Reply to topic  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 62  Next
Brexit Britain 
What's a life?

big_D wrote:
I got my citizenship test certificate on Saturday, 30/33 points, I needed 17 to qualify.

The language test result has arrived at home, so waiting to see what that says.

Then I can apply for citizenship.

Well done!

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:59 pm
What's a life?

Passed the language test with flying colors as well.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:07 pm
Profile ICQ
Spends far too much time on here

big_D wrote:

congrats big_D. sadly we dont do the same tests in the UK. we should and must, just as Germany has done ...

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:13 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

MrStevenRogers wrote:
big_D wrote:

congrats big_D. sadly we dont do the same tests in the UK. we should and must, just as Germany has done ...

Actually we do administer this kind of test. I know someone who does them.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:14 am
Site Admin

davrosG5 wrote:
MrStevenRogers wrote:
big_D wrote:

Actually we do administer this kind of test. I know someone who does them.

We do indeed do them in the UK. As part of citizenship & if you want to come to a UK Uni etc

I've only ever done it with a chicken so far, but if required I wouldn't have any problems doing it with other animals at all.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:02 am
Profile WWW

its not a very hard type of test, unlike the testing big_D has had. if anybody who wishes to remain or become a citizen of the UK they should at least read, write and speak English and be tested on such. if they cant then they can not remain in the UK ...

Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:04 pm
What's a life?

The test is designed for people with 2 - 3 months worth of German training - 2 hours a day.

Hardly surprising I passed with flying colours (100%) after living in the country for 16 years.

Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:12 am
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

MrStevenRogers wrote:
its not a very hard type of test, unlike the testing big_D has had. if anybody who wishes to remain or become a citizen of the UK they should at least read, write and speak English and be tested on such. if they cant then they can not remain in the UK ...

Saspro should know how hard the test is, but I assume it is of an equivalent level to the German test.

Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:13 am
Profile ICQ
Site Admin

big_D wrote:
MrStevenRogers wrote:

Saspro should know how hard the test is, but I assume it is of an equivalent level to the German test.

UK tests are on par with the German ones, require a very good level of English (reading & writing are especially hard) to pass, in fact I'd say a lot of people born in the UK world fail it.

Of course, this is a fact as such won't register with some people

I've only ever done it with a chicken so far, but if required I wouldn't have any problems doing it with other animals at all.

Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:25 pm
Profile WWW

saspro wrote:
big_D wrote:
MrStevenRogers wrote:

UK tests are on par with the German ones, require a very good level of English (reading & writing are especially hard) to pass, in fact I'd say a lot of people born in the UK world fail it.

Of course, this is a fact as such won't register with some people

if you say so ...

Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:17 pm
What's a life?

Finally had all my papers together and went to the Immigration department yesterday. Was back out in less than 10 minutes, the woman was impressed I actually had all the papers correctly gathered together.

She just needs to pull in reports from the police and other government agencies to check there are no outstanding warrants or convictions. That will take about 4 weeks, if there are no problems, I'll probably get my citizenship certificate in a ceremony at the end of February.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:27 am
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

big_D wrote:
Finally had all my papers together and went to the Immigration department yesterday. Was back out in less than 10 minutes, the woman was impressed I actually had all the papers correctly gathered together.

She just needs to pull in reports from the police and other government agencies to check there are no outstanding warrants or convictions. That will take about 4 weeks, if there are no problems, I'll probably get my citizenship certificate in a ceremony at the end of February.

That’s good then.

Meanwhile, here in the UK, the ongoing [LIFTED] continues. It’s not not about Brexit, but whether Labour feels it can trigger a General Election or a vote of no confidence in the government. Whatever happens, we’ll get all sides claiming a victory.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:00 pm
What's a life?

Yes, it is also one of the big news stories over here at the moment, it has been since before Christmas.

I read the transcript of David Lammy's speech to Parliament over Brexit from January 10th. That was a great speech and seemed to be to the point.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:24 pm
Profile ICQ

Historic defeat in the Commons this evening for the proposed deal.
Motion of 'no confidence' tabled by Jeremy Corbyn, to be heard tomorrow, and the DUP has already said it'll make good on the terms of the bribe by siding with Theresa May.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:57 pm
Profile WWW
I haven't seen my friends in so long

timark_uk wrote:
Historic defeat in the Commons this evening for the proposed deal.
Motion of 'no confidence' tabled by Jeremy Corbyn, to be heard tomorrow, and the DUP has already said it'll make good on the terms of the bribe by siding with Theresa May.

Mark

Yeah, because it's likely nobody else will give Arlene Foster the time of day, so they'll want to cling on to whatever concessions they squeezed out of May.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 62  Next