Reply to topic  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 62  Next
Brexit Britain 
What's a life?

Arranging to take German Citizenship test...

30 questions about Germany, German history, politics and society, plus 3 questions about the state I live in. On the standard, hard and very hard online tests, I scored 30, 32 and 31 points respectively. These take random 30 questions from the 330 in total, so it should be a real indication of the actual test.

I also need to prove I can speak and understand German, so I will have to dig out my certificates from the language courses.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:23 am
Profile ICQ
I haven't seen my friends in so long

big_D wrote:
Arranging to take German Citizenship test...

I took the Australian one 8 years ago. Had to revise from an anorexic booklet and then take the test electronically under supervision. It took me less than 3 minutes from the assigned 45 to answer 20 questions, and the invigilator then got a notification. He assumed something was wrong and asked if everything was ok, when I said yes he checked and said I had scored 100%.

I remember there being questions about cricket, emus and kangaroos, and thankfully it was in English.

><(((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>
•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>

If one is diving so close to the limits that +/- 1% will make a difference then the error has already been made.

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:28 pm
What's a life?

Quote:
The five pro-Brexit Essex areas which would now vote 'Remain'
Shocking analysis has revealed that five Essex constituencies who back Brexit would now vote to remain in the EU.

In total, 112 pro-Brexit constituencies have "switched" from Leave to Remain following the 2016 referendum to leave the European Union.

The new findings from analytics company Focaldata of more than 15,000 people has showed that the perception of Brexit is now changing.

https://www.essexlive.news/news/essex-n ... ssion=true
EssexLive taking their usual hyperbolic approach to a news item.

Just reminding the assembled masses that some data analysis does not mean that May is going to turn the boat around. We’re still heading for the rocks, and with recent problems in both the Labour and Conservative parties, people aren’t noticing.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:06 am
Spends far too much time on here

the difference here is, i believe, that we are headed for open waters not the rocks, that is quite fundamental in the difference of opinion.

Quote:
The analysis was jointly commissioned by the anti-Brexit Best For Britain campaign and anti-fascist Hope Not Hate campaign, and published in the Remain-backing Observer newspaper.

https://www.essexlive.news/news/essex-n ... ssion=true

so how much water do these polls hold, bearing in mind that the results suit there very own agenda, shrug ...

edit. forgot the link ...

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Last edited by MrStevenRogers on Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:46 am
Site Admin

MrStevenRogers wrote:
the difference here is, i believe, that we are headed for open waters not the rocks, that is quite fundamental in the difference of opinion. .

& this sir, is why you're a LIFTED idiot.

Union man by chance?

I've only ever done it with a chicken so far, but if required I wouldn't have any problems doing it with other animals at all.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:11 pm
Profile WWW

saspro wrote:
MrStevenRogers wrote:
the difference here is, i believe, that we are headed for open waters not the rocks, that is quite fundamental in the difference of opinion. .

Union man by chance?

body and soul and have been for over many, many years. is that a problem? ...

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:14 pm
Site Admin

MrStevenRogers wrote:
saspro wrote:
MrStevenRogers wrote:

Union man by chance?

body and soul and have been for over many, many years. is that a problem? ...

Nope, just explains a lot

I've only ever done it with a chicken so far, but if required I wouldn't have any problems doing it with other animals at all.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:50 pm
Profile WWW

good, please continue ...

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:01 pm
What's a life?

Meanwhile, it seems that Chris Grayling has not got a clue.

Quote:
Thread on Brexit, lorry drivers, Chris Grayling and no deal planning. If you think government's no deal planning is all fine and dandy, *read this*. Full story also below.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... -hauliers/

https://twitter.com/JamesERothwell/stat ... 9146087430

Extracts from the thread. You can also read about it on the Telegraph website, if you have paid to get past the paywall.

Quote:
One of them, Kevin Hopper, who runs a major firm up in Yorkshire, said that he tried to explain to Grayling that if there is no Brexit deal then UK haulage drivers won't be able to drive in EU as their papers will be invalid

Quote:
Grayling, he says, "looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language."

Quote:
Kevin, who has 40 years industry experience, then showed to Grayling a copy of the EU's notice to stakeholders from the Commission's website, which confirms exactly that: no deal, no recognition of UK drivers. This document:
https://ec.europa.eu/transport/sites/tr ... nsport.pdf

Quote:
Kevin says Grayling appeared to have never heard of this document but he insisted that "everything would be fine"

Grayling is the Transport Minister. He’s supposed to know. It’s his [LIFTED] job to know, and to plan accordingly.

So, there you go. “Everything will be fine” with nothing to support the claim. Just seer blind hope. These people are criminally incompetent.

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:30 pm
What's a life?

So, back to the 70s and 80s, the UK drivers drive the trailers to the port, the workers there pack the trailers on the RO-RO and workers on the other side pull them off and hitch them up to European trucks...

Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:19 am
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

big_D wrote:
So, back to the 70s and 80s, the UK drivers drive the trailers to the port, the workers there pack the trailers on the RO-RO and workers on the other side pull them off and hitch them up to European trucks...

These days, they’ll be pushing the trailers onto the train as well.

Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:07 pm
What's a life?

I thought part of the Brexit plan was to flood the tunnel? ;)

Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:31 pm
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

Quote:
Brexit plan: 80 MPs will reject Chequers deal, says ex-minister
Up to 80 Tory MPs are prepared to vote against Theresa May's Chequers plan, a former Brexit minister has warned.

Steve Baker told the BBC the PM's blueprint for future relations with the EU had alienated Leavers and Remainers.

He warned of a "catastrophic split" if his party was not able to unite around a different, more flexible arrangement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45468544

It looks more likely that the Tories won’t survive this in the form that they are in anyway. The party will tear itself apart over this - whether it’s this side of March 29th 2019 on the other side remains to be seen.

And I can”t see Labour doing too well either, with its current problems and a leadership which seems ambivalent to the whole EU withdrawal process at best.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:35 pm
Has a life

Nobody wants to leave - including I rather suspect most of the population.
The referendum was a complete farce in that absolutely no information was given to the people on either side of the decision before hand.
The reason it was so close was because, I suspect, people were voting at random and therefore statistically the result would be fairly even.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:46 pm

Burn_IT wrote:
Nobody wants to leave - including I rather suspect most of the population.
The referendum was a complete farce in that absolutely no information was given to the people on either side of the decision before hand.
The reason it was so close was because, I suspect, people were voting at random and therefore statistically the result would be fairly even.

yes they do very much so.
the referendum has taken place and as a result we are leaving the EU.

there was plenty of information, but most was based on a fear factor, on both sides.

GE's have had closer results, they are not contested.

statistically its gone on so long nobody really cares any more other then get it over and done with.
you and others may wish for something else, but most people on the ground, wish the above.

the sooner we leave the sooner things get better, for us all.

please have a nice day ...

Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 62  Next