Reply to topic  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 62  Next
Brexit Britain 
Spends far too much time on here

Quote:
Spain is handed the right to BLOCK Gibraltar from any Brexit deal by the small print. It effectively hands Madrid a veto over the deal as May could be forced to leave the outpost in the wilderness or quit Brussels with no deal at all.

you just cant negotiate with the EU its their way or the highway.
start to understand we are leaving without any deal, WTO all the way.
please have a nice day ...

and just to add.

Quote:
An EU charter that has stopped some foreign criminals from being deported will be scrapped as part of an overhaul of laws to make Brexit work.

The Charter of Fundamental Rights, which offers a more expansive register of rights than the UK's Human Rights Act, has been seen by critics as stopping UK courts deporting criminals. It has also been used by convicted offenders to get news stories deleted from the internet under the so-called 'right to be forgotten'.

Brexit Secretary David Davis has confirmed the charter will not be written into UK law as part of the Great Repeal Bill, which transfers EU law on to the British statute book.

the sooner the better. oh happy days ...

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:27 pm
What's a life?

paulzolo wrote:
It may be seen to be far too damaging and costly to leave, and we’ll withdraw from Article 50.

The people forcing it through aren't going to feel any of the pain, bear any of the cost or take any of the damage. So almost certainly not. Quite a lot of the people who voted for it are but, y'know, more fool them frankly.

Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:45 am
What's a life?

Gibraltar’s in the mix now.

Quote:
Brexit: Government 'to stand up' for Gibraltar's interests
The UK has said it will stand up for Gibraltar's interests after the territory accused Spain of using Brexit to forward its territorial aims.

After reported lobbying from Spain, the EU's Brexit negotiation strategy is that decisions affecting Gibraltar will be run past the Spanish government.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39465631

Never really understood Gibraltar, and the obsession surrounding it. It seems a hangover from colonial days, and people seem to get really stuck on the notion of it not being something to do with us any more. We seem to spend an awful lot of time and resources lining on to it. Resources which, in this day and age, could be better off spent more close to home. (looks at NHS)

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:20 am
What's a life?

Obviously there was a time where Gibraltar was a place of massive strategic value. Since we invented the aeroplane, not so much. It's now a case of supporting the wishes of the population living there. That pesky democracy again. It would I think be interesting though if we had a referendum of Gibraltar and the 'mainland UK' on it's future.

Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:29 am

i believe the Spanish are going use Gib as a bargaining piece because when we leave the EU they are going to lose the fishing rights in UK waters. when these waters return to us fishing will become a multi billion pound business for the UK ...

Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:12 pm
What's a life?

MrStevenRogers wrote:
i believe the Spanish are going use Gib as a bargaining piece because when we leave the EU they are going to lose the fishing rights in UK waters. when these waters return to us fishing will become a multi billion pound business for the UK ...

It already is. However I don't think they'll be too happy about the 15% they'll have to add to the prices of all the fish they try to export if we're sticking to WTO rules. Plus fish.. you have to process & freeze it first if you want to ship it far, which all adds to the price. All the places we would be selling fresh fish to, we've just massively pissed off.

Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:19 pm
What's a life?

Brexit has caused a pro-European feeling on the mainland, resulting in marches in major cities across Germany to celebrate 60 years of the EU, ahead of elections this year. The marches spread to Ireland, Denmark and Austria.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/eu ... -1.3025423

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:24 am
Profile ICQ

Seems that Arron Banks fellow really is a jolly nice chap:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... tin-russia

:roll:

Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:11 pm
Profile WWW
Legend

Brexit: No 10 'doesn't recognise' account of Juncker dinner - BBC News
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39770328

They come across as a right pair of arseholes as usual then...

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Mon May 01, 2017 3:10 pm
What's a life?

pcernie wrote:
Brexit: No 10 'doesn't recognise' account of Juncker dinner - BBC News
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39770328

They come across as a right pair of arseholes as usual then...

While that account has to be read with the knowledge that there’ll be a bit of spin on it (originally written for a German newspaper, I believe), there’s just too much in there that really seems to fit the bill. I have no confidence that the PM and her team does have the competence to negotiate their way out of a wet paper bag, let alone a massive organisation like the EU.

And the other 27 EU nations suddenly being unified about something and having a plan? Who’d have thought it?

We’ll be negotiating our way back in in a decade.

Tue May 02, 2017 8:58 am
Legend

Brexit: Theresa May says she'll be 'bloody difficult' to Juncker - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39784170

Beligerant arseholes fighting should get us a marvelous deal!

Juncker has always seemed a right odious git though...

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Tue May 02, 2017 4:22 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Seriously, wtf did she expect?

We're the ones who are leaving - of course they are going to rinse us dry at every opportunity - their interest is what is best for the EU, not a bunch of island apes who are making life difficult.

Tue May 02, 2017 4:58 pm
What's a life?

The UK wanted to leave the good trading conditions behind them and the EU wants to make it clear to anyone else, that they will be at a disadvantage if they leave...

May has to be really dumb if she didn't realise that going in, so I'm assuming this is just playing for the UK cameras, such an attitude certainly won't help her case in Europe.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Wed May 03, 2017 4:59 am
Profile ICQ

there wont be a deal. after the election the community act will be revoked and i expect we will be leaving the EU shortly after ...

Wed May 03, 2017 5:15 pm
What's a life?

Quote:
How the UK government is making a successful Brexit difficult

Here is a thought experiment: what would it take, in practice, for a UK government to self-sabotage a “successful” Brexit? And how would that differ from current policy?

https://www.ft.com/content/ea5c01f1-3ac ... fe439243f3

TL:DR:
Quote:
As it stands, however, it is hard to see how even committed Remainers could do more than the current government in sabotaging the UK’s prospect of a successful Brexit.

Fri May 05, 2017 12:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 62  Next