Reply to topic  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 62  Next
Brexit Britain 
Spends far too much time on here

Quote:
EU Withdrawal Bill officially becomes law.

The government's flagship Brexit legislation has officially become law, Speaker John Bercow has announced.

Mr Bercow told MPs the EU Withdrawal Bill had received royal assent - meaning the Queen has agreed to make it into an Act of Parliament.

The legislation enables EU law to be transferred into UK law in an attempt to ensure a smooth Brexit.

It was subject to fierce debate as it passed through Parliament, with many attempts to change its wording.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44615245

one step nearer the exit door, tick tock, tick tock ...

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:45 am
Occasionally has a life

American Embassy thoughts on Brexit:

Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:17 pm

twitter ... please keep presenting protect fear, the leave voters are just enjoying it, the more project fear the greater the chances of a no deal.
it couldn't be planned better, please carry on you are doing a great service for the UK ...

Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:35 pm
Occasionally has a life

You know, the glib childish names you idiots have to support your cause do not make the facts any different.

You are like Nero lighting his match and picking up a fiddle. This country was a basket case in the early 70s your ilk would have us back there.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:48 pm

didgeman wrote:
You know, the glib childish names you idiots have to support your cause do not make the facts any different.

You are like Nero lighting his match and picking up a fiddle. This country was a basket case in the early 70s your ilk would have us back there.

we are leaving the EU as voted on by the majority (the largest vote in UK history) the idiotic are not supporting it, but trying to divert/subvert the result. but by that diversion/subversion you create a more unified leave agenda. we are leaving, and it becomes supported by many more (which is growing). the minority are going to have to live with it, so please keep going ...

Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:35 pm

didgeman wrote:

no labour will do that with your support, nothing to do with me. im looking at the future not the past and will vote accordingly ...

Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:41 pm
What's a life?

MrStevenRogers wrote:
didgeman wrote:

no labour will do that with your support, nothing to do with me. im looking at the future not the past and will vote accordingly ...

Ok, how will this country benefit from a no deal leave? Let’s actually think about that for a moment. You’re clearly the economic expert in this group, so let’s see your evidence and your sources for these assumptions. No need for any of the usual Leave hyperbole along the lines of “it’ll be alright on the night”. Real data. Real analysys. Real experts.

You know, if you can actually pull this together, you should phone up David Davis because he clearly needs you help.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:18 am
What's a life?

Apologies Steve, I can't find the post you made with the Aesop fable in it to hit 'reply' on, but I can only hold my hands up and say I was told a different version of that story as a child. Parents eh?

In any case, would you mind if I summarise? You're basically saying "People who have been proven to lie in the past should not be trusted, and what they tell us should be ignored as it is now unreliable"? Is that the jist of your argument this area?

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:02 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

paulzolo wrote:
Ok, how will this country benefit from a no deal leave? Let’s actually think about that for a moment. You’re clearly the economic expert in this group, so let’s see your evidence and your sources for these assumptions. No need for any of the usual Leave hyperbole along the lines of “it’ll be alright on the night”. Real data. Real analysys. Real experts.

Oh, this will be good. Not.

Leavers didn't have a valid economic argument before the vote, and I'm damn sure they haven't come up with anything since.

Still, I've probably given him an out, as he's likely to prefer some glib BS in response to me than any real debate on the matter.

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:09 pm

jonbwfc wrote:
Apologies Steve, I can't find the post you made with the Aesop fable in it to hit 'reply' on, but I can only hold my hands up and say I was told a different version of that story as a child. Parents eh?

In any case, would you mind if I summarise? You're basically saying "People who have been proven to lie in the past should not be trusted, and what they tell us should be ignored as it is now unreliable"? Is that the jist of your argument this area?

not so much people in this case but the whole area around the leave/remain campaign ...

Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:20 am

Spreadie wrote:
paulzolo wrote:

Oh, this will be good. Not.

Leavers didn't have a valid economic argument before the vote, and I'm damn sure they haven't come up with anything since.

Still, I've probably given him an out, as he's likely to prefer some glib BS in response to me than any real debate on the matter.

i dont need a get out of jail card, we are leaving, we will not pass go we will not collect 200 ...

Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:21 am

MrStevenRogers wrote:
we will not collect 200 ...
Or the promised £350 million for the NHS.
Let's not forget about that, eh?

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:47 am
Profile WWW
I haven't seen my friends in so long

MrStevenRogers wrote:
i dont need a get out of jail card, we are leaving, we will not pass go we will not collect 200 ...

What was I saying about glib BS comments in place of substantive argument?

Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:35 am
What's a life?

Spreadie wrote:
MrStevenRogers wrote:

Not what I was hoping for, but sadly what I was expecting. A woefully poor attemopt to answer a genuine question. I suspect that there is no answer.

Steven - shut up about “project fear” until you can address this kind of question seriously.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:37 am

paulzolo wrote:
Spreadie wrote:
MrStevenRogers wrote:

Not what I was hoping for, but sadly what I was expecting. A woefully poor attemopt to answer a genuine question. I suspect that there is no answer.

Steven - shut up about “project fear” until you can address this kind of question seriously.

im not the one posting project fear, tick tock tick tock ...

Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 62  Next