Reply to topic  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 62  Next
Brexit Britain 
Doesn't have much of a life

paulzolo wrote:
There was a UKIP gazebo in the High Street on Saturday. As soon as it started raining, they packed up and went (rain then turned into hail).

Not exactly hardcore leavers determined to get their message across then!

Wed May 08, 2019 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
Spends far too much time on here

i see the cult of remain are in full swing. await the 23rd ...

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Fri May 10, 2019 3:10 pm

i do hope that you went to vote in the EU elections that never ever should have been held, i did along with every other member of my family ...

Thu May 23, 2019 2:19 pm

the results for the election that should never have taken place are coming in. oh dear the, 6 week old, Brexit party seem to be winning.
full results tomorrow ...

Mon May 27, 2019 1:52 am
What's a life?

MrStevenRogers wrote:
the results for the election that should never have taken place are coming in. oh dear the, 6 week old, Brexit party seem to be winning.
full results tomorrow ...

Brexit Party basically got all of UKIP’s votes, and some from the Tories, so it’s in much the same position as UKIP was last week. It’s not a FPTP election, nor was it a UK election, so declaring a single party as a winner in that content needs to be done across the EU as a whole. Still wondering what the Brexit Party stands for on other issues, as they won’t tell us.

Also, numbers being crunched show an interesting picture from https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48403131 :
Biggest loss of votes was UKIP, with a drop of 24.3%. Brexit Party gains 31.6%, the Tories lose 14.8%

This chart doesn’t take into account the Conservative Parry (which seems to be having its own issues at the moment), and the Labour Party which really doesn’t have a clue about a lot of things, let alone its Brexit stance.

Looks like the Pro Brexit parties returned fewer seats than the Anti Brexit parties.

The message sent by the electorate is, again, bewilderingly complex, and it’s again not an ideal binary answer that satisfies one side or the other. It does show a stronger anti-Brexit push than I think many expected.

Expect more pontificating, shuffling of feet, distraction and others as the injured parties try to explain away the issues, talk about “lessons being learned” and more.

Turnout was about 36.7%, which is poor.

I saw a chart yesterday showing how people’s voting shifted between the last EU election and this one. If I find it again, I’ll post it here as it’s fascinating to see how people’s voting patters change, especially in times like this.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Tue May 28, 2019 9:01 am

if this had been a GE the Brexit party would have won a larger majority then labour in there hay day under tony blair ...

Tue May 28, 2019 9:24 am
Occasionally has a life

Ifs and Buts.

It wasn't a GE.

Anti Brexit parties took more votes than pro Brexit parties.

UKIP is dead.

Farrage is still the Pied Piper.

Fat Lady STILL hasn't sung ..

Tue May 28, 2019 12:02 pm

didgeman wrote:
Ifs and Buts.

It wasn't a GE.

Anti Brexit parties took more votes than pro Brexit parties.

UKIP is dead.

Farrage is still the Pied Piper.

Fat Lady STILL hasn't sung ..

no ifs or buts on this one. how many times do cult remain have to lose elections/referendums. the largest single block of MEPs now in the EU (so called) parliament are the Brexit party.

we are leaving and the more this continues the more likely with a WTO deal only. oh happy days.

just as a ps.
your right the lady hasn't but when she does its going to be a tune you will not like ...

Tue May 28, 2019 8:08 pm
Occasionally has a life

No If's and Buts ...

Really?

"IF THIS HAD BEEN A GM" - well it wasn't a GM.

UKIP did well in previous EU elections. Remind me how many seats they got at the last 2 GEs?

You may get brexit .. no one currently knows, including you.

It all depends what we vote for in the next referendum which is coming. :D

She's starting to warm her voice and the tune is quite appealing ..

Wed May 29, 2019 8:54 am
What's a life?

Quote:
But the figures which are most striking for me is that a mere three years after referendum, Farage and co could only convert 5,802,996 out of 17,410,742 into votes for a No Deal Brexit.

While 6,085,641 sign to Remain in petition, and 6,578,927 vote for explicit Remain parties.

https://twitter.com/davidallengreen/sta ... 4061450240

Quote:
So about twelve million people voted for Brexit then did not support the Hard Brexit parties in the European Parliament election.

Am not a political commentator, but that does seem quite a steep drop if a Hard Brexit is genuinely the "Will of the People".

Roughly, only a third.

https://twitter.com/davidallengreen/sta ... 8329388032

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Wed May 29, 2019 9:27 am

thats why cult remain are going to lose again and again and again. but we will be leaving, no more extensions which would completely destroy the Tory party. a court case in progress regarding the legal leave date 29/3. not withstanding the EU election results in France, Italy and the UK. cult remain just cant abide democracy and just dont get it and most likely never will but ha ho. but please take note the EU elections have swung the voting in these elections to extremes, left and right, if the Brexit party holds sway in the next GE, which i have every reason to believe they will, then this country moves to the right further then its ever been. cult remain may have created there very worst nightmare and i do hope by voting for them to bring it on and ram it home, all the results so far in elections and referendums mean thus, we are rocking your world. cult remain will not win this, not now, not for the foreseeable, not ever. i and others who believe in democracy will ensure that you never, ever will. please have a nice EU day ...

Wed May 29, 2019 7:09 pm
Doesn't have much of a life

Hi Steve,
I sincerely believe you are misguided.
Calling the "remainers" a cult is for effect?
Oh and I'm not sure I would appreciate living in a country further to the right of the appalling state of play we currently enjoy.
I have no argument that will alter your opinion, I just wanted to remind you that we do not agree on this.

Thu May 30, 2019 6:41 am
Occasionally has a life

One side of this argument blindly follow the preaching of a slightly dodgy chatacter ignoring all the evidence of damage because "we don't like being told what to do".

The other side listen to the evidence of EXPERTS in their field when they tell us that Brexit would be highly damaging and make their decision based on this evidence.

Which side is the cult?

Thu May 30, 2019 9:24 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Wasting your time, guys.

Thu May 30, 2019 6:45 pm

E. F. Benson wrote:
Hi Steve,
I sincerely believe you are misguided.
Calling the "remainers" a cult is for effect?
Oh and I'm not sure I would appreciate living in a country further to the right of the appalling state of play we currently enjoy.
I have no argument that will alter your opinion, I just wanted to remind you that we do not agree on this.

sir. have you seen the results not just of the referendum (leave or remain) but the EU elections. not forgetting 2 GE between. the referendum the largest and biggest turn out for a vote in the history of this country.

yet undermined by those that fail too except that majority vote. the majority just happens to be how democracy works, whether you like/except that fact or not.

with that rejection we move into very dangerous waters, the majority are being undermined by the minority by any and all means possible.
all party's (Labour,Tory and LibDem) stated in manifesto they would respect and abide by the vote. that has not been done.

the only other option is for the majority to vote for something else that will abide by the majority vote.

please note. Labour wiped in Scotland and under extreme pressure in Wales. also if Labour place a 2nd referendum on the table there heartlands that voted leave will leave them. (there are other investigations also underway). the Tory's if they go for a further extension date will have mastered there own demise.

that leaves in a very volatile future GE options to vote from both sides (Labour, Tory) for something else (do you really think that will be LibDem).

that means the UK will move to the right more then ever before (there isn't a choice) . democracy is either upheld or ... i will let you make your own mind up and fill in the blanks ...

Thu May 30, 2019 10:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 62  Next