Reply to topic  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 62  Next
Brexit Britain 
Spends far too much time on here

saspro wrote:
MrStevenRogers wrote:
saspro wrote:
Go on then, I'll bite.

Can you explain why the best deal for the UK is "no deal"?

you are going to need to take a leap of faith, the proof of any pudding is in the eating, sit back and relax. have a nice day saspro ...

Erm, that's not a reply.

The problem with the pudding is that the people promising the pudding have realised they can't make pudding & quit. That's left the kitchen cleaner & HR manager in charge of making pudding and they don't know the difference between a chocolate fondant & dog [LIFTED].

But anyway, I'm honestly interested (I might have missed some new somewhere).

Why is "no deal" the best for the UK?

patience, which doesn't seem to be your thing, wait and watch everything is happening faster then you think ...

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:20 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

MrStevenRogers wrote:
i am not walking into your ball game, i post stats you post stats, it goes on and on and around and around.
but i know this my stats are better then your stats. live with it ...

There's the thing. AFAIR you have never posted anything other than trite bullsh!t to justify your assertions and certainly nothing verifiable or investigable like statistics.
You label anything you disagree with as fake news or project fear while providing nothing to back up your blind faith that it'll all be fine.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:20 am

davrosG5 wrote:
MrStevenRogers wrote:
i am not walking into your ball game, i post stats you post stats, it goes on and on and around and around.
but i know this my stats are better then your stats. live with it ...

There's the thing. AFAIR you have never posted anything other than trite bullsh!t to justify your assertions and certainly nothing verifiable or investigable like statistics.
You label anything you disagree with as fake news or project fear while providing nothing to back up your blind faith that it'll all be fine.

we will have to wait and see, shall we not ...

Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:24 am
What's a life?

Quote:
.@theresa_may says 70 "technical notices" for businesses and households will be published in Aug and Sept setting out how we can all prepare for a no-deal Brexit (should that be what happens). Yikes

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1019594403525136384

Quote:
European Commission to warn member states to prepare for no-deal Brexit
New guidance will released as Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab holds his first talks with EU negotiator Michel Barnier.

http://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/europea ... 4284495548

Quote:
'Prepare for NO DEAL BREXIT' May warns businesses and homes to GET READY
DOZENS of documents instructing businesses and households on how to prepare for a "no deal" Brexit are to be published in the coming months, Theresa May said today.

Under questions from senior MPs on a cross-party Commons committee, the Prime Minister confirmed that work on measures needed to protect the economy and borders in the event of the EU exit negotiations collapsing is to be drastically stepped up over the summer.

"Over August and September we are going to be releasing a number of technical notifications to set out what UK citizens and businesses need to do in a no deal scenario, so making much more public awareness of the preparations," she told the Liaison Committee, which is made up of the chairman of all Commons Select Committees.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... heresa-may
And that’s Brexit cheerleader paper The Daily Express.

I am also seeing anecdotal posts on Twitter that are from businesses that are closing down because they are too small to cope with the idea of a hard Brexit, and with no guidelines from the government, the prospects look so dire that closing seems to be the only option.

This is a small but punchy thread.
Quote:
So pissed off tonight, 2 years after #Brexit vote, finally clear that I must close our manufacturing business. #Tory gov giving no assurance that from 30 March 19 customs clearance charges & docs will not be required for every EU export.
Not sure how I will look staff in the eye

No idea why I should bother filling out intrastat, corp tax return.
Last week 1 year pain diagnosed a hernia, after 17 years lifting boxes - in a small biz, company secretary also goods out. No matter what happens now damage cannot be undone

Hope @conservatives are proud to [LIFTED] all over British manufacturing, entreprenuers, & grafters. Our tiny business £150k p.a. in VAT, corp tax, PAYE & business rates - but multiply that by thousands of business

Bollocks to democracy, [LIFTED] the will of the people, there should never has been the referendum in the 1st place, ask a stupid question and get a stupid answer, but it's people's lives being [LIFTED] up
oh and can I finish early for summer and ignore my responsibilities?

I was proud to manufacturer our own British product, sell it worldwide (mostly EU, but every continent), to create jobs, and give people down on their luck opportunity. What is happening to this country is beyond disgace. End.
Now find me a large whisky.

https://twitter.com/mightbnormal/status ... 6996322304
This resonates, simply because of my employment status. I am self employed, and pretty much all my clients - even the little ones - export and import. A major client is a manufacturer. They are small, probably 12 - 15 people in the offices - they export to most places, apart from a couple where the import tariffs are massive (and I believe that Norway is one such place). If Brexit forces them to cut back significantly, or to go down the tubes, then I’m stuffed. Literally. This will be car selling, shut up shop and find a job in Morrisons stuffed (if, of course, they’d have me... my CV may be a bit too advanced for a shelf-stacker). You cannot do business these days without selling overseas or bringing in stuff from overseas. Businesses plan ahead 12, 24 months. They certainly need to be assured of the state of play for the 2019/20 tax year now. Not in a few months time, not in March 2019. Now. Actually, make that SIX MONTHS AGO. Right now, there is absolutely NO indication from government about what the state of play will be next year. God, they can’t even seem to know what the situation will be by the end of today.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:15 pm
Occasionally has a life

Mr Rogers, you are a Troll.

Nothing more or less. You have no debate, no answers to questions. Just thoughtless sound bites and childish retorts.

This thread reminds me of a saying:

"Never ague with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience".

Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:18 pm
Official forum cat lady

didgeman wrote:
Mr Rogers, you are a Troll.

Agreed

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:03 pm
Official forum cat lady

James O'Brien Gets Schooled On Brexit By A Farmer From Devon

Worth a listen

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:55 pm
Doesn't have much of a life

TBH I don't know why you guys even bother.

I've found it far easier on my sanity to put Mr Rogers on ignore.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:59 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

BigRedX wrote:

He’s our Brexit Spokesman, here with the up to the minute news and views from the Brexit camp. The fact that he’s come up with nothing other than blind faith is neither here nor there. I’m sure he’s busy ferreting out the list of businesses who are queuing up to set up shop here on 1st April 2019, and indeed other excellent economic forecasts which paint a better picture, with, of course, fully verifiable links from reliable sources.

Ahem.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:14 pm
Occasionally has a life

Have you read the comments below that story? Wow - worth a read just to get the general idea of the level of vitriol ...

I genuinely think people are losing their minds.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:06 pm
Official forum cat lady

didgeman wrote:

Have you read the comments below that story? Wow - worth a read just to get the general idea of the level of vitriol ...

I genuinely think people are losing their minds.

Looks like MrStevenRogers has a lot of accounts :lol:

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:12 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

BigRedX wrote:

Funnily enough, I did the very same last week.

He has nothing to add to any debate and doesn't have the sense to understand what he voted for - little point in listening to him bleat the same bs every time he's challenged.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkvEp_B5Kq8 ;)

Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:55 pm

looks like project hope beats project fear ...

Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:07 am
Site Admin

MrStevenRogers wrote:
looks like project hope beats project fear ...

I've only ever done it with a chicken so far, but if required I wouldn't have any problems doing it with other animals at all.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:35 am
Profile WWW

Quote:
If Chequers is rejected, either by Parliament or by Brussels, then a third option is being prepared: a no-deal Brexit

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... ervatives/

Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 62  Next