Reply to topic  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 62  Next
Brexit Britain 
What's a life?

oceanicitl wrote:
paulzolo wrote:
People voted for this mess. They actually, genuinely voted for this. Twice. Once in the referendum, and again when they decided that the Tories were competent and capable of doing this.

They. Voted. For. This. TWICE. We deserve everything we get now.

You're blaming the tories? So all the other MPs aren't causing [LIFTED]? :roll:

The Tories were in government and proposed a referendum on the subject. They have been in government during the negotiation process. It’s their mess, and they are failing to own it. They hyped up how piss easy it would be to negotiate their way out of the EU.

It’s a fragmented party, with groups like the ERG causing as many problems as other parties. The ERG pulls one way, the DUP (which, if you remember, May bribed from a non-existent “magic money tree” to become their delivery partners, or whatever phrase they are using to describe them) pull the other. Other Conservative ministers waver. So, mathematically, the Tories and the DUP have a small majority in the House of Commons, and could, if they voted together, get the WA through. We have a PM who is seemingly inflexible and incapable of shifting her position.

So, yeah. the party in power is failing, so we are in this mess. Regardless of what other parties are up to (and, frankly, I have no idea what Labour is doing), the Tories are ultimately responsible for this.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:48 pm
Official forum cat lady

Oh well maybe I see the bigger picture about the campaigns and everything else and how people from all the parties were involved. But yeah blame who you like.

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:46 pm
Occasionally has a life

This whole sorry mess started with Cameron $h1tting himself because of Tory votes switching to UKIP - a party with 1 M.P.

It is very very much a mess of the Tories making.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:59 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

oceanicitl wrote:
Oh well maybe I see the bigger picture about the campaigns and everything else and how people from all the parties were involved.

No, just blind to the truth, and a wee bit self delusional.

Cameron was indeed the architect of this mess, he promised a referendum when he didn't need to, shat himself at the result and took the cowards way out. May was too stupid or deluded to see that she got the job because nobody else was dumb enough to drink from that poison chalice, and has since proven many times over that she has no business being prime minister.

The very moment we need good leadership we find we are being led by donkeys, being sniped at from across the aisle by anti-semitic buffoons. Right now, Lord Buckethead has more political integrity than either the Tories or Labour.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:44 am
What's a life?

Ich bin ein Deutscher.

My German citizenship was approved and I got my certificate this morning. I've applied for my ID card, but that will take another 3 weeks to come through.

As it was processed before Brexit was finalised, I get to also keep my British citizenship.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:25 am
Profile ICQ
Spends far too much time on here

big_D wrote:
Ich bin ein Deutscher.

My German citizenship was approved and I got my certificate this morning. I've applied for my ID card, but that will take another 3 weeks to come through.

As it was processed before Brexit was finalised, I get to also keep my British citizenship.

well done and congrats. hope all goes well for you ...

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:51 pm
Spends far too much time on here

democracy has been undermined this day, you reap what you sow. please have a nice EU day, fore, you do not know what you have done ...

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:54 pm

I love how the leavers are whining that democracy is being butchered. It's undemocratic to have a second vote on this [LIFTED], despite the fact that so much has changed, but it's absolutely fine to have three (and counting) votes on a single issue in parliament.

The reason it's so "undemocratic" to have a second vote on the EU is because most leave voters have finally realised that any deal, or lack thereof, will be worse than what we already have as part of the EU; so it'd be a foregone conclusion that remain would win a second vote by a landslide.

Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:04 pm
What's a life?

Postponed until October...

Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:01 am
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

Spreadie wrote:
I love how the leavers are whining that democracy is being butchered. It's undemocratic to have a second vote on this [LIFTED], despite the fact that so much has changed, but it's absolutely fine to have three (and counting) votes on a single issue in parliament.

The reason it's so "undemocratic" to have a second vote on the EU is because most leave voters have finally realised that any deal, or lack thereof, will be worse than what we already have as part of the EU; so it'd be a foregone conclusion that remain would win a second vote by a landslide.

It seems very much like a religion, doesn’t it? Challenge a religious view, and you get a very similar response - aggressive, or certainly very defensive. You’ll get a flat denial based on whatever Scripture can be quoted to try to counter your observation.

If your Brexit faith is as solid as you feel it is, you can quite easily weather a second referendum. The results will clearly fall in your favour. However, if your faith is shaky, then a second referendum may well cause you manor anxieties.You may lose. It’s a gamble. Just remember this: you do not have to change your mind. Others do not have to change their minds. However, you have to accept that other may or will change their minds. Those changed minds may well be in your favour.

As it stands now, the whole Brexit animal may well just be “sent to the farm” and quietly vanish. We’ve not seen the civil unrest promised if Brexit didn’t happen by March 29th. It won’t happen.

Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:35 pm
What's a life?

I now fall foul of the 15 year rule. With the last vote, I was officially within the 15 year ex-pat clause and was entitled to vote. This time round it is 16.5 years, so I wouldn't be eligable.

On the good news front, I got a letter through yesterday that my German ID card has been produced and is wending its way back to the local council offices, so I should be able to pick it up at the weekend.

Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:03 pm
Profile ICQ

paulzolo wrote:
It seems very much like a religion, doesn’t it? Challenge a religious view, and you get a very similar response - aggressive, or certainly very defensive. You’ll get a flat denial based on whatever Scripture can be quoted to try to counter your observation.

Indeed, although one major difference is that the holy scriptures were written in a book the first time around, and this time they were printed on the side of a bus.

Just as believable though...

Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:03 pm
What's a life?

UKIP shambled their way through Chelmsford yesterday.

Quote:
Chelmsford High Street was temporarily being taken over by UKIP members, who were seen "marching" down the road.

A UKIP bus was seen sitting at the top of the High Street near Shire Hall this afternoon (Tuesday May 7), residents claimed.

Photographs sent into Essex Live show a number of UKIP members walking down the road at around 12.45pm.

https://www.essexlive.news/news/essex-n ... rd-2840910

Wed May 08, 2019 8:54 am
Doesn't have much of a life

They all look very old...

Wed May 08, 2019 8:57 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

BigRedX wrote:
They all look very old...

There was a UKIP gazebo in the High Street on Saturday. As soon as it started raining, they packed up and went (rain then turned into hail).

Wed May 08, 2019 1:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 62  Next