Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Brown defeated over Gurkha rules 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

At last something to be proud of. The House of commens actually had the balls to vote for the right decsion
Quote:
Gordon Brown's government has suffered a shock defeat in the Commons on its policy of restricting the right of many former Gurkhas to settle in the UK.

MPs voted by 267 to 246 for a Lib Dem motion offering all Gurkhas equal right of residence, with the Tories and 27 Labour rebels backing it.

clicky

If your prepared to die for this country the only right thing is to allowed to live in this country.

Amnesia10 wrote:
Yes but the opportunity to legally kill someone with a giant dildo does not happen every day.

Finally joined Flickr

Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:57 am
Has a life

About bloody time!!. I signed the petition last year for this. These guys put down the lives for us, whether people agree with the conflicts our goverment has made them fight in or not.

This annoyed me, a comment on ITN.co.uk by "Brown is the colour of pooh"
Mr Brown warned that the UK could not afford the £1.4 billion annual cost of an open-door policy.

No its not cheap, BUT nor is a human life, but he has no problem with them loosing there's for him.
If you dont want to pay the money MR Pooh, don't have them as part of our armed forces!!

rant over :evil:

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:14 am
Spends far too much time on here

warriorsq wrote:
About bloody time!!. I signed the petition last year for this. These guys put down the lives for us, whether people agree with the conflicts our goverment has made them fight in or not.

This annoyed me, a comment on ITN.co.uk by "Brown is the colour of pooh"
Mr Brown warned that the UK could not afford the £1.4 billion annual cost of an open-door policy.

No its not cheap, BUT nor is a human life, but he has no problem with them loosing there's for him.
If you dont want to pay the money MR Pooh, don't have them as part of our armed forces!!

rant over :evil:

+1
It also enraged me to think of the number of "other" immigrants who have come on a free pass to live and work in the UK, just because we share a common European Community!! When those people start fighting and dying for this country, not trying to make it as much like their country as possible then I'll be less angry about the appalling way the Gurkhas have been treated.

This above all: To Thine Own Self Be True

"Red sky at night, Shepherds Delight"..Which is a bit like Shepherds Pie, but with whipped topping instead of mashed potato.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:20 am

This is good news, but let's hope the PTB realise they're not in tune with those they're supposed to be serving.

Any bets on a general election earlier than next summer?

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:27 am
Has a life

HeatherKay wrote:
This is good news, but let's hope the PTB realise they're not in tune with those they're supposed to be serving.

I wish there was, I leave these sunny shores for good early next year and would like to have my vote before I go

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:37 am
What's a life?

HeatherKay wrote:

Not likely. Brown is a clinger. He’ll stay on for as long as he can, doing the “right thing”. It’s always the “right thing”, isn’t it?

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:16 am

paulzolo wrote:
Not likely. Brown is a clinger.

Now that's an image I will need to scrub from my head. :shock:

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:30 am
Has a life

HeatherKay wrote:
paulzolo wrote:
Not likely. Brown is a clinger.

Now that's an image I will need to scrub from my head. :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:34 am
Spends far too much time on here

paulzolo wrote:
HeatherKay wrote:

Not likely. Brown is a clinger. He’ll stay on for as long as he can, doing the “right thing”. It’s always the “right thing”, isn’t it?

<Hot Fuzz> "The Greater Good" </HF>

This above all: To Thine Own Self Be True

"Red sky at night, Shepherds Delight"..Which is a bit like Shepherds Pie, but with whipped topping instead of mashed potato.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]