Reply to topic  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 62  Next
Brexit Britain 
What's a life?

Meanwhile, the Tory Party’s self-destriuction continues.

Quote:
Conservative MPs opposed to Theresa May's Brexit plan have met to discuss how and when they could force her to stand down as prime minister.

About 50 members of the European Research Group (ERG) openly discussed "how best you game the leadership election rules," a source said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45488136

It was going to destroy itself one way or another over the EU anyway - the idea that holding a referendum would somehow stop that from happening was a massive miscalculation by Cameron.

Less than 200 days, and the Tories could well be distracted by a leadership challenge in that time. AND there may well be another General Election.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:12 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

True but labour are in a pickle to so they are not in any shape to be able to capitalise on it

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:29 am
Spends far too much time on here

paulzolo wrote:
Meanwhile, the Tory Party’s self-destriuction continues.

Quote:
Conservative MPs opposed to Theresa May's Brexit plan have met to discuss how and when they could force her to stand down as prime minister.

About 50 members of the European Research Group (ERG) openly discussed "how best you game the leadership election rules," a source said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45488136

It was going to destroy itself one way or another over the EU anyway - the idea that holding a referendum would somehow stop that from happening was a massive miscalculation by Cameron.

Less than 200 days, and the Tories could well be distracted by a leadership challenge in that time. AND there may well be another General Election.

i dont think a leadership election will happen at this time. maybe later, after march 2019, but before the next GE ...

Nothing known travels faster than light, except bad news ...
HP Pavilion 24" AiO. Ryzen7u. 32GB/1TB M2. Windows 11 Home ...

Last edited by MrStevenRogers on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:36 pm

hifidelity2 wrote:
True but labour are in a pickle to so they are not in any shape to be able to capitalise on it

Labour are in world of pain, all self inflicted, and will continue along the same path for some time ...

Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:38 pm
What's a life?

MrStevenRogers wrote:
hifidelity2 wrote:

Labour are in world of pain, all self inflicted, and will continue along the same path for some time ...

Agreed. It’s criminal that our opposition party can’t even live up to the job title. Apart from the usual anti-semetic problems, Labour is, I feel, playing the 5 year waiting game.

It seems to me that they are waiting for the Tories to implode, and instead of capitalising on the mountains of ammo that has been handed to them by senior Tory members, they are sitting back, waving through the Brexit plans, and doing very little else. I suspect that they don’t want to be seen to be against the Brexit process ”because democracy”. Had they no other issues, then they should be taken to part for not scrutinising the government more. As it stands, they’ve created a lovely (wholly preventable) distraction for themselves, and indeed us, which will no doubt return to haunt them big time when the next election is called.

Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:18 am

paulzolo wrote:
davrosG5 wrote:
They haven't managed to make any of this stick but you keep peddling it.
Remain expenditure you keep harping on about either occurred outside the window in which spending limits applied or weren't made by the official campaign or anything that could be tied sufficiently close to it to count (unlike the Leave campaign).
However hard done by you feel about it, the Electoral commission is the independent arbiter of this stuff and has persistently found no case to answer for the accusations levelled at the remain campaign.
Obviously you don't care about that because it doesn't fit with your warped world view but unless that position changes the remain camp has no case to answer.

Meanwhile, the leave camp has some related police enquires to look forward to, as well as paying some fines.

Quote:
Electoral Commission 'misinterpreted' Vote Leave expenses, court rules.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45519676

will wait and see how the electoral commission will react ...

Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:45 am
What's a life?

Quote:
The High Court found that Vote Leave broke the law in a new way
England & Wales's High Court has ruled that Vote Leave broke campaign spending limits in addition to the way that the Electoral Commission previously said they did.

The High Court has ruled today that Vote Leave did break their spending limit and so the law when they gave £625,000 to the young Brexit campaigner Darren Grimes ahead of the European Referendum. However, people have got confused about how this relates to the Electoral Commission’s decision to fine both Vote Leave and Grimes back in July. So I've read the whole ruling to work out what's going on.

[...]

Both the Leave and the Remain campaigns have some legitimate grievance here. If Leave was, as it claims, told by the Electoral Commission that their donation to Grimes was allowed, then they have now been told by the High Court that it was not. However, the breach of the rules for which they were fined earlier this year was a slightly different question: it is absolutely clear in the published Electoral Commission guidelines that spending on “joint campaigns” will all be counted against the lead campaign’s expenditure.

Likewise, if the Commission’s incorrect interpretation of the law effectively allowed the official Leave Campaign to spend more than the official Remain campaign, then Remainers have significant grounds for grievance.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/uk/brexit ... ferent-way

Vote Leave is not out of the water.

Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:36 am
What's a life?

Also this:

Quote:
Because Vote Leave was up against its spending limits, it couldn’t spend in its own name. But the commission ruling opened the door for it to donate £620,000 to Grimes to pay for advertising services he purchased from AggregateIQ – the same data analytics and online advertising firm Vote Leave had been using for similar services – and to donate £100,000 to Veterans for Britain (which was also spent with AIQ).

Stronger In was also up against its spending limits. But because it didn’t get the advice from the commission, it had to stop spending. And this morning the high court decided that advice given to Vote Leave by the commission was wrong. The consequence is that the commission unlawfully tilted the playing field.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... vote-leave

Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:40 am
What's a life?

Quote:
Brexit "fundamentalists" will cause the UK "years of economic pain" to justify the "erotic spasm" of leaving the EU, Sir Vince Cable is set to say.

Speaking at his party's conference later, he will warn that those "least able to afford it" will suffer most.

The Lib Dem leader will call on Theresa May to "shock us all" and back a referendum on the Brexit deal she strikes with Brussels.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45553411

"Erotic spasm".

Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:14 am

paulzolo wrote:
Quote:
Brexit "fundamentalists" will cause the UK "years of economic pain" to justify the "erotic spasm" of leaving the EU, Sir Vince Cable is set to say.

Speaking at his party's conference later, he will warn that those "least able to afford it" will suffer most.

The Lib Dem leader will call on Theresa May to "shock us all" and back a referendum on the Brexit deal she strikes with Brussels.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45553411

"Erotic spasm".

leave voters call it "Common Sense" ...

Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:50 pm
What's a life?

Quote:
The UK narrowly voted in favour of Leave in the EU referendum, but with six months to go until Brexit, where does the country stand now?

From whether the UK should hold another referendum, to what Brexit means for the economy, the opinion polls reveal a great deal about what the country thinks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45520517

Note the key “narrowly voted”. Anyway, lots of graphs, all pretty much showing an increased dissatisfaction with the process, those running it, and the projected outcomes.

Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:45 pm
What's a life?

Quote:
Nissan becomes latest manufacturer to warn against hard Brexit

The Japanese carmaker Nissan has warned the government that serious disruption will be caused to its huge manufacturing operation in the north-east of England if the UK fails to secure a deal with the EU that avoids a hard Brexit.

Carlos Ghosn, the chair of Nissan, has described its British operations as “a European investment based in the UK”, which employs almost 8,000 people, mostly at its factory near Sunderland. A further 30,000 people are employed in UK companies supplying Nissan.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... ard-brexit

BMW, Opel have also issued similar warnings.

Quote:
Toyota would be forced to halt car production in the UK and BMW could shift production of the Mini to the Netherlands if there is a no-deal Brexit, car manufacturers warned at the Paris Motor Show.

Johan Van Zyl, the chief executive of Toyota Europe, said it would have to temporarily close its Derbyshire plant, which employs about 2,600 people, and its future would be uncertain.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... land-rover

This isn’t “project fear”. This is businesses seeing the problems for what they genuinely are, and making plans to reduce the impact on them. I’d trust the people who build cars to know how their operations work over some minister on a 5 year contract.

Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:48 am
What's a life?

Got an appointment for Eingürgerung next week. Will see what I have to do to get German citizenship.

If it is completed by the end of March, I can probably keep dual citizenship.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:23 am
Profile ICQ
I haven't seen my friends in so long

big_D wrote:
Got an appointment for Eingürgerung next week. Will see what I have to do to get German citizenship.

If it is completed by the end of March, I can probably keep dual citizenship.

I thought Germany didn't allow dual citizenship.

><(((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>
•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>

If one is diving so close to the limits that +/- 1% will make a difference then the error has already been made.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:33 pm
What's a life?

It is allowed for EU ciitzens. The question is, whether the dual status remains after the Brexit is finished.

Edit: And Turkey is a special case. There are around 1.5 million dual citizenship Turkish people in Germany. It is causing problems at the moment, because they are very pro-Erdogan and Erdogan is very big on building Mosques in Germany "for his people".

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:09 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 62  Next