Reply to topic  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 62  Next
Brexit Britain 
What's a life?

Quote:
Boris Johnson quits to add to pressure on May over Brexit
Boris Johnson has resigned as Foreign Secretary amid a growing political crisis over the UK's Brexit strategy.

He is the second senior cabinet minister to quit within hours following Brexit Secretary David Davis's exit.

His departure came shortly before Theresa May is due to address Parliament about her new Brexit plan, which has angered many Tory MPs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44770847

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:34 pm
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
She'll probably be glad to be rid of him.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
Spends far too much time on here

and now it starts to get interesting ...

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:31 pm
What's a life?

Now it starts to get scary.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:46 am
Profile WWW
Occasionally has a life

Boris Johnson lied about EU safety regulation in his resignation letter

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-boris-johnson-lied-about-eu-safety-regulation-in-his-resignation-letter

"I would vote to stay in the single market," Johnson told Sky News in 2013.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-single-market-brexit-campaign-customs-union-2018-1

The man is a master of self promotion .. and loyal to only himself. Good riddance.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:49 pm

l3v1ck wrote:
Now it starts to get scary.

the games afoot, must assuredly afoot ...

Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:27 pm
What's a life?

didgeman wrote:
Boris Johnson lied about EU safety regulation in his resignation letter

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-boris-johnson-lied-about-eu-safety-regulation-in-his-resignation-letter

"I would vote to stay in the single market," Johnson told Sky News in 2013.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-single-market-brexit-campaign-customs-union-2018-1

The man is a master of self promotion .. and loyal to only himself. Good riddance.

He knows that playing a buffoon-like character on camera is what people like. It’s wonderful misdirection. Thing is, Jacob Rees-Mogg is doing much the same.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:52 am
What's a life?

Interesting. Germany is looking at having compulsory blind-spot monitors fitted to the cabs of HGVs to help reduce cyclist deaths (in our case it is a "think of the children" as a spate of mothers and children have been killed or injured lately). They certainly aren't waiting for new EU legislation.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:28 am
Profile ICQ
I haven't seen my friends in so long

big_D wrote:
Interesting. Germany is looking at having compulsory blind-spot monitors fitted to the cabs of HGVs to help reduce cyclist deaths (in our case it is a "think of the children" as a spate of mothers and children have been killed or injured lately). They certainly aren't waiting for new EU legislation.

Or maybe teach kids not to ride up the inside of HGVs?

Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:26 pm
Has a life

Indeed.

Cyclists ought to be forced to pass a proficiency test and carry insurance as well as contribute towards the cost of providing routes for them.

Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:36 pm
What's a life?

big_D wrote:
Interesting. Germany is looking at having compulsory blind-spot monitors fitted to the cabs of HGVs

I'd like them to do that for any HGV that travels in the UK. There've been several instances where I'm in the middle lane of a motorway (or outside lane of a dual carriageway), overtaking a lorry that then decides to indicate and pull out into my lane. Braking would mean a crushed car so I accelerate out of trouble. Blind spot cameras (either side and at the front) would be helpful IMO.

Burn_IT wrote:
Cyclists ought to be forced to pass a proficiency test and carry insurance as well as contribute towards the cost of providing routes for them.

I remember when I was about 8 and had a bike, and some group came to each class, asked who rode a bike and gave out "workbooks" - that had information on cycling, safety etc and then had puzzles or quizzes that related to the information. In this day and age, with increasing numbers of vehicles on the roads, improving cycling proficiency would help. Not all cyclists use hand signals to tell me what they're up to.

Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:22 am
What's a life?

Spreadie wrote:
big_D wrote:

In this case, it is has always been cyclists riding through a green light, where they have right of way and the HGV turning right across the cycle path and not seeing the cyclists - and the kids have usually been either riding with their parents or on child seats on the bikes.

Burn_IT wrote:

You do have to pass a proficiency test, as was the case, when I was at school in the UK, and they generally have at least liability insurance.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:23 am
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

Go to any major UK city during rush hour, and you'll see plenty of cyclists ignoring red traffic light.

Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:42 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

big_D wrote:
Spreadie wrote:
big_D wrote:

In this case, it is has always been cyclists riding through a green light, where they have right of way and the HGV turning right across the cycle path and not seeing the cyclists - and the kids have usually been either riding with their parents or on child seats on the bikes.

Burn_IT wrote:

You do have to pass a proficiency test, as was the case, when I was at school in the UK, and they generally have at least liability insurance.

No you don‘t, and no you didn’t. What was called the Cycling Proficiency Test was never mandatory, and it’s not a requirement for riding on the road. Neither is it’s successor, the Bikeability scheme.

Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:09 am

Quote:
The government has narrowly avoided a defeat on its Customs Bill after agreeing to Brexiteers' demands to change its wording.

It twice survived by just three votes after a backlash from pro-EU Tories who accused Theresa May of "caving in" to the party's Eurosceptic MPs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44854597

the EU will reject it which leads us back to no deal ...

Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 62  Next