Reply to topic  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 62  Next
Brexit Britain 
Site Admin

The EU will not force us to leave. It's the idiots in the UK trying that.

And on the subject of no deal, I'll leave this here

I've only ever done it with a chicken so far, but if required I wouldn't have any problems doing it with other animals at all.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:20 am
Profile WWW
Spends far too much time on here

saspro wrote:
The EU will not force us to leave. It's the idiots in the UK trying that.

(project fear removed)

And on the subject of no deal, I'll leave this here

saspro if you cant see the wood from the trees then so be it.
the EU only want the UK to remain or force us to leave with no deal.
we are leaving but trying to get a deal. the outcome will be no deal and the EU will enforce that.

just for interest my support has always been for no deal and leave completely ourselves, but the EU will enforce leaving with no deal.
there is a difference but it may be lost in the upcoming fray ...

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:06 am
Official forum cat lady

Is it me or is this thread incredibly repetitve?

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:25 am

oceanicitl wrote:
Is it me or is this thread incredibly repetitve?

yep, going around in every deceasing circles until it vanishes up its own thread ...

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:27 am
Site Admin

Wood for the trees?
Maybe a bit of background will help.

I run a service business with clients across Europe, the Middle East & Australia. As part of this, we have to trade in hardware/items which are traded worldwide in $.
Since the referendum we've seen 60% rises in the costs of procuring & providing services (weak £ to $). This of course means we have to raise prices to cover costs. Whilst this looks great for our turnover on paper, the knock on effect is customers can't afford things, they end up not getting the services they need to run their business and have to bump things up for their customers (who are Joe Public). When that doesn't work they freeze wages for their staff & start cutting staffing numbers.

This ends up meaning the Public pay more for things (without wage increases etc) & people lose their jobs.

This is the reality of the issue & why it's a fcuking stupid idea to try for no deal.

I've only ever done it with a chicken so far, but if required I wouldn't have any problems doing it with other animals at all.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:45 am
Profile WWW
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Did anyone see the thing about WTO Rules and the effects on the price of milk and other dairy products?

Clickety

74% tariff on imported milk. And we don't produce enough for our needs in the UK. Capacity could be expanded in the long term but if we find ourselves suddenly on WTO rules your cup of tea/coffee or anything with cheese in it is going to be a lot more expensive for a while.

To those trumpeting leaving without a deal how long do you think the great British public will tolerate the costs imposed by WTO rules in the short term (probably at least 5 years while we hammer out trade deals with other countries or become a vassal state to the USA because we're so desperate)?
There'll be plenty of horrible consequences just in time for a general election - I wonder if anyone other than the Lib Dems will stand on a platform of rejoining.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:02 am

davrosG5 wrote:
Did anyone see the thing about WTO Rules and the effects on the price of milk and other dairy products?

Clickety

74% tariff on imported milk. And we don't produce enough for our needs in the UK. Capacity could be expanded in the long term but if we find ourselves suddenly on WTO rules your cup of tea/coffee or anything with cheese in it is going to be a lot more expensive for a while.

To those trumpeting leaving without a deal how long do you think the great British public will tolerate the costs imposed by WTO rules in the short term (probably at least 5 years while we hammer out trade deals with other countries or become a vassal state to the USA because we're so desperate)?
There'll be plenty of horrible consequences just in time for a general election - I wonder if anyone other than the Lib Dems will stand on a platform of rejoining.

more project fear, please carry on ...

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:33 am

saspro wrote:
Wood for the trees?

I run a service business with clients across Europe, the Middle East & Australia. As part of this, we have to trade in hardware/items which are traded worldwide in $.
Since the referendum we've seen 60% rises in the costs of procuring & providing services (weak £ to $). This of course means we have to raise prices to cover costs. Whilst this looks great for our turnover on paper, the knock on effect is customers can't afford things, they end up not getting the services they need to run their business and have to bump things up for their customers (who are Joe Public). When that doesn't work they freeze wages for their staff & start cutting staffing numbers.

This ends up meaning the Public pay more for things (without wage increases etc) & people lose their jobs.

This is the reality of the issue & why it's a fcuking stupid idea to try for no deal.

you will have to deal with them as a non EU member, are you prepared.
if not, its your failure you have been given enough warnings ...

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:35 am
Site Admin

MrStevenRogers wrote:
saspro wrote:
Wood for the trees?

I run a business, of course we've planned for everything. It's people like yourself who should be worried. You can't rely on other people sorting out the mess you helped create.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:40 am
Profile WWW

saspro wrote:
MrStevenRogers wrote:
saspro wrote:
Wood for the trees?

I run a business, of course we've planned for everything. It's people like yourself who should be worried. You can't rely on other people sorting out the mess you helped create.

then sit back and relax and you will never have to sort anything out for me, as i am fully prepared for the best outcome, no deal ...

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:44 am
Site Admin

Go on then, I'll bite.

Can you explain why the best deal for the UK is "no deal"?

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:54 am
Profile WWW

saspro wrote:
Go on then, I'll bite.

you are going to need to take a leap of faith, the proof of any pudding is in the eating, sit back and relax. have a nice day saspro ...

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:59 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

MrStevenRogers wrote:
saspro wrote:
Go on then, I'll bite.

you are going to need to take a leap of faith, the proof of any pudding is in the eating, sit back and relax. have a nice day saspro ...

That'll be a no then.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:11 am
Site Admin

MrStevenRogers wrote:
saspro wrote:
Go on then, I'll bite.

Erm, that's not a reply.

The problem with the pudding is that the people promising the pudding have realised they can't make pudding & quit. That's left the kitchen cleaner & HR manager in charge of making pudding and they don't know the difference between a chocolate fondant & dog [LIFTED].

But anyway, I'm honestly interested (I might have missed some new somewhere).

Why is "no deal" the best for the UK?

Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:14 am
Profile WWW

davrosG5 wrote:
MrStevenRogers wrote:
saspro wrote:
Go on then, I'll bite.

That'll be a no then.

i am not walking into your ball game, i post stats you post stats, it goes on and on and around and around.
but i know this my stats are better then your stats. live with it ...

Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 62  Next