Reply to topic  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 62  Next
Brexit Britain 
What's a life?

Not sure if that vote of no confidence will succeed, all the Tories will rally round May today, unless they are of the mind to hoof her out. Remember that No Confidence vote the Tories had last year? That showed at about 1/3 of Tory MPs have no confidence in her as a leader.

May’s Magic Money Tree will ensure the DUP props her up.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:44 am
What's a life?

Oh, Lordy. Yesterday was a bloody waste of time. Or was it?

The vote of no confidence in the government went as expected, but with a small majority: 19 votes. Is that another 52:48 split? I’m feeling too dim to do the maths right now, but it feels about right. Had the DUP not supported the government, the majority would have been 1 (as they were keen to point out).

Corbyn is now saying that May has to take a No Deal Brexit off the table before he talks to her. Is this code for Labour supporting the revocation of Article 50?

And, finally, at 10pm, May in her short statement outside No 10 said she would be engaging in cross parry talks. Why the fcuk she didn’t do this 2 years ago is anyone’s guess. That would be the right thing to have done back then. With the EU seeming to be reluctant to renegotiate (and there are elections coming up in various EU countries, so that’s a moot point - they won’t be interested in our stupidity), going back with more requests for negotiations will probably be turned away.

So here we are. A PM who won’t resign or call an Election (because I expect the country has far less confidence in her than the House of Commons), and an opposition leader who really needs to read the job description.

Meanwhile, we spiral towards an ever confusing future.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:48 am
Official forum cat lady

Sh1ts given = zero

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:16 pm
Doesn't have much of a life

Looking at the voting, as well as the DUP, there was one "Independent" MP who supported the government in this no confidence vote. Anyone know who this was and what constituency they represent?

Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

BigRedX wrote:
Looking at the voting, as well as the DUP, there was one "Independent" MP who supported the government in this no confidence vote. Anyone know who this was and what constituency they represent?

Sylvia Hermon, North Down. The names are on this page: https://www.theyworkforyou.com/division ... 96-commons

Quote:
Party was UUP until 12 Apr 2010

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10958 ... north_down

Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:24 pm

Thanks that was exactly the sort of information I was looking for but couldn't find.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
I haven't seen my friends in so long

A PM this useless should be on Job Seekers allowance by now but, incredibly, there isn't a serious alternative. I can;t believe I'm saying that there is nobody up front capable of outshining Theresa May - an incompetent moron who is screwing the pooch on a daily basis right now, and still Jeremy Corbin can't make a dent in her. There's a damning indictment of his credibility right there.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:29 pm

It's very difficult to see what other outcome there could be.

May survived the no confidence vote as leader of her own party because the alternatives are even worse, and there was no way that the Government was going to loose the no confidence vote as the DUP were committed (bribed) to propping them up and a I suspect every conservative MP that isn't in the safest of safe seats would be fearing for their job should an election be called.

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:25 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

BigRedX wrote:
It's very difficult to see what other outcome there could be.

May survived the no confidence vote as leader of her own party because the alternatives are even worse, and there was no way that the Government was going to loose the no confidence vote as the DUP were committed (bribed) to propping them up and a I suspect every conservative MP that isn't in the safest of safe seats would be fearing for their job should an election be called.

It’s always a good idea to ask the incompetent employee if they are good to carry on with the job (this happened on a place where I worked once - he said yes - he was sacked because he had not got the ability to recognise that he was having problems and didn’t ask for help - he was screwing stuff up royally as a result). Ideally, a confidence vote should be held by the electorate.

I refer my learned colleagues to this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect (you’ll have to copy & paste that one - BBCode doesn’t like it)

I also refer you to this moment where May was given a P45 in the middle of a speech. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB9pN0H7saA

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:35 am
What's a life?

Another “meaningful vote” as May tries to get her deal (possibly with some amendments) through the House again. Will she win? Has she got the DUP on side? Will the ERG support her? We’ll know about 8pm.

Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:43 am
Spends far too much time on here

paulzolo wrote:
Another “meaningful vote” as May tries to get her deal (possibly with some amendments) through the House again. Will she win? Has she got the DUP on side? Will the ERG support her? We’ll know about 8pm.

the votes are not meaningful. just votes to stop leaving the corrupt, dictatorial protection racket called the EU.

do you realise how much damage this is doing to a democracy (doubt it, shrug) as most remain voters only see their way and no other. but this will change the face of politics/Govt./parliament in this country. something im totally looking forward to. well done remain voters and i wish you all very well, up to and including Gina Miller. we couldn't have done without you. fore you now not what you do, but you will (smile) ....

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:03 pm
Occasionally has a life

'If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy”. David Davis, 2012, discussing the EU

Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:13 pm

didgeman wrote:
'If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy”. David Davis, 2012, discussing the EU

that is very very true, but at this time a democratic majority vote has not been implemented before the minority try to over turn it. that is not democracy that is something far more sinister ...

Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:43 am
Site Admin

MrStevenRogers wrote:
didgeman wrote:

that is very very true, but at this time a democratic majority vote has not been implemented before the minority try to over turn it. that is not democracy that is something far more sinister ...

Steve - Imagine you fall asleep driving your bus, the bus is heading straight for the edge of a cliff. Do the passengers try to wake you up and stop you driving over the cliff or wait for you to drive off the cliff before trying anything?

I've only ever done it with a chicken so far, but if required I wouldn't have any problems doing it with other animals at all.

Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:25 am
Profile WWW

saspro wrote:
MrStevenRogers wrote:
didgeman wrote:

Steve - Imagine you fall asleep driving your bus, the bus is heading straight for the edge of a cliff. Do the passengers try to wake you up and stop you driving over the cliff or wait for you to drive off the cliff before trying anything?

we are not heading for a cliff, only remain voters seem to believe that, we are headed for clear open waters. the only way to find out is to abide by the majority vote and leave ...

Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 62  Next