Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Acorn Mobile Phone anyone? 
What's a life?

Looks like someone has decided to revive the Acorn brand name and slap it on some Android hardware.

https://www.acorncomputers.com

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:03 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Hexus article
Aside from the Acorn name it doesn't look like there's much to separate it from the crowd.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:11 am
What's a life?

davrosG5 wrote:
Hexus article
Aside from the Acorn name it doesn't look like there's much to separate it from the crowd.

Naming it after Clive Sincair’s electric trike seems a bit odd.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:45 am
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Given my recent experience with smart phone battery life, my next phone won't have anything less than a 4000 mAh battery.

If only the ZenPhone 4 Max had a 1080 screen, it would be perfect for me.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:38 am
Profile WWW
I haven't seen my friends in so long

l3v1ck wrote:
Given my recent experience with smart phone battery life, my next phone won't have anything less than a 4000 mAh battery.

You'll be after one of these then - 16000 mAh battery Energizer (as in the battery brand) Android phone.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:27 am
What's a life?

davrosG5 wrote:
l3v1ck wrote:

You'll be after one of these then - 16000 mAh battery Energizer (as in the battery brand) Android phone.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:17 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

https://www.planetcom.co.uk/

A rethinking of the Psions Series 5MX... It looks really nice, if I hadn't just splashed out on a new phone, I might have nabbed one. As it is, my wife would kill me, if I ordered one.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:03 pm
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

l3v1ck wrote:

I have a Hauwei Mate 10 Pro with 4000 mAh battery. I charged it up at 6 yesterday evening, played a couple of rounds of Bloons TD5 and listened to about an hour of podcasts and audio books on the way to work. It is now 2 in the afternoon and the battery is still at 80%.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:08 pm
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

The problem I have is battery life with constant web browsing, usually while waiting at airports or while on the train.
I'm currently flying a lot through Scatsta, where there's frequently delays and nothing to do except use the free wifi. It's made worse by the fact they won't let you take chargers as hand luggage because you don't see your bags there before you get on the chopper. My record is eight hours sat there eeking out a battery with no way of recharging it. My Xperia Z5 is great in every way except battery life.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

l3v1ck wrote:
The problem I have is battery life with constant web browsing, usually while waiting at airports or while on the train.
I'm currently flying a lot through Scatsta, where there's frequently delays and nothing to do except use the free wifi. It's made worse by the fact they won't let you take chargers as hand luggage because you don't see your bags there before you get on the chopper. My record is eight hours sat there eeking out a battery with no way of recharging it. My Xperia Z5 is great in every way except battery life.

I can get my battery life eaten up by just spending time on Mersea Island, which is 20 minutes drive from Colchester. Battery levels can drop from 100% to 75% in the space of a couple of hours - that’s with some light Twitter/FaceBook use. Back at home, that kind of use will consume about 5% of battery use. I suspect that the phone on Mersea is screaming as loud as it can to the nearest mast and that’s causing the draining. Also, the signal will drop from 3G to GRPS with, seemingly, the change in wind direction. Usually there, I charge my phone twice a day,

Yes, it’s an iPhone 6, but this is a problem I only see in places that are “not spots”. General use back home, or out and about in fairly well covered areas sees battery life being pretty good.

Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:12 am
What's a life?

Have you looked at a USB charger? I bought an 8,000 mAh portable battery with 2 USB ports for my daughter, when she went to a festival last summer. That held her over for the weekend.

Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:00 pm
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

Again, that's not something I can carry through Scatsta as we're not allowed to hand carry spare lithium batteries.
It would have to be checked in at Aberdeen, and I wouldn't see it again until I arrived on the rig.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:52 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]