Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
SORN car help 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Ill try to put this brief, just bought a vauxhaull astra estate which im loving. I already own a peugeot fever and Im trying to SORN it as I want to scrap it or sell some of its parts first, I tried to sorn it using my new keeper V5C but on the website when I try to it says the code is invalid? everytime. I must have to reapply for a logbook from DVLA? Is this what I have to do? if so does anyone have a clue how to go about this?

also if I scrap it at a authorised scrap dealers and hand in my V5C that I have for it will they manage to permanantly sorn it? ending my tax paying for the car. I dont have any logbook or V11 etc for the peugeot.

thanks

Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:19 pm

I think when you SORN the old car, you get refunded the remaining tax (full months only), but as you don't seem to be able to SORN it, I guess that's a problem for you.
There's two ways to SORN the car online, either immediately or at a specified future date.
Immidately needs the 11 digit number from the V5c, if later you need the number from the V11 document.

If you take it to an ATF you'll get a certificate to say it's been destroyed - no certificate is issued if they decide to resell it.
I don't know if ATFs actually SORN cars, but then I'm not anywhere near a real authority on this stuff.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:55 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]