Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Economic Impact of an Intervention by the Avengers 
What's a life?

Another Avengers film. I stopped watching them at the cinema, pretty much all the same kind of thing in all of them: a lot of cross-character bickering, and a lot of destruction of property.

One thing that I do question is the amount of destruction these characters cause. By the end of every film I have sen, most of a city has been wiped out. Who know what the cost of a rebuild is, not to mention toe inevitable collateral damage. I doubt all of those buildings are empty.

So what}s the cost of all this? You only need a fraction of the destruction in the real world to cause a negative economic bump, so wiping out masses of infrastructure must hurt big time. Yet, it seems that there’s always just endless piles of money to keep on keeping on. The insurance must be astronomical (or non-existent) for companies in any area identified as a potential hot spot. Rebuilding costs must be beyond the reach of most economies. So how come as these films progress, we don”t see the economic effects of all of this?

I kind of think it might just be cheaper to let the bacd guys get on with it.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:37 pm
What's a life?

I've not watched Infinity War yet (plan to do so over the Bank Holiday weekend). Wasn't the events of Captain America: Civil War due to this? The need for accountability because of the destruction. The Chitauri in The Avengers were there to destroy the world in order for humanity to be wiped out.

Would you prefer to have your house destroyed but your family alive?
Or would you prefer your family to be killed or turned into slaves by alien beings?

Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:24 pm

There's already been a financial analysis done of the first Avengers film destruction : Avengers Assemble damage to New York.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:24 pm
Profile WWW
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Just thought I'd stay on topic and post something equally pointless.

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]