Reply to topic  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 62  Next
Brexit Britain 
Occasionally has a life

Yep, The Pound at its lowest rate against the dollar in 50 years can't possibly have anything to do with the market's fear of Brexit.

Pure coincidence.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:02 am
What's a life?

pcernie wrote:
Any company trying to fleece the consumer ANY FURTHER can fcuk right off. Many item prices had gone up by at least a fifth before Brexit!

It's actually good cover for Tesco though - they'd messed up their supply lines long before this.

S'true, I've given up with the Tesco near me as for about the last six months they never seemed to have half my shopping list, even though it was all stuff they'd previously had in stock.

Also, - company that made billions of pounds a quarter profits very recently complains about it's costs going up?

Jon

Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:55 am

paulzolo wrote:
jonbwfc wrote:
big_D wrote:
Bleh! I need more coffee!!

:)
Don't expect Marmite to put on your toast, though.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10 ... th-unilev/
That didn't last long.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:55 pm
Profile WWW

Scotland really wants to stay in the EU.
I don't quite get the bit that says Scotland wants to remain a part of the UK and EU, because how's that going to work? *confused face*

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:22 am
Profile WWW
I haven't seen my friends in so long

timark_uk wrote:
Scotland really wants to stay in the EU.
I don't quite get the bit that says Scotland wants to remain a part of the UK and EU, because how's that going to work? *confused face*

Mark

Well, when has cognitive dissonance ever been a problem for a politician? You know, at least until the consequences actually come round and bite them on the ass.

Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:47 am
What's a life?

Quote:
Tory Councillor Christian Holliday Holds Petition To Make Supporting UK Membership Of EU Treason

A Tory councillor has started a petition to make treasonable the act of opposing Brexit.

Christian Holliday, member of the Guildford Conservative Association, is presumably so incensed by Remainers he is effectively seeking for them to face life imprisonment, the maximum sentence for the offence.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/t ... 3352126b7a

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:19 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

paulzolo wrote:
Quote:
Tory Councillor Christian Holliday Holds Petition To Make Supporting UK Membership Of EU Treason

A Tory councillor has started a petition to make treasonable the act of opposing Brexit.

Christian Holliday, member of the Guildford Conservative Association, is presumably so incensed by Remainers he is effectively seeking for them to face life imprisonment, the maximum sentence for the offence.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/t ... 3352126b7a

Well he can get in the sea. While Brexit did indeed win the referendum it wasn't by anything that could have reliably been called a landslide - 4% difference isn't exactly a lot. The prisons are already full, I somehow doubt they'll be able to cope with almost half of the electorate. :roll:

Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:02 pm
What's a life?

davrosG5 wrote:
Well he can get in the sea.

with a name like 'Christian Holliday', so can his parents.

Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:04 pm
Legend

jonbwfc wrote:
davrosG5 wrote:
Well he can get in the sea.

with a name like 'Christian Holliday', so can his parents.

:lol:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:49 pm
What's a life?

He’s been suspended.
http://www.itv.com/news/london/2016-10- ... f-treason/

Which is ironic, really, because hanging was a punishment for Treason... :lol:

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:36 am
Legend

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-37691270

Er... Answers on a postcard.

May's 'blame parliament, not me'?

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:41 pm
What's a life?

leading banks set to pull out of UK early next year

It's all going swimmingly, isn't it? Not really a surprise at all given the loss of Passporting. Mind you at least it means that, while we'll all be signficantly poorer for the loss of tax revenue, the next time they've ramped up trillions of pounds worth of liabilities we won't be the ones who have to bail them out.

Also note this, stuck on at the end...

Quote:
The scale of the task facing the UK in striking a good Brexit deal with the EU has been put in stark relief by the apparent collapse of the proposed EU-Canada trade pact.

On Saturday,there were frantic diplomatic efforts to salvage a deal after Canada’s international trade minister, Chrystia Freeland, walked out of talks. She described the situation as “impossible” on Friday and cast doubt on the bloc’s ability to operate effectively after the proposals were blocked by a regional administration in Belgium.

Two years, that's all we'll have.

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:58 pm
Spends far too much time on here

if no deal is reached with the EU in that 2 years then it is automatic hard brexit. so why wait get it over and done with asap.
as already seen with ttip and ceta making deals with the EU is much harder then leaving ...

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:23 am
What's a life?

MrStevenRogers wrote:
if no deal is reached with the EU in that 2 years then it is automatic hard brexit. so why wait get it over and done with asap.
as already seen with ttip and ceta making deals with the EU is much harder then leaving ...

Oh it's dead easy to leave. You just vote on it, say you're going to and then sit on your arse . So far, that's exactly what our government appears to be doing.

What's harder is substituting the web of treaties that the rest of the world has with the EU (and, as we've previously been part of the single market, implicitly with the UK) with a bunch of explicit treaties.

Or, don't do any of that and get the [LIFTED] end of the stick in trade deals with pretty much every developed country on planet earth. Because if you don't have anything better explicitly agreed, the [LIFTED] end of the stick is all you'll get.

Seriously, you've been told this stuff a dozen times now. How has it not sunk in at all yet?

Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:36 am
Spends far too much time on here

jonbwfc wrote:
MrStevenRogers wrote:

Oh it's dead easy to leave. You just vote on it, say you're going to and then sit on your arse . So far, that's exactly what our government appears to be doing.

What's harder is substituting the web of treaties that the rest of the world has with the EU (and, as we've previously been part of the single market, implicitly with the UK) with a bunch of explicit treaties.

Or, don't do any of that and get the [LIFTED] end of the stick in trade deals with pretty much every developed country on planet earth. Because if you don't have anything better explicitly agreed, the [LIFTED] end of the stick is all you'll get.

Seriously, you've been told this stuff a dozen times now. How has it not sunk in at all yet?

no not really as i remember the world wide trade deals we had before the EEC let alone the EU.
when we leave the EU which i believe will be a nasty hard and a fast exit we shall do the trade world wide.
these deals for world wide trade will have changed as the world has changed but getting trade deals world wide will not be that difficult especially as we can hire the best negotiators from around the world to advise on these deals.

the only short trading stick i see is the EU ...

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 62  Next