Reply to topic  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 62  Next
Brexit Britain 
Spends far too much time on here

TheFrenchun wrote:
MrStevenRogers wrote:
the A50 letter has been signed and is now winging its way to the EU. it will be handed to the EU tomorrow ...

At least something happens which isn't TM talking bollocks. Now to get an agreement on trade, travel, standards, borders, nuclear agency etc

i do hope not. as i don't wish any agreement with the EU other then trade under WTO.

90 days notice to leave the EU then on the 91st day sign trade agreements with the rest of the world.
the EU can stew in its own mess of its own making and the UK will not have to part of it or clear it up ...

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:13 pm
What's a life?

MrStevenRogers wrote:
TheFrenchun wrote:
MrStevenRogers wrote:
the A50 letter has been signed and is now winging its way to the EU. it will be handed to the EU tomorrow ...

At least something happens which isn't TM talking bollocks. Now to get an agreement on trade, travel, standards, borders, nuclear agency etc

i do hope not. as i don't wish any agreement with the EU other then trade under WTO.

90 days notice to leave the EU then on the 91st day sign trade agreements with the rest of the world.
the EU can stew in its own mess of its own making and the UK will not have to part of it or clear it up ...

The ballot paper had no such option on it. It was a simple binary choice. You get what you get, and you’ll put up with the consequences, just like everyone else will.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:57 pm
Official forum cat lady

Looks like it's time I start the process for dual citizenship. Sometimes it's handy being the offspring of an immigrant :D

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:01 pm

Quote:

Quote:
The ballot paper had no such option on it. It was a simple binary choice. You get what you get, and you’ll put up with the consequences, just like everyone else will.

i am happy that you start to understand leave means leave end of story ...

Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:36 pm

oceanicitl wrote:
Looks like it's time I start the process for dual citizenship. Sometimes it's handy being the offspring of an immigrant :D

i hope that is with added cornflakes ...

Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:38 pm
Official forum cat lady

oceanicitl wrote:

Quote:
If you were born between 1 January 1967 and 31 December 1984

You are a Belgian citizen if you met the conditions under point A (above) before 01.01.1985

OR

You have been a Belgian citizen since 01.01.1985 if you met the conditions under point C below.

Excellent!

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:51 pm
Official forum cat lady

MrStevenRogers wrote:
oceanicitl wrote:

i hope that is with added cornflakes ...

Might go for rice krispies

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:52 pm
What's a life?

MrStevenRogers wrote:

Why? Why would you want the UK to have a poor trading position? The WTO rules are the last resort of the incompetent / those not in a position to bargain.

MrStevenRogers wrote:

:lol: :lol: 90 days to make decent trading agreements with the rest of the world? :lol: :lol:

Do you have any idea of how long these agreements generally take to form and be signed off?

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:26 pm
Profile ICQ

big_D wrote:
MrStevenRogers wrote:

Why? Why would you want the UK to have a poor trading position? The WTO rules are the last resort of the incompetent / those not in a position to bargain.

MrStevenRogers wrote:

:lol: :lol: 90 days to make decent trading agreements with the rest of the world? :lol: :lol:

Do you have any idea of how long these agreements generally take to form and be signed off?

No, apparently Britain is "special" and what is required of everyone else will remarkably not be required of the UK. And no, despite it being pointed out by multiple people, he still fails to realise that WTO rules are an utter catastrophe. But that's fine, because of reasons.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:59 pm
Profile WWW
Doesn't have much of a life

Time to rejoice in the fact that when it all goes completely tits up I have a German mother and a Scottish father.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:48 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

jonlumb wrote:
And no, despite it being pointed out by multiple people, he still fails to realise that WTO rules are an utter catastrophe. But that's fine, because of reasons.

Just as an example, I found out this week that the standard WTO Tariff on lamb meat is 25%. TWENTY FIVE PERCENT. And that's not even the bad end of the regime apparently. Going WTO renders a large chunk of our farming industry utterly uncompetitive with the rest of the world. Yes, we'll be able to do the same to them but I figure the rest of the world buys more lamb than the UK does and they can just buy it from New Zealand instead anyway. And then in ten year's time when the majority of our hill farmers have gone bankrupt or quit or sodding committed suicide, what exactly are we going to do? Buy it in from abroad at whatever price they want to charge, because we won't have any choice.

I'm sorry - if you think WTO trading rules are a viable position for the British economy, you are ACTUALLY mad. I mean that genuinely, I can't make a good argument for your sanity.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:37 pm
Officially Mrs saspro

jonbwfc wrote:
jonlumb wrote:
And no, despite it being pointed out by multiple people, he still fails to realise that WTO rules are an utter catastrophe. But that's fine, because of reasons.

Just as an example, I found out this week that the standard WTO Tariff on lamb meat is 25%. TWENTY FIVE PERCENT. And that's not even the bad end of the regime apparently. Going WTO renders a large chunk of our farming industry utterly uncompetitive with the rest of the world. Yes, we'll be able to do the same to them but I figure the rest of the world buys more lamb than the UK does and they can just buy it from New Zealand instead anyway. And then in ten year's time when the majority of our hill farmers have gone bankrupt or quit or sodding committed suicide, what exactly are we going to do? Buy it in from abroad at whatever price they want to charge, because we won't have any choice.

I'm sorry - if you think WTO trading rules are a viable position for the British economy, you are ACTUALLY mad. I mean that genuinely, I can't make a good argument for your sanity.

Britain is not self sufficient for basic commodities such as fruit and dairy. It will take decades to build it back up.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:11 pm
Profile WWW
Officially Mrs saspro

1000 new laws to be passed without parliamentary scrutiny

Take back control they said.
The great repeal bill will be interesting. I have no idea what will happen to the construction industry. The British standards were dropped in favour of Eurocodes in 2010 (Eurocodes were absorbed into UK standards - So EC1 - Wind loading is BS EN ISO 6399. A lot of building standards are written in Brussels, will:
1. BRE receive funding to hire a whole new load of standard writers. With the number of specialities, we are looking at 1000s of people, most of whom are foreign.
2. We will use Eurocodes with no imput into them, with no special UK annexes to cover special conditions? (Same situation than a lot of MEA countries are in at the moment)

Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:31 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Brexit will make it hard on the Chinese manufacturers that try and smuggle their products to customers in the EU without worrying about import duty, VAT and compliance with EU regulations (E.g. no CE certificate on electrical products). At the moment, the vast majority comes in via the UK, which has been reprimanded on several occassions for being too lax with its inspection of goods coming in from outside the EU.

Once in the UK, they can pass anywhere else within the EU without further inspection.

So it will reduce graft for people in the UK getting said packages and removing the original address label and putting on the correct address label for delivery in mainland Europe.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:30 pm
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

MrStevenRogers wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

i am happy that you start to understand leave means leave end of story ...

Just be prepared that the leave we get may not be the leave you want

Not sure it’s ”end of story” though. There’s nothing permanent about any of this. We may well rejoin. It may be seen to be far too damaging and costly to leave, and we’ll withdraw from Article 50.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 62  Next