. It's VW's FSI engine and meant it would run on standard or super unleaded. The latter produces more power in the car. I'd avoid E10 altogether if I can continue to use superunleaded.

Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:09 am
Has a life

I think you will find that there will be the equivalents to both standard and superunleaded.
All you need to do is use the higher Octane rating one. After all that is what the "super" part of superunleaded actually means.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:51 pm
What's a life?

E10 is the same rating as normal unleaded. It only come in one mixture (91 RON).

Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:04 am
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Doesn't all UK unleaded start at 95 RON?

Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:46 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

I think Super is 95 RON and Super Plus is 98 RON, here in Germany (Unleaded and Super Unleaded in British terms).

Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:52 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]